diet pills yes or no?

Options
13»

Replies

• cute_n
    cute_n Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in diet pills. Maybe they stopped your crave for sugar somehow or burn ur fat slightly faster but I guess it's the placebo effect in most of cases. I would never go for it, I'm too afraid of side effects.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    one thing comes to mind when someone asks about OTC diet pills, especially something endorsed by Dr Oz

4312ofpzncf5.jpg

*shrugs* Sorry.
    Not only are they unsafe, they're also................................................BS.
    Their marketing is very pushy and effective which causes the person taking the pills to have the placebo effect.
    And a waste of money.

Think about it. If these pills actually worked, no one would be overweight or obese. No one.
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!!

Believe me...over the last 10 years of trying to lose weight...I've tried just about every diet pill and fad diet out there. None of them did anything positive. Had lots of negative side effects though...

This time I am being detailed in my tracking, looking for a lifestyle change...not just a diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No.

You will find the answer to be a resounding "No" from, I'm just guessing, most members of MFP.

YES. I would never take diet pills. Either a scam or a risk, and besides I'd rather achieve things through my own efforts.o