Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• jamielangner
    jamielangner Posts: 165
    Options
    Rachael - sorry i can't help, i had my water broken in the hospital both times because it never broke after i went into labor (my mom was the same way with all 3 off us, weird huh?)

Anne - Beautiful pictures! I love the one you picked as your new profile pic!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    That's great exercise Annabelle! I can't wait to walk my little one in her stroller.

So we have scheduled a c-section for July 1st since my LO likes to be breech :smile: I've been talking about it on the other board, but Mel brought up the point that I should probably get some inside advice on recovery and stuff. Any and all adivce is welcome, please and thank you!! :tongue:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Anne, your pictures are so stinkin' cute! I love them.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Rachael ~ probably depends on how long you are in the pool. My water broke with my third and I definitely felt and heard the "pop." But not sure if you would hear or feel anything while in the water. I gushed and then leaked for a bit. I got to the hospital an hour later and they used something that was to change color to determine whether or not I actually had my water break. It didn't change colors and I was no longer leaking. So any trace of it was gone once I arrived at the hospital. My contractions started within 5 minutes and they were very intense. However, I also know that some don't start contracting right away like Megan.

Sorry I'm not too helpful. Because my answer is, it depends on your circumstances. I definitely would have known I was in labor because of my contractions but not sure if I would have felt my water break while in the water.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    10 days, Brittony!! I'm so excited for you! :bigsmile:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but I just got thinking about it last night. I got to water aerobics about twice a week now. If your water breaks while in a pool will you know? I'd hate for it to break and not know and then continue on like normal when I should be preparing to go to the hospital.

When my water broke I was in my doctor's office, and at first it felt like I had some discharge, or the start of my period, but then it was an unmistakable gush that did not stop for a while (so much so my entire jeans were soaking wet, like I had gone swimming)...And I still leaked for a good part of the afternoon after that. I would *THINK* that if I was in the pool that I would feel the difference...sorta like what Mel said, that you know when you pee in a pool (lol) and it would probably feel something like that. However, I know sometimes people say they barely even notice, or don't notice at all, when their water breaks because it's just a trickle. Most of the things I read prior to birth was that the majority of women don't have their water break first, anyway. Don't stress..I think you'll know :wink:
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Anne- Love the pictures! So cute!

Annabelle - Glad to hear you're back to exercising - wish I had that motivation! I had all intentions of working out after Annabelle went to sleep last night, but by then I just wanted to relax. I guess I need to do it sometime during the day. I'll have to find a way to incorporate her.

Brittony - No advice for you on the c-section, but I'm excited for your baby to be here in 10 days!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Rachel- I was a tummy sleeper, baby always let me know when to move

Annabelle- you look great, you’ll get back down. Great walk

Julie- I don’t miss those darn contractions

Rachael – never had my water break nor did my mom … sorry

Anne – great deal, that store is so expensive but high quality. My friend bought Brooklynn an adorable outfit there. Your pictures are great!

Brittony- So excited that Emma is coming so soon

So thanks for the heat ladies, really you could have kept it :laugh: it's 95 and I do not want to work out so I did wii boxing and now I'm sweaty and stinky :blushing: Brooklynn is not a fan of the heat! My coworker ho is due 7/5 was given an appointment for 6/29 to be induced... she said there's nothing wrong they're just pushing things forward. Really? Ugh we've been friends for 10 years and shes stubborn so no talking her out of it. I'm scared it'll lead to a c-section though.

She keeps cracking up and I <3 it! she had us in hysterics last night when we told her it was bed time and she started cracking up like on cue. I <3 these moments ad I'm definately making sure to cherish them
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Rachel- I was a tummy sleeper, baby always let me know when to move

Annabelle- you look great, you’ll get back down. Great walk

Julie- I don’t miss those darn contractions

Rachael – never had my water break nor did my mom … sorry

Anne – great deal, that store is so expensive but high quality. My friend bought Brooklynn an adorable outfit there. Your pictures are great!

Brittony- So excited that Emma is coming so soon

So thanks for the heat ladies, really you could have kept it :laugh: it's 95 and I do not want to work out so I did wii boxing and now I'm sweaty and stinky :blushing: Brooklynn is not a fan of the heat! My coworker ho is due 7/5 was given an appointment for 6/29 to be induced... she said there's nothing wrong they're just pushing things forward. Really? Ugh we've been friends for 10 years and shes stubborn so no talking her out of it. I'm scared it'll lead to a c-section though.

