Check Myfitnesspal prior to ordering!

Options

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    You know how many calories are in those cute little mini-donuts, right? I will never eat them again...except maybe if I have another 30,000 step day...*sigh*
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    You know how many calories are in those cute little mini-donuts, right? I will never eat them again...except maybe if I have another 30,000 step day...*sigh*

oh! timbits are horrible! I don't eat those either anymore.. lol

• Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This weekend I was out running errands and decided to stop and get a BLT Crunchwrap Slider from Taco Bell. Those things are tiny, and they are mostly lettuce. Couldn't be that many calories right? WRONG. I looked it up before I ordered it luckily... 430 calories in that tiny thing. Aint no body got the calories for that!
  • cherellebundziak
    cherellebundziak Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat out I always look on MFP to see the best option at that restaurant before I even go or while looking at the menu.
    We don't eat out a whole lot and when we do its usually a repeat place so I typically get the same thing and can plan my calories.
  • majigurl
    Options
    Camish911 wrote: »
    This weekend I was out running errands and decided to stop and get a BLT Crunchwrap Slider from Taco Bell. Those things are tiny, and they are mostly lettuce. Couldn't be that many calories right? WRONG. I looked it up before I ordered it luckily... 430 calories in that tiny thing. Aint no body got the calories for that!

LMAO.. you are too funny!

430 for a lunch isn't SOOO bad.. but when it's that small, not that great either :neutral:
  • sourcandies
    sourcandies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wanted a treat a couple weeks ago, never really looked at ice cream Calories because I eat it like once a year. Anyway, went through DQ, decided to get a small red velvet blizzard. I've never seen a small blizzard so I thought it was going to be a child sized mini cup, maybe 350 Calories. NOPE, that thing was HUGE and 640 Calories on top of it. Thankfully after forcing half of it down (didn't want to waste, should have) I wasn't hungry for a good 4 hours.

Lesson learned.
  • majigurl
    Options
    I wanted a treat a couple weeks ago, never really looked at ice cream Calories because I eat it like once a year. Anyway, went through DQ, decided to get a small red velvet blizzard. I've never seen a small blizzard so I thought it was going to be a child sized mini cup, maybe 350 Calories. NOPE, that thing was HUGE and 640 Calories on top of it. Thankfully after forcing half of it down (didn't want to waste, should have) I wasn't hungry for a good 4 hours.

Lesson learned.

I hare a small blizzard once or twice a summer with my teen lol I dunno how people eat all that ice cream at one time or size medium or large .. just wow! lol.

How was the red velvet one? lol
  • sourcandies
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »

Lesson learned.

I hare a small blizzard once or twice a summer with my teen lol I dunno how people eat all that ice cream at one time or size medium or large .. just wow! lol.

I hate to say it, but soooo worth it for that one time, lol.
    A close friend said you can get a smaller size and it's closer to the 300 Calories I was thinking originally.
  • majigurl
    Options

Lesson learned.

I hate to say it, but soooo worth it for that one time, lol.
    A close friend said you can get a smaller size and it's closer to the 300 Calories I was thinking originally.

I don't like NEVER getting treats. Can't stick to it if I don't now and then ( within my calories usually). but those unexpected sneaky calories are a bugger !!!

Happy to hear it was good. I may have to try some this summer hehe.

• sourcandies
    Options

I don't like NEVER getting treats. Can't stick to it if I don't now and then ( within my calories usually). but those unexpected sneaky calories are a bugger !!!

Oh definitely! I see that you buy Tim Horton's? Are you Canadian, mind if I add you?
  • majigurl
    Options

Oh definitely! I see that you buy Tim Horton's? Are you Canadian, mind if I add you?

Yep.. Canadian.. I think there are a few Timmies in the upper states ?

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Haha I remember like 2-3 years ago, I was new to eating "healthy" and exercising. I was doing really well though, cooking most of my own meals and watching what I eat. One day I was out and about with my mom and she decided to stop at Starbucks. I thought, "what the hell, get me an old fav, a venti white mocha. Can't be that terrible."
    I drank the whole thing even though it tasted way too sweet. I think I got like a crazy sugar rush then an awful crash and I finally looked at the nutrition facts online and I actually started crying. "600 calories?? For THAT???"

I had a similar thing happen - only it was a milkshake from a fast food place. I was thinking around 350 calories for it (which I made room for) nope - 715 calories later haha so that started my own milkshake shop at my house haha

715 for just one milkshake? wow.. I hope it was the yummiest milkshake ever at that "cost"

Easy enough. A large (32 oz) milkshake from Whataburger is 910 calories!

To be fair 32 oz is a ginormous milkshake lol
  • sourcandies
    Options

I think so, but I don't think it's as popular in the States.
  • majigurl
    Options

I think so, but I don't think it's as popular in the States.

I think the states have dunkin donuts or something to that effect?

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time.
  • majigurl
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    All. The. Time.

You have no idea how happy ( and sad, cause it means others are doing this ) to hear that I am not alone :D

• beckyml1980
    beckyml1980 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I buy my Tims, I get it black. Then I add my own milk and a sweeter if I need it. Or try getting a black steeped tea. They are amazing and don't need any additives. Then I stick to water for the rest of the day :) I hate drinking my calories!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    TMI :D
    Because when you have too much information there are some things that you just can't enjoy anymore! Just not possible
  • majigurl
    Options
    When I buy my Tims, I get it black. Then I add my own milk and a sweeter if I need it. Or try getting a black steeped tea. They are amazing and don't need any additives. Then I stick to water for the rest of the day :) I hate drinking my calories!

I would if I had a place to put milk ect. you can ask for it with milk and sweetner there.. it's the only calories I drink. I useally stick with medium double double at 210 isn't so bad because I have it so well calculated into my day. Have to stick to that lol

I hate drinking my calories also! so not worth it!

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Why would you order triple triple? regardless of size the cream and sugar in it is proportional to the size...if you like a large double double order the extra large double double...

I don't do Tim's any more except when I am on the go getting groceries on the weekend...it's awful and so inconsistent.

Cream is 18% MF...sugar is spooned out and usually burnt...ick.

Give me fresh brewed at home thx.