Anyone eat what they want and manage to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• zerojunk
    zerojunk Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    zerojunk wrote: »
    This is my second time losing weight and last time it was zero junk too..... Worked just fine until I got with a bigger girl with a great face and she kept pushing the crap on me cause it made her feel bad that I wouldn't have any at all. So axe the junk and girls who eat it is my motto this time around. Nothing but CIA/NSA black ops girls who are gymnasts this time around lol. Maybe FBI if they are on top of things.

So you are going to the tried and true method for weight loss but not keeping it off....okayyyyy...

POster above nailed it...if you want to lose weight great cut out "junk" but if you want to lose and maintain the weight you have to include all foods you plan on eating at maintenance while losing or you will fail at the maintenance part...

and please don't blame your girl for what you put in your mouth...you could have said no thx but you didn't want to...

^^This, 100%

May you both steal lunches at work to feed your unending food cravings. lol
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options

What you want will adapt somewhat to your habits. My tastebuds appreciate the more subtle tones of real food now, while before I "needed" the rush of junk food. I still have cravings for junk, but they are managable. I plan my meals, look forward to them, eat more mindfully and enjoy my food so enourmously more than I did before.

I allow myself more fat, and I think that makes my food taste better, it makes it easier to get in more vegetables, and my overall improved diet keeps me more satisfied for the appropriate amount of calories.

I am in total agreement here! How did I not notice the amazing butter flavour of my mother's shortbread cookies before? Oh, because I was busy stuffing 5 of them in my face instead of thoroughly enjoying just 1. And wow, good chocolate is amazing! I won't even bother with the cheap "milk chocolate" any more. It's not worth the calories.

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to but as you get older you can't. I have some friends who can still eat like there's no tomorrow and are thin.
    As for me, I eat what I want but in small portions. Got a craving for McD's- get a kids meal. Want pizza? Buy one slice!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    This is my second time losing weight and last time it was zero junk too..... Worked just fine until I got with a bigger girl with a great face and she kept pushing the crap on me cause it made her feel bad that I wouldn't have any at all. So axe the junk and girls who eat it is my motto this time around. Nothing but CIA/NSA black ops girls who are gymnasts this time around lol. Maybe FBI if they are on top of things.

So you are going to the tried and true method for weight loss but not keeping it off....okayyyyy...

POster above nailed it...if you want to lose weight great cut out "junk" but if you want to lose and maintain the weight you have to include all foods you plan on eating at maintenance while losing or you will fail at the maintenance part...

and please don't blame your girl for what you put in your mouth...you could have said no thx but you didn't want to...

^^This, 100%

Why would you assume they have unending food cravings?

Seems weird.
  • zerojunk
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

^^This, 100%

Seems weird.

Obviously I'm wishing for the food cravings to happen brain wave.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Someone please post the video of the thin friend and the heavy friend. Spoiler - the thin friend does not have a faster metabolism, and she doesn't eat whatever she wants in as much quantities as she wants.
  • KellyBrown15
    KellyBrown15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, a lot of good shares to read.

In my opinion, we are all humans, so everyone does the wrong thing from time to time. However, it is not about doing bad things it's about doing right things.

Everyone knows, that just exercising and eating junk food won't bring you any result. You do have to follow any sort of a diet plan or any sort of the program. Though, it's very difficult to get used to do certain things time after time. I've been looking for different ''quick schemes'', and ''get result fast''. Thus, I did came on small diets and healthy food blog which also gave some good tips.

Have a look - http://www.fitnessdietshealth.com/category/diet/
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Do I eat what I want? Yes. Do I eat as much as I want? No.

Over 90 lb down so far, and I gave nothing up entirely, just reduced portions and frequencies of foods that aren't as filling.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes, i eat what i want and what i crave. ive lost 80 pounds.

stay in a deficit and you can eat whatever kinds of food you want. keep in mind, the fewer calories you have to work with, the harder it is to meet your macro goals so you dont have as much leeway, without making nutritional sacrifices.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

In my opinion, we are all humans, so everyone does the wrong thing from time to time. However, it is not about doing bad things it's about doing right things.

