BIKINI BY JULY 4TH 8WK CHALLENGE -- WEEK 7--CLOSED GROUP

Options
One more week, can you believe it girls?!?!?! It's almost July!!

So lets get to this week's check-in!

WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
Current weight:
Pounds lost since last week:
Pounds lost since the start of our challenge:
Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored?
What's your work-out schedule look like for this week?

Have an extra-fabulous week ladies!!!!!!! One more week, make it great and remember your "abs are created in the kitchen," so going ultra clean with your diet this next week should help w/ that flat tummy!! :D

Replies

• funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 111.1
    Pounds lost since last week: 2.2
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 6.3
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored?
    I've just started strength training. Lowering the amount of times I do cardio to 3 times a week

Monday 20th: 6 Week 6 Pack and Brazil Butt Lift High & Tight
    Tuesday 21st: 6 Week 6 Pack and run
    Wednesday 22nd: Bum Bum (BBL) and 6 Week 6 Pack
    Thursday 23rd: 6 Week 6 Pack & Run
    Friday 24th: 6 Week 6 Pack & BBL
    Saturday 25th: 6 Week 6 Pack & run
    Sunday 26th: 6 Week 6 Pack and yoga
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 125
    Pounds lost since last week: 0
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 2ish

Question of the week:
    Do you strength train? Do JM DVD's count as weight training? I like to do some free weight exercises from Women's Health magazine too.

Are you a cardio girl? Run 3x per week. Just completed the C25K (week 9, day 3). Now I need to actually train to run the entire 5K in a better time, so I'll keep that on my schedule as C25K training.

Do you do a bit of both? Yes. :)

What's your favorite? I love them both...they each give me a different high.

How do you keep from getting bored? Change up the workouts. Change up my running routes. Keep setting new goals.

M: C25K
    Tu: 6 week 6 pack: level 2 & Women's Health Bikini Strap Workout
    W: C25K
    Th: Shred it w/ Weight: level 2 & Women's Health Bikini Strap Workout
    Fr: 6 Week 5 Pack: Level 2 & Women's Health Bikini Strap Workout
    Sa: C25K
    Sun: Rest
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 122
    Pounds lost since last week: 2
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 8
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored? Cardio plus Jillian plus low weights in high reps for boobs!
    What's your work-out schedule look like for this week? Who knows...
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 119
    Pounds lost since last week: 0 due to period and am not weighing in til next Monday
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 7 I believe
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored? I do circuit training and if I feel up to it I do more cardio
    What's your work-out schedule look like for this week? Right now, nothing until I feel better. But when I do I plan on doing the rest of week 3 of Ripped in 30. :)
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 155.8
    Pounds lost since last week: 2.4
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 8.4

i do the 30DS as my weights now... before starting that i lifted free weights and did some of the machines at my gym. i do cardio everyday... some more intense than others. i ride my bike now that it's nice outside to the change in scenery keeeps me from getting bored.

Monday: 30DS level 2, bike
    Tuesday: 30DS level 1 and 2
    Wednesday: 30DS level 2, elliptical
    Thursday: 30DS level 1 and level 2
    Friday: 30DS level 2
    Saturday: swimming in the lake
    Sunday: swimming in the lake, 30DS level 2, bike
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 173
    Pounds lost since last week: 2
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: about 20 lol
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored? I do a bit of it all and stay active besides my workouts when I am not at work.
    What's your work-out schedule look like for this week? Horse, kids and LOL whatever cardio and strength training I can get in... those first two I often use in ways to help me with my strength and my cardio training.
  • RPNKA
    RPNKA Posts: 28
    Options
    Current weight: 158.8
    Pounds lost since last week: 1
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 5.5 lbs
    Do you strength train? No
    Are you a cardio girl? Yessssss
    Do you do a bit of both? Nope
    What's your favorite? Elipitcal Training
    How do you keep from getting bored? KEEP INCREASING MY RESISTANCE!!!

