1200 Calorie Diet Friends Needed!

Options

Replies

• georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    You are welcome to friend me I am also on 1200 a day and I been doing pretty good at managing it but support is always needed
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Question, do any of you on the 1200 cal diet exercise during the days? If so, how many calories do you burn... and do you eat calories back?????

I'm torn.

Most of the time I eat my calories back. I try to do some kind of cardio everyday. On really good days I'll get in a cardio workout and a walk and those days have a higher calorie burn.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    protiens and exercise. Hard to eat when you are exercising :)
  • goingcrazy73
    goingcrazy73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on 1220 but when I like to snack lately I have been grabbing bags of the 94% fat free popcorn. They fill me up and there is alot in there so I feel like I am actually getting something good! Also I get the kettle corn so it satisfies my sweet tooth as well
  • ptheders
    ptheders Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you for all the incredible tips, guys!

Since I have been dieting, I've discovered that even if I only consume 1200 calories a day, if I eat high protein and low sodium I lose much more. I try to eat a lot of eggs and also make myself smoothies with one scoop protein powder, a few frozen strawberries, and about a half a cup of skim milk. I snack on nuts (high protein, but also high calorie) and fruit.

However, days (like today for example) when I am tired and/or PMSing I crave salt and sugar. Today I had not one, but TWO salty snacks (Smartfood popcorn, and Quaker Snack Mix) and even though they're low cal, I know they'll make me retain water.

I also have a major sweet tooth. Fruits help with this. Also 40calorie no-sugar-added fudge pops, and skinny cow ice cream cups help me when I'm really feeling like a sugar fiend.

I find myself drooling over my kids' peanut butter/banana/honey sandwiches and my husbands hamburgers. :( Its torture when we order pizza and I just have to stand there and smell it while I eat my salad and eggs.
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm on the same 1200... all my meals and snacks are pretty evenly spaced, I love my protein shakes, add bananas, berries and oj to it and they are delish and they fill me up so much! I eat veggies, fruit, and drink tons of water. So far, I'm not hungry by the time the next snack comes around...and I like it that way, because the size of the snack or meal gets smaller.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 and I really try to eat small amounts often. If I get too hungry I eat everything so key for me is not to let myself get to that point. I noticed that MFP generally overestimates exercise calories so I eat back about half.
  • ashleycarder24
    Options
    bump
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Make your own salad dressings with fat-free greek yogurt. I make a killer ranch and caesar. Pair it with 4 oz. of baked/grilled chicken (with only lemon pepper seasoning) and some greens, and lunch is around 350 cals.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm also on the 1200 calorie diet, and sometimes it's a pain in the *kitten* but it really works for me. I usually eat very tiny portions during the day, so that I can afford cheating with a little snacks (nuts, a little cheese, etc) during the evening without going way past the calorie limit. When I do snack, I usually cut up an apple, a banana and some other fruit and eat it with a little (less than a dl) of healthy yogurt. It usually turns into 300 calories at most, but it's more than just a little chocolate bar so it keeps you full longer. :)
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Buy shop bought fresh soups and have those at meal times, suprisingly filling for just liquid and always eat with a big glass of water or sugar free squash / cordial - I tend to have 200kcal or under for breakfast, around 250kcal at lunch and then around 250 - 400kcal for dinner freeing up 350 - 500kcal a day for snack and "extra treats" weightwatchers do a range of cake bars, all around 80kcal or so - they fix a sweet craving and are worth the extra calories.
    But seriously shop bought fresh soup really helps you along, you get loads of vegetables without really noticing and some of the soups come in at under 100kcal per portion so you can even treat yourself to a slice of bread and butter/margerine with it and still stay easily under the 250kcal at lunch (going by seeded bread - fills you up longer).

I'm in the UK so I don't know what the equivalents are in the US but "New Covent Garden" soups are great and there are so many flavours I could almost live off them. They also do some creamier soups for a bit of a treat, although they are suprisingly filling, and the tomato and basil one hits the spot if you've been fighting off sweet cravings.
    I find I eat less at mealtimes if I sit at a table rather than in front of the TV and make sure I'm drinking water / squash with my meal as it slows down my eating and you notice when you're getting full.
    Also, eat off of smaller plates / bowls etc. even cook your food in smaller pans and containers - it tricks you into thinking there's more of it and you feel fuller quicker.

