are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• becci_momof2boys
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5" and I'd love to be 125. I set my goal for 130, but we'll see when I get there! Good Luck!
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 130, but really I want 125. I will aim for 130 first.

Check out:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/ for images of girls with same weight and height.
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    I'm 5'4.9" (the .9 means a lot to me!) and I'm aiming for 119lbs as my ultimate goal weight. As you can see in my signature, I don't really know if I can get there. If I do, I don't know if I can sustain it, so overall, I'd like to somewhere in the low to mid 120s.
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    I am 5'5'' and my CW is not good. I was very healthy when I was 155....it looked great on me and many people thought I weighed considerably less, probably because I had a lot of muscle which toned everything up. I want to get to 155 and then see how I look and feel, before deciding to get to a lower weight.
  • Hezz1
    Hezz1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and currently at my goal of 140 pounds. I was 125 pounds before I had children and looked like skin and bones! I had no muscles at all. I don't ever want to be that skinny again and I don't think women over a certain vintage (I'm 46) look good that skinny. I can't tell you how many people are telling me I am wasting away to nothing - although they think I look great now - but tell me not to lose any more. Yes, I really am big-boned (I measured), so 125 is not good for me.

I guess my moral is: don't try to get to an "ideal". Make sure your goal matches your body type. Look at teenagers and early 20-somethings; their bodies, and bones have not stopped growing, so being tiny at 20 does not mean you should be as tiny at 30 or 40.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 145 (sw 183) - I will re-evaluate when I get there depending on how I look/feel.
  • crazylil1
    crazylil1 Posts: 20
    Options
    im 5"5

when i was 15 i was 105 pounds(unhealthy but it was because i smoked, i did eat all the time)
    when i was 16 and pregnant i was 142 pounds
    when she was 1 i was 103 pounds (unhealthy, didnt eat smoked)
    when she was 2 i quit smoking and gained alot over the summer and winter, prob about 134 pounds
    she is now 3 1/2 i recently weighed myself after not for a long time and im 119 now WOOOOHOO im so happy i guess just toning because theres still fat around my love handles and stomach.. i dont care what the weight is on the scale, im happy now with how i am but if i can be toned then why not (=
  • crazylil1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and my goal is set to 120. I started out at 135 on mfp. I'm almost 38 and have had 2 kids. I'm at 121 now. It is totally do-able!! You go girl!

good job!!
  • crazylil1
    Options
    i am also 5'5". my goal weight is set for 125 BUT everyone carries their weight differently. you can see by peoples pictures here. at my heaviest i weighed 162 and im now at 139lbs. so these are somewhat older .

fatty.jpg
    fatty1.jpg
    buff3-2.jpg
    DR6.jpg

good job (=
  • RamanJohal
    RamanJohal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'5'' and right now my goal weight is 140 from my original 208. I think 125 is a very healthy and reasonable weight actually. My doctor told me that for my height which would be similar to yours, I should weigh around 120-130 for me to be healthy. But it depends on your body type and what your doctor would recommend you should weigh.
  • maritaq
    maritaq Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'5"...just joined at about 158lb. My goal is 140, and have an athletic build.
  • runawaydoll19
    runawaydoll19 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my short term goal is 150lbs. My ultimate goal is 120lbs. So no, I don't think it's unreasonable.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I am 5'5... The scale jumps around a bunch for me... Currently I am about 145 with an end goal to be around 120-125

I weighed 120 on my honeymoon almost 5 years ago! My ticker pic is my goal... Which is me at 120 lbs. I came back from that honeymoon weighing 125... Ha, the pastry in Paris was worth it!

I think anywhere between 120-135 is a reasonable weight for someone that is 5'5

Good LUCK!
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I am aiming for 135. It depends on your build ideally on whether you will look sickly or not. I am currently 187# (GASP!) but before I started having kids (I have 3) I was 125-130.
  • LaurieRny
    LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im 5"5 and my goal is 140lbs. Im big framed and never been that small. I know 140lbs is large for some people, but not for me.lol.
    xxx
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'4 and my goal is 128. MAYBE 125. we will see when I get to 128.

Sorry, no pics yet. :(
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", and according to the MFP BMI calculator I will no longer be overweight when I reach 150lbs. That is my main goal at this point. I estimate that that will put me in about a size 7/8US. (Two sizes less then I was when I got married.) I am guessing that I will be happy at that size, but if I am not, I will keep going. Like someone else said, I like having curves and would not want to part with them.

Michelle
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" ish and 120 lb ish :laugh:

For me my current weight is on the border line of just right and skinny, BUT my waist is still a size bigger than my hips. It was 2 sizes bigger, so that's progress!

Please don't use my profile pick as an 'after'... It's taken with an arty 'lens' and I really don't look that thin! I might get my friends to take a better one when we're out this weekend.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and mfp says my healthy weight would range between 111 and 141lb, so I think 125 for you would probably be ok. My goal is 150, eventually, and I'll be lower than when I was on my wedding day... :) Once I reach that I will reevaluate where I want to be.
  • tsmith6569
    tsmith6569 Posts: 63
    Options
    23651_392414309016_649999016_3886650_4964752_n-1.jp

wowmoment-1.jpg

When I began with MFP in December, I weighed almost 160 pounds. I am 46 years old, 5'4" and currently 133. I had set a goal of 139, then 134 and now I, too, am aiming for 125. It may be too lofty but I am just so loving having the extra weight off me. I am small framed and I know its not about that number on the scale, but it does mean something to me. I am focusing on toning and healthy fitness more than anything and I think the results will be nice! Best of luck to all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!