Am I the right size for my height? Short girls lemme know!

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Of course it depends on the woman, but from personal experience most of the women i've worked with thought they looked their best closest to the general rule:

5 feet= 100 pounds
    + 5 pounds for every inch above 5 feet

So for someone who's 5'1 they look best around 105, 5'3 they look best about 115, etc.

This is of course completely anecdotal and irrelevant as you obviously AREN'T happy with the way that you look at your current weight.

When I was anorexic I was 99. So 100lb is not a healthy weight for me nor is it for most women.

its well within the healthy bmi range for someone who is 5 feet.

most women arent only 5 feet. so....

Oh. Well I looked sickly at 99lbs. Everyone kept asking me if I was okay.

If you were that weight because of anorexia, malnutrition could have been why you looked sickly.

You could also have a med- large frame size or more muscle making the low end of the range look underweight on you. The other possibility is that your slightly taller than 5'. Adding just 1" moves 99 lbs to almost underweight. (I saw a post awhile back were someone found out that there height wasn't what they thought...can't remember if they were taller or shorter then what they thought though.
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    100 for 5'0" may be in BMI range but it doesn't work for everybody. There is a reason the range is 95-128!
    I'm barely 5'0" and I was 100 before puberty but by the time my body finished growing in by age 14 the scale was at 108 and that was totally ok, all of those new curves had to take up some weight! It looked good as a teenager.
    But 20 years later, post baby I was down to 110 again and it looked awful on me, I got the same types of comments about being sickly. I'm not sure if it was my age or being a mom but I looked better with another 5-10 lbs on my body, especially my face. (Current goal is 115-120.)
    Instead of the weight on the scale, look in the mirror and at old photos, and find the, "wow, I look great!" place that works for you.
  • ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    kf1834 wrote: »
    100 for 5'0" may be in BMI range but it doesn't work for everybody. There is a reason the range is 95-128!
    I'm barely 5'0" and I was 100 before puberty but by the time my body finished growing in by age 14 the scale was at 108 and that was totally ok, all of those new curves had to take up some weight! It looked good as a teenager.
    But 20 years later, post baby I was down to 110 again and it looked awful on me, I got the same types of comments about being sickly. I'm not sure if it was my age or being a mom but I looked better with another 5-10 lbs on my body, especially my face. (Current goal is 115-120.)
    Instead of the weight on the scale, look in the mirror and at old photos, and find the, "wow, I look great!" place that works for you.

Thank you. So far, this is the only comment that makes sense to me.
  • ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Of course it depends on the woman, but from personal experience most of the women i've worked with thought they looked their best closest to the general rule:

5 feet= 100 pounds
    + 5 pounds for every inch above 5 feet

So for someone who's 5'1 they look best around 105, 5'3 they look best about 115, etc.

This is of course completely anecdotal and irrelevant as you obviously AREN'T happy with the way that you look at your current weight.

When I was anorexic I was 99. So 100lb is not a healthy weight for me nor is it for most women.

its well within the healthy bmi range for someone who is 5 feet.

most women arent only 5 feet. so....

Oh. Well I looked sickly at 99lbs. Everyone kept asking me if I was okay.

If you were that weight because of anorexia, malnutrition could have been why you looked sickly.

You could also have a med- large frame size or more muscle making the low end of the range look underweight on you. The other possibility is that your slightly taller than 5'. Adding just 1" moves 99 lbs to almost underweight. (I saw a post awhile back were someone found out that there height wasn't what they thought...can't remember if they were taller or shorter then what they thought though.

I'm petite but I have boobs and an hourglass figure. I feel like being a D cup is the reason for the extra couple pounds since my stomach is mostly flat and the rest of my body is pretty petite.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in with the different weights look different on different people.
    I am 5'1 and maintain happily between 100-105.
    The picture in my avatar is me at 98-100 lbs. I look healthy and am healthy, at even the lowest BMI, others wouldn't.

Cheers, h.
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am also 5ft and I'm currently 133lbs or so. I don't really feel I look bad if I'm honest I'm just a little bit too squishy in the tummy for my liking. I'm trying to get to 119lbs and see how I feel from there. The lowest I've ever been was 109lbs and I wasn't happy there but I was also 15 and insecure.
  • novasunflower
    novasunflower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's a healthy and lovely weight for your height, it's in my preferred range at 5'3"
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

I'm petite but I have boobs and an hourglass figure. I feel like being a D cup is the reason for the extra couple pounds since my stomach is mostly flat and the rest of my body is pretty petite.
    [/quote]

^I'm the same. I feel best around 105, I would like to lower my body fat and see if I can get the hourglass figure thinned down. My boobs have gotten smaller..yay!