Am I the right size for my height? Short girls lemme know!

Options
I am 5ft and 113 pounds on a good day. I feel a little uncomfortable with my weight but I'm not sure if that is a normal weight for my height... Short girls, your opinion?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    94.5 - 127.5 is the healthy weight range for your height.
    Where you feel most comfortable on that range is a very individual thing. Body compostion and frame size come into play. Someone who is 120 lbs, but 20% BF will probably feel fine at that weight. On the other hand a person who is the same height & weight, but 28% BF may not be comfortable at that weight and want to lose a few lbs.

You could look into body recomposition. Very slow fat loss with very slow muscle gain. It will be a slow process but when done right, you get a leaner without much change in weight.

Also keep in mind our weight is not a static number it does fluctuate and is perfectly normal to have a range that you fall in. Example:
    Lowest I've seen on the scale recently - 120 lbs
    Highest I've seen - 123.7 lbs
    Trend from all fluctuations - 122.3 lbs
  • ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    For me, 113 would be great! I'm 5ft also.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm 110 at 5'1 but I feel better around 105
  • ariellenkov
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm 110 at 5'1 but I feel better around 105

I used to be 103 and I felt a lot better at that weight! I know how you feel! I'm trying to get to 107 now but it's seeming impossible!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming your age in your profile is correct? How long ago/what age were you when you were 103? It's quite common to continue developing/gain a little more weight as you enter adulthood.

I'm 113ish and 5' myself, and I'm a little softer in the tummy than I'd like but overall I feel good.

If you're not doing any strength training, that will help a lot with body composition and might make you feel better at a higher weight, too. I'm planning to give recomp a try later this year - eating at maintenance and lifting heavy - and we'll see how that goes over the next year.

~Lyssa

• 25brittany25
    25brittany25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 110 at 5'1.5 when I was 120 I felt horrible and had excess fat . My body is most attractive at 103 though :) that's just my body shape . Everyone is built different what's right for some might not be for others. Some people have more muscle than others. My sister is 4'9 and she is 113 and has less fat than me because she has more muscle tone.
  • Ieyen
    Ieyen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'1 and about 119...and trying to gain a little muscle. I like to keep a little curve on my body :)
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'. My goal is 112-120, currently 131. I know I felt my best at 112, about 6 years ago I was 103, I felt that was too low for me.
  • knittingbee928
    knittingbee928 Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You are me :smiley:

I'm 5'0 and 113, hoping to lose about 10 lbs or so to get back around to 100 lbs. I carry all of my weight in one place and for me even 105 gets uncomfortable. (I'm looking at YOU, ripped skirt seam! :neutral:)

So yeah, N'thing what everyone has said above - everyone is different.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You probably need to do some recomp one. I'm 5'3" and I would be unhappy at 113- some of it is just personal preference. Just do it healthily, but also don't assume that just losing weight will improve how you look you might need to recomp a bit and might not need to lose weight.
  • katej37
    katej37 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and will be happy at 126lbs. I know that weight is at the top end of BMI but I have large boobs (that never seem to reduce!) so any lighter than that makes me look ill.
  • ariellenkov
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    You probably need to do some recomp one. I'm 5'3" and I would be unhappy at 113- some of it is just personal preference. Just do it healthily, but also don't assume that just losing weight will improve how you look you might need to recomp a bit and might not need to lose weight.

Unhappy how? Too heavy?
  • shadow2soul
    edited March 2016
    Options

Unhappy how? Too heavy?

You might not like what you see in the mirror. Losing weight might not get you the look you want (granted I don't know what you want), but that's all she is saying.

Example of someone (NOT ME) who lost weight, but ended up gaining weight to get the appearance they wanted:
    djy9lk8rugt0.jpg
    While the pic on the right is heavier, the BF % is lower than the lighter pic on the left.
    bf1.jpg 10.2K
  • shadow2soul
    Options
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Of course it depends on the woman, but from personal experience most of the women i've worked with thought they looked their best closest to the general rule:

5 feet= 100 pounds
    + 5 pounds for every inch above 5 feet

So for someone who's 5'1 they look best around 105, 5'3 they look best about 115, etc.

This is of course completely anecdotal and irrelevant as you obviously AREN'T happy with the way that you look at your current weight.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Unhappy how? Too heavy?

Same way someone can be happy with how they look at a weight. I don't like how heavy weights look on me. It's a personal preference.
  • ariellenkov
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Of course it depends on the woman, but from personal experience most of the women i've worked with thought they looked their best closest to the general rule:

5 feet= 100 pounds

So for someone who's 5'1 they look best around 105, 5'3 they look best about 115, etc.

This is of course completely anecdotal and irrelevant as you obviously AREN'T happy with the way that you look at your current weight.

When I was anorexic I was 99. So 100lb is not a healthy weight for me nor is it for most women.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

5 feet= 100 pounds

When I was anorexic I was 99. So 100lb is not a healthy weight for me nor is it for most women.

its well within the healthy bmi range for someone who is 5 feet.

most women arent only 5 feet. so....
  • ariellenkov
    Options

5 feet= 100 pounds

its well within the healthy bmi range for someone who is 5 feet.

most women arent only 5 feet. so....

Oh. Well I looked sickly at 99lbs. Everyone kept asking me if I was okay.