Sun- Elipitcal and walking
    Mon- Elipitcal
    Tues- Eliptical and walking
    Wed- Elipitcal and walking
    Thurs-Elipical and walking
    Friday-Rest
    Sat- Elipitcal
  • MommyAleong
    Options
    Current weight: 149.5 (yay I broke the 150 barrier!)
    Pounds lost since last week: 1.5
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 7
    Question of the week: I do a bit of both. My favorite depends.....in a class I love love strength training. If I'm on my own I prefer to do cardio.

Workout schedule is iffy as I have been sick this week but will try to exercise gently tomorrow and see where it goes from there.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 180
    Pounds lost since last week: 0 but I lost 1.5 inches on my belly button and waist measurements!!!
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 6
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored? I have started to strength train but not much. I am working on adding that to my routine so I can build muscle and speed up my metabolism! I get bored about every 2 months and that is when I just switch to something completely different.

Sunday: rest day
    Monday: rest day due to a date
    Tuesday: C25K, fat burn on the treadmill, and weights for the 100 pushup/200 situp/200 squat programs
    Wednesday: rest day
    Thursday: C25K, swimming, and weights for the 100 pushup/200 situp/200 squat programs
    Friday: volunteering at a non profit ushering, running food and drink, and busing tables
    Saturday: swimming, weights, and C25K
    **I take my two breaks at work and walk a half mile in 10 minutes, so that is an additional workout each day
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    CW: 164.2
    Pounds lost since last week: 1.6
    Pounds lost since the start: 4.6
    ?- I do a mixture of strength and cardio. I started focusing on HIIT but I've been taking it easier lately because I was getting bored with my routine. I've been running and eating as clean as I can.

My workout schedule for the week is pretty light. I haven't been feeling too great so I've just been running a 5k and heading to bed early. I'm hoping to feel better next week so I can get back into it but only time will tell.
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    UNHAPPY doesnt cut it. I have put on 3lbs and I have no idea why, I had one bad night at the beginning of the week but other than that Ive been good, so grumpy, I only had 1lb to go to my goal now I have 4lb :(

back to 130lbs now :(
  • 3girlmommy
    3girlmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 144
    Pounds lost since last week: 0 BOO TOM:sick:
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 5
    Question of the week:
    Do you strength train? I want to start strength training. All I do now is the little bit I get in when I do JM videos.
    Are you a cardio girl? I'm a walker...and a dancer!!
    What's your favorite? Zumba for my cardio
    How do you keep from getting bored? I try to switch things up, do a different video every now and again
  • pixycats
    pixycats Posts: 62
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply! I'm on vacation in NYC and am worrying about what the scale will look like when I get home... But at least this week's weigh-in is from before I got here. :)

WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 127.8
    Pounds lost since last week: 1.8
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge: 12.2
    Question of the week: Do you strength train? Are you a cardio girl? Do you do a bit of both? What's your favorite? How do you keep from getting bored? I do a bit of both - I adore my strength training group fitness class, but running is always my go-to exercise especially when I'm feeling down.
    What's your work-out schedule look like for this week? No real schedule since I'm on vacation - I went for a hike today and walked most of NYC the past several days. Hope to get in a little more light exercise before I get home (Sunday night) and can seriously start moving again.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am at 153.3. But not surprising with all going on. Last week I was not feeling the best and was lazy all week. Saturday I am doing a 5K and hopefully will be back in the swing of things! I did get a new tankini and have been told I look great so that was a boost to the self confidence!

QOTW: I weight train and do cardio. I am restarting the push phase of ChaLean.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 CHECK-IN
    Current weight: 137 (i'd rather not talk about it):sad:
    Pounds lost since last week: gained 1.5 (I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme)
    Pounds lost since the start of our challenge:1.5 then gained it back :angry:
    I can do both. in fact I like both a lot. I feel stronger after I workout. My muscles don't feel so wound up these days (my one benefit from all my efforts):tongue:
    Today- does a massage count?
    Mon- run/hike 60 mins
    Tues- Yoga
    Wed- long hike, 2hrs, at coast
    Thr- yoga
    Fri- elliptical
    Sat- rest (travel day)

If I can do this that is satisfaction enough for me. I've gone from doing nothing when I joined MFP to taking challenges like this and working out, burning over 2,200 cals in a week! That's huge for me.