She keeps cracking up and I <3 it! she had us in hysterics last night when we told her it was bed time and she started cracking up like on cue. I <3 these moments ad I'm definately making sure to cherish them

Oh, Sheri, I can't wait until Annabelle starts laughing like that!!! I think we got our first little giggle today, tho :bigsmile: I absolutely LOVE how she will lay and just "talk" to me...sooo sweet!!!!

I would gladly take 95! Isn't that crazy?!?! It's been close to 105 here! UGH

How are things going, are you feeling better since being off the pill?
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options

Oh, Sheri, I can't wait until Annabelle starts laughing like that!!! I think we got our first little giggle today, tho :bigsmile: I absolutely LOVE how she will lay and just "talk" to me...sooo sweet!!!!

I would gladly take 95! Isn't that crazy?!?! It's been close to 105 here! UGH

How are things going, are you feeling better since being off the pill?

A whole lot better, it has been just over a week and I am a whole new person. I was also pretty stressed since I take care of most of the stuff at home too so I talked to hubby about it and he has made an effort to get all of the bills together for me with amounts due and tag team dinner dishes and such so it is definately helping. I still have a bit of baby blues on and off but mostly the fact that she is growing so quickly! I love "talking" to Brooklynn, that is usually how we get her to crack up. Enjoy every minute before you go back to work, leaving my baby is the hardest part of my day.:cry:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Sheri- If there is no reason for it, it’s strange to me that dr. even offer that. I am glad that you are feeling better! So sweet on the little laughs.

Megan- It’s been about a 100 here too :( horrible awful!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Sheri- If there is no reason for it, it’s strange to me that dr. even offer that. I am glad that you are feeling better! So sweet on the little laughs.

Megan- It’s been about a 100 here too :( horrible awful!

The doctors rush to get you on birth control when you go to your postnatal appointment. I would not have had this problem had everything gone according to plan and they tied my tubes, but they would not due to my hernia. My oldest gets out of school Friday and then hubby is going to get "fixed" rather than me. He does not have insurance which is why we did not even consider it but my cousin works in a urology office and her boss has agreed to do the job for $300 cash. The only thing is that he was not going to be able to walk back and forth to school so in a few days there will be no more excuses :laugh: I'm kind of sad at the thought of us permanently never being able to have more kids but I have no desire to have any more. I think 3 is plenty for us.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Sheri -- Eh, you know vasectomies can be pretty easily reversed. So if you guys lose your minds and start jonesin' for another little one, it can happen. You just have to *really* want it to happen. :wink: I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better! I can hardly wait for little baby laughs. :heart:

Ditto on the heat, Megan & Anne. Megan, I think we both need to move north. Hubby and I were thinking we'd move somewhere kind of between Greenville & Asheville in a year or 2 but now I'm thinking Canada sounds much better. :tongue: I know I probably think this every year, but seriously, it's JUNE! July and August are our worst months... so when the *actual* temperature outside is 105 & the heat index is 115 in JUNE, it doesn't look good. I keep hoping this is a heat wave & not a preview of what's to come but it really does seem to be getting hotter and hotter. Yesterday my OB was like "Honey, you've got it made. A cold front is coming through tomorrow and it's only going to be 95 the rest of the week!" :laugh: She was, obviously, making a joke but 95 is really going to feel awesome after triple digits so many days in a row.

You mamas know it doesn't mean anything (if I keep telling myself that maybe I'll start believing it, right? :tongue:) but I'm 1cm dilated & 75% effaced. :bigsmile: I'm less than impressed with the 1cm but I have high hopes for 75% effacement. :drinker:
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Sheri- I'm so glad you are feeling better and that your husband is pitching in to make things easier for you. I wonder why the doctors rush to get you on birth control when you aren't even supposed to have sex for like 6 weeks. I guess it's better to be safe and prevent the oopsie babies.

So now that I know when baby is going to be here it's like Christmas Eve every night! I can't sleep! I just keep running through lists of things I need to clean and get done, and running through these scenarios in my head. I keep going over things that would have upset me if it were an emergency c-section so that I am okay and prepared for them on that day. I guess it feels more like the weeks leading up to our wedding. We had to plan everything and arrange everything with no help, so my mind never turned off. That's how I feel. My mind won't turn off! It's making sleeping hard, but at least I have little work between now and then, so there is plenty of time to nap and get stuff done during the day.