This is from someone who could easily eat 6000 calories in a normal day without even realising! I'm also a diabetic so I reserve a lot of my calories for snacks if I need to up my blood sugar a little bit!
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1500 and then work off 300 with exercise. 100 calorie snacks are great, sometimes I buy things I like and make my own with little ziplocs.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    try sugar free jello, make a sandwich with low cal bread and lots of veggies an then some chicken or tuna, I mix my tuna with a tablespoon light nalley's mayo, red onions, banana peppers, tomatoes, spinach and cucumber slices on top. Try old fashioned oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk-40 calories, spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, shirtaki noodles with laughing cow cheese, chicken and pepper...popcorn without butter.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

shirataki noodles
    I tried preparing them once it was a horrible mess, i didnt eat them they ended up in the trash
    id like to give them another try, any tips?
    [/quote]

Wash them wash them wash them and then if you are in doubt wash them again! Got to get all that package stuff off of them or they're icky :) I've tried them a couple ways and looooooooooooooooooooove them!!! I do a hot turkey sausage spaghetti that is awesome! Open up the turkey sausage casing (Jennie O Hot Italian Turkey Sausage) and take out the meat so it's like hamburger. Then sautee that with onions and diced fire grill tomatoes (they come in a can so easy!!) or you can use a regular sauce. Once the meat is browned put in the Shirataki noodles and make sure they're a least a little separated. They make a fettucini shaped shirataki that works really well! You have to cook shiratakis in a sauce, if you don't they have zero flavor. I usually let it simmer away with some basil, garlic, etc. for about 5 minutes. Then put it over some cooked spinach or just by itself. Bon appetit!

I also turn them into pasta salad by cooking them in some seseme oil and adding some seseme ginger vinagrette to the pan and letting them cook in the flavor. Then I cool them down and put in cherry tomatoes, water chestnuts, celery, and some chicken if I'm making it with protein or without for a side dish of pasta salad with only 10 calories and 5 carbs!!

Have I mentioned I love Shirataki?
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i am also on a 12000 cal diet and find the way to stick at it is to drink lots of water, dont waste calories on soft drinks or alcohol, fruit juice is your enemy!! snack on the real deal instead, i snack on raisins, sultanas, dried apple etc, helps get me thru in between meals, dont leave it more than 4hours between meals if you can. and eat protein with every meal, even if its only a little bit. and do NOT give up carbs either, your body needs them!! also, as someone else mentioned, make sure you eat back at least 80% of your exercise calories, 1200 is already a large deficit, going below that by more than 100 will be detrimental to your health.

good luck, its just a matter of really looking where you are spending your calories and removing or replacing the ones that are wasted with ones that will serve a purpose, fill you up, give you your sweet/chocolate fix, satisfy you etc.
    :-)
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm diabetic so avoid fruit juice anyway but the idea of wasting over 100 kcal on a glass of fruit juice seems crazy - that's over a twelfth of my day! Sugar free squash/cordial is nearly as nice, not so sugary and calorie free!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie Diet and have the same issue. I just had a baby 3 months ago and I still want to eat like I am pregnant. I am trying to exercise as much as I can to compensate but I dont always find the time. My biggest downfall is my coffee with creamer in the morning - I need my caffeine but cant drink it black :(
    I have switched to silk almond milk in my coffee (unless ur talking creamer as in flavoured creamers) My hubby drinks his coffee with a tsp of sugar AND vanilla flavoured creamer! YUK! WAYYY to sugary for me!
  • usmcfemale
    usmcfemale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i like to drink water as well and i break down half month (know what i mean?). support really helps, i think about my friends on this site when i think of over snacking
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Zig Zagging right now and on my lowest calories days I am at 1200, so hard for me too as I looooooooooove food! I am trying more veggies to stay full