Everyone knows, that just exercising and eating junk food won't bring you any result. You do have to follow any sort of a diet plan or any sort of the program. Though, it's very difficult to get used to do certain things time after time. I've been looking for different ''quick schemes'', and ''get result fast''. Thus, I did came on small diets and healthy food blog which also gave some good tips.

You're mixing up your dos and don'ts. You can lose weight by exercising and eat junk food as long as you stay within your calorie deficit range. You don't have to follow any kind of diet plan to lose weight other than staying within your calorie deficit range.

My story? I ate some heathier foods but NEVER gave up what I truly loved which was chocolate, cookies, danishes, etc. I just didn't eat the half a bag of fun sized snickers and half a bag of fun sized milky ways at the same time. I also still eat a lot of said truly loved foods. I just exercise to earn the calories so I *can* eat what I want.

I've also lost 118 pounds this way.

So, yes OP, it's very much possible.
  • BekkiS1130
    BekkiS1130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat whatever I want, I just don't go over my calories.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

Check out this recent thread as a rebuttal to what everyone knows:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Two different questions.

It's possible to lose eating whatever you want - just not necessarily as much of it as you want anytime you want it. This holds true no matter what you do, exercise or no. Take in less energy than you use and you'll lose.

It's possible to lose weight by adding exercise and changing nothing else. But for this to happen, you have to be eating at or really close to your current maintenance already, and when you add the exercise you can't also increase eating to match the new energy expenditure (and many people do).
  • mindyhope
    mindyhope Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this one month. Since I am very overweight the calories allowed were high. I just eat whatever I want. I don't bring any foods that I have a problem eating small amounts of. The foods I've found that are incredibly filling are Amy's Cheese Enchilada's Family Size, Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan, Star Kissed Albacore or other Star Kissed Tuna in a pouch (with water), I add mayo to it, but measure the mayo and eat on bread or on Saltine Crackers. I also eat Publix Saulsalito Turkey Grab and Go Sandwich and Publix ready to cook Chicken Cordon Bleau. I have milk with my coffee, 12 oz. and two V8 's (60 calories). I have lost 23 pounds. I do strength training exercises.
  • zerojunk
    Options
    mindyhope wrote: »
    I have only been doing this one month. Since I am very overweight the calories allowed were high. I just eat whatever I want. I don't bring any foods that I have a problem eating small amounts of. The foods I've found that are incredibly filling are Amy's Cheese Enchilada's Family Size, Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan, Star Kissed Albacore or other Star Kissed Tuna in a pouch (with water), I add mayo to it, but measure the mayo and eat on bread or on Saltine Crackers. I also eat Publix Saulsalito Turkey Grab and Go Sandwich and Publix ready to cook Chicken Cordon Bleau. I have milk with my coffee, 12 oz. and two V8 's (60 calories). I have lost 23 pounds. I do strength training exercises.

Keep fighting the good fight, good work with 23lbs in a month.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is called moderation. What is also extremely helpful is learning how to engineer calories out of your favorite meals through substitutions, omissions, and changing cooking methods.
  • danacondah
    danacondah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    YES. It's called flexible dieting. And as long as you eat at a deficit, you can eat whatever you want.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I did. I just flipped back to my 2011 diary entries (when I joined MFP) and I saw entries for pizza, ice cream, jelly beans, wine, tacos, burgers, cupcakes (along with lots of entries for things like salad, grilled chicken, oatmeal, berries). I was all about CICO when I was actively losing. I also only did a small calorie cut - losing just a half pound a week with a 250 calorie deficit. It worked - and it was painless and easy! I'm on my 4th year of maintenance now.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. I just can't eat as much of it as I want.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

^^This, 100%

Seems weird.

Obviously I'm wishing for the food cravings to happen brain wave.

Okay?

I eat the foods that I crave/love basically every day. I don't eat stuff that I don't like. I fit what I want into my goals.

Though I don't always crave "junk" - this morning I was craving rotisserie chicken, so I had that for breakfast. Sometimes I crave a baked potato, or roasted Brussels sprouts, or homemade chicken salad. Sometimes I crave ice cream and Oreos. I eat what I like and take responsibility for every bite that goes into my mouth.