I told my husband that it is going to be so funny if she decides to flip between now and then. The grandparents will not be happy to have to wait longer. They are so excited right now. Either that or me going into labor earlier than the 1st. I know that's a slim chance, but it would be funny too.

Oh my gosh I can't wait to hear my baby giggle!! And see her smile... and watch her sleep... and hold her forever and never let her go! haha.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Sheri -- Eh, you know vasectomies can be pretty easily reversed. So if you guys lose your minds and start jonesin' for another little one, it can happen. You just have to *really* want it to happen. :wink: I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better! I can hardly wait for little baby laughs. :heart:

Ditto on the heat, Megan & Anne. Megan, I think we both need to move north. Hubby and I were thinking we'd move somewhere kind of between Greenville & Asheville in a year or 2 but now I'm thinking Canada sounds much better. :tongue: I know I probably think this every year, but seriously, it's JUNE! July and August are our worst months... so when the *actual* temperature outside is 105 & the heat index is 115 in JUNE, it doesn't look good. I keep hoping this is a heat wave & not a preview of what's to come but it really does seem to be getting hotter and hotter. Yesterday my OB was like "Honey, you've got it made. A cold front is coming through tomorrow and it's only going to be 95 the rest of the week!" :laugh: She was, obviously, making a joke but 95 is really going to feel awesome after triple digits so many days in a row.

You mamas know it doesn't mean anything (if I keep telling myself that maybe I'll start believing it, right? :tongue:) but I'm 1cm dilated & 75% effaced. :bigsmile: I'm less than impressed with the 1cm but I have high hopes for 75% effacement. :drinker:

Just remember that all of those contractions can do something. I was waiting for my water to break or to have bloody show with Brooklynn but it never happened. So just don't wait until you have either of those to go have yourself a baby, I know that with having so many contractions ahead of time it can seem so non chalant but if they start making you cry and come quickly then you'll know its really time. I was only 1 cm at 38 weeks and this is the first time I dialated before labor, good thing is when I got to the hospital to have her I was already 4 so I consider it a head start :tongue:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Sheri- I'm so glad you are feeling better and that your husband is pitching in to make things easier for you. I wonder why the doctors rush to get you on birth control when you aren't even supposed to have sex for like 6 weeks. I guess it's better to be safe and prevent the oopsie babies.

So now that I know when baby is going to be here it's like Christmas Eve every night! I can't sleep! I just keep running through lists of things I need to clean and get done, and running through these scenarios in my head. I keep going over things that would have upset me if it were an emergency c-section so that I am okay and prepared for them on that day. I guess it feels more like the weeks leading up to our wedding. We had to plan everything and arrange everything with no help, so my mind never turned off. That's how I feel. My mind won't turn off! It's making sleeping hard, but at least I have little work between now and then, so there is plenty of time to nap and get stuff done during the day.

I told my husband that it is going to be so funny if she decides to flip between now and then. The grandparents will not be happy to have to wait longer. They are so excited right now. Either that or me going into labor earlier than the 1st. I know that's a slim chance, but it would be funny too.

Oh my gosh I can't wait to hear my baby giggle!! And see her smile... and watch her sleep... and hold her forever and never let her go! haha.

Your appointment is usually 5-6 weeks postnatal and the first thing they ask you is what your plans are for birth control. Mind not turning off.... Hmm not sure it ever does. I think you're just going to have to get used to it because I'm pretty sure it comes with the territory. The other night we were laying in bed and hubby asked me what I was thinking about, not sure he was prepared for the list I gave him and this was at bedtime
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Oh yeah. I've always been like that. It's just on overdrive. I'm always so jealous that my husband can just pass out when his head hits the pillow. I told him last night that I wish I could be as thoughtless as he was :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Are Vitamin K injections routine for newborns in the hospital in the US? No one has mentioned anything to me about it.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Options
    Oh yeah. I've always been like that. It's just on overdrive. I'm always so jealous that my husband can just pass out when his head hits the pillow. I told him last night that I wish I could be as thoughtless as he was :laugh:

That's just the difference between men and women
    Are Vitamin K injections routine for newborns in the hospital in the US? No one has mentioned anything to me about it.

Yes, all of my babies have had them
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    Sheri- Glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself :flowerforyou:

I am totally finding myself sleeping on my back more lately and not intentionally too! The side sleep is just not working for me at all anymore. I always wake up within not even an hour because my hip has gone completely numb. And the pregnancy pillow- that's for the birds! There is no room for me, hubby and baby belly in bed with that pillow!