Busting my butt...for nothing

Options
2»

Replies

• stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Yes you should be measuring more spots. You lose mass all over your body when losing weight, not just in the spots that you want to lose the most.

SO true. My weight's the same, my thighs (GRRRRR) are the same, but I've lost an inch around the waist, and the area above my knee.

Keep at it.

• mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    Yes you should be measuring more spots. You lose mass all over your body when losing weight, not just in the spots that you want to lose the most.

SO true. My weight's the same, my thighs (GRRRRR) are the same, but I've lost an inch around the waist, and the area above my knee.

Keep at it.

So should I measure more spots now and where besides adding in thigh and chest.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mom23nuts wrote: »

So should I measure more spots now and where besides adding in thigh and chest.

I think typical areas are - neck, the upper arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh and calf. At least that's what trainers I've seen do.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Measure chest, waist, hips, thigh, calves, arms. Some people measure the neck as well. I also like to measure that in-between area from the waist to hips...lower waist. That is a spot that can decrease without the hips or waist really decreasing.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    you're logging into each others account by mistake?
    Ha! If only....my husband is 6' and weighs 133....I am 5'6" and 223....we are like that nursery rhyme Jack Sprat could eat no fat....but ours should be Jack Sprat could gain no fat, his wife can't seem to get lean.

Yet I exercise and endure for miles and do 5ks while my husband days..."hell no"
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    are you eating back your calories?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Give it some time. Women tend to retain water like crazy before their period so it might be the case for you. I only lost one week a month when I was still losing.

Otherwise, eat less (I know it sucks).
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    3 pounds is a wonderful amount for 5 weeks. I know it doesn't sound big, but that is incredible.

I agree with others: get that measuring tape out, and start measuring your changes around your body. I just had a week of no loss, but DANG I look good! When we have a far way to go, the pounds seem more meaningful, but in the long run, it's all about your health and fitness. If the scale doesn't move, but the inches are going down, you know your body is changing.

Having said all of that, 3 lbs really is a very successful 5 weeks. It's rough when you want to compare to others, but you can't. Feel bad for your husband who is 3lbs further from his goal (and I don't mean that sarcastically or jokingly. He's also working, and he's moving further from his goal, and that stinks). You are on the right track. 0.5-1lb loss/week is wonderful!!!

• mom23nuts
    Options
    are you eating back your calories?

No...i always leave some...some days more some days less.