Busting my butt...for nothing

Options
So my husband who is here to gain weight lost 3 lbs ....
I am here to lose weight and almost 5 weeks or more and I have lost all of 3 lbs....none this week, none last week.
Effing 3 lbs total.

He is eating but not charting and I always have calories left over...so what is going on?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in 5 weeks isn't bad. That's about what I'm aiming for when I'm ready to lose again. Is your goal set to lose more? If so, have you been using a food scale and logging all drinks, condiments, cooking oils, dressings, etc?
  • cher2178
    cher2178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? If you're not to far from goal it takes a bit longer to lose. Make sure you are drinking enough water, a while back I had slow results and found that upping my water really helped. Just stick with it, take measurements and progress pictures, sometimes the scale doesn't show all the results of your efforts.
  • Soria150
    Soria150 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Try shaking up your metabolism. You could try fuel pulling (add a few meals that are only lean protein and leafy greens). Sometimes you have to shake things up. Also drink lots of water and get rid of any toxin build-up in your system. I lost 5lbs drinking 8 glasses a day for a week.
  • c_youngson
    c_youngson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Change something big. I have had great success with low carbs. I do this for 2 to 3 weeks at a time then. Slow build the carbs back into my diet.
    All I can think from reading your comment is that you havnt made a big enough change to your eating habits
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Soria150 wrote: »
    Try shaking up your metabolism. You could try fuel pulling (add a few meals that are only lean protein and leafy greens). Sometimes you have to shake things up. Also drink lots of water and get rid of any toxin build-up in your system. I lost 5lbs drinking 8 glasses a day for a week.
    No
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    So my husband who is here to gain weight lost 3 lbs ....
    I am here to lose weight and almost 5 weeks or more and I have lost all of 3 lbs....none this week, none last week.
    Effing 3 lbs total.

He is eating but not charting and I always have calories left over...so what is going on?

Don't compare yourself to others.
    3 pounds in 5 weeks is great!
    If you don't have much to lose, weight loss will be very slow. This is normal, and good. At the low end, a loss of 1/2 pound per week is ideal.
    Weight fluctuates naturally from day to day with up to two pounds, and this is quite normal and has nothing to do with fat loss.
    If you weigh yourself weekly, the small amount of fat you have lost, may be masked by daily fluctuations.
    If you have little to lose, you have little wiggle room. Weigh everything you eat and drink, and double check entries (also scanned items) before logging.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    you're logging into each others account by mistake?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    no, not for nothing! you've lost weight, keep up the good work and you'll be rewarded. Men are inclined to lose easier, also he may have a lot more than you to lose which makes it seem easier for him to lose more...
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Srsly though, as others have said, 3lb over 5 weeks is OK and your logging looks good. Stick at it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

This is misinformation.

@Soria150 please link us to scientific evidence of your claims here.

(For anyone else reading. Her claims are myth )
  • drdwngfan
    drdwngfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Read
    "Why the scale lies." Take and track measurements instead of just using the scale. You may be shrinking in size but weighing the same. Keep going. I can't say it will be easy but it will be worth it.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    drdwngfan wrote: »
    Read
    "Why the scale lies." Take and track measurements instead of just using the scale. You may be shrinking in size but weighing the same. Keep going. I can't say it will be easy but it will be worth it.

Sadly, the measurements have not changed either. Maybe I should have been measuring more than hips and waist, but no changes there.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    Read

Is why the scale lies a book or article here?
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options

You can't 'shake up' your metabolism, and detoxing is the job of the liver and kidneys. Not helpful to the OP at all.
  • mom23nuts
    Options

You can't 'shake up' your metabolism, and detoxing is the job of the liver and kidneys. Not helpful to the OP at all.

Thanks...honestly I can't do crazy things like that anymore...at 41 with years of Atkins and slim fast and the hot dog diet and the grapefruit diet and prescription diet pulls that revved up my heart but not the weight loss and 3 kidney procedures...i have to do this with real food and exercise.

I have cut back on rice pasta breads and all those amazing snacks lil chips and ice cream. I do chuck a girl scout cookie in my lunch shake with my planned meal to satisfy my sweet tooth when I have the wiggle room.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are getting frustrated.
    At the end of the day, can you out perform your self, if you had to compare your self to the 1st day of working out?
    If the answer is yes, then no, its not all for nothing..
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are getting frustrated.
    At the end of the day, can you out perform your self, if you had to compare your self to the 1st day of working out?
    If the answer is yes, then no, its not all for nothing..
    Thank you! I have moved forward there for sure!
  • petersonma
    petersonma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I say give it more time. It was about 2 months before I started to notice the progress I was making. But by tracking, I was able to see the progress had been there the whole time.

Another thing I've learned about me is that my weight loss had a true monthly cycle to it. I usually have one week of high weight loss and then it slows to a stop. Then starts over. I'm losing at an average of 1lb a week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »
    Read

Sadly, the measurements have not changed either. Maybe I should have been measuring more than hips and waist, but no changes there.

Yes you should be measuring more spots. You lose mass all over your body when losing weight, not just in the spots that you want to lose the most.