Share your Go-to food or technique when you want to eat the whole kitchen...:)

Options

Replies

• LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'll grab some jerky or cheese (love the Laughing Cow wedges), maybe a square of chocolate (Moonstruck dark chocolate with sea salt and hazelnut is divine).
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    low carb toast with a little reduced cal preserves
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm badly PMS-y today, so yes, the entire kitchen is danger. My go-to is lots of hot green tea (green tea is a natural appetite suppressant and the hot liquid makes you feel full) and popcorn, because it's light and crunchy and satisfies 'mouth feel'.

yea, i do this too. hot green tea + a bag (or two) of baby carrots.
    For some reason, the crunching and light sweetness of the baby carrots seems to help curb the cravings (vs. eating something sweeter). It's still a few hundred calories if I eat enough carrots, but at least that's better than a few thousand.
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    momo_t90 wrote: »
    What if you've got a serious sweet tooth? Right now I want chocolate chip cookies so bad, I could hop into my car and go to the grocery store and it's 10:40pm. It's like nothing else will do. I need chocolate!

If you have a little self control, try the assorted bag of Hershey's miniatures. That's what I do. I can get 2 and stop. That's about 80 calories.

If you think you might eat the whole bag, DONT DO IT! Lol!
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »

Great choices! I might start making chocolate almond milk chia seed pudding again...I remember it being delicious and full of protein...tastes like pudding! I have to trick myself

Curious, how much protein? Almond milk has very little and you would have to use a whole lot of chia seeds to get significant protein.[/quote]

Silk - Unsweetened Soy Milk, 1 cup 80 cals, 3 carbs, 4 fat, 7 protein, 2 fiber, 1sugar[/quote]

Use the chocolate light silk and look up chia seeds, full of protein and they gel after awhile in the fridge so it's very filling! And satisfying.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Ah, soy milk. That makes a lot more sense.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Warm liquid of some kind. Hot chocolate usually.

Ditto, though I pick tea.

If that doesn't work, then Cream of Wheat with cocoa powder and sweetener (kind of a hot chocolate porridge-y thing). Works with Oat Bran, too.

After those, I'm sunk and I'll just get what I want.
  • Buildingit3157
    edited March 2016
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Warm liquid of some kind. Hot chocolate usually.

Ditto, though I pick tea.

If that doesn't work, then Cream of Wheat with cocoa powder and sweetener (kind of a hot chocolate porridge-y thing). Works with Oat Bran, too.

After those, I'm sunk and I'll just get what I want.

Great ideas too :)
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Ah, soy milk. That makes a lot more sense.

Chocolate Almond milk...:) well whatever you want. I don't do anything soy personally.
  • keepmovin16
    keepmovin16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The absolute no calorie and actually good for me, my technique to fight those hunger bouts, just drink a couple of glasses of water.Kind of tricking your stomach that it has food or fullness, works for me.Otherwise I would eat a piece of raw vege or fruit.
  • chriskalen
    chriskalen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What if you've got a serious sweet tooth? Right now I want chocolate chip cookies so bad, I could hop into my car and go to the grocery store and it's 10:40pm. It's like nothing else will do. I need chocolate!

When I need chocolate RIGHTNOW I combine lowfat vanilla yogurt with a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup swirled in. Yum!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I just think about how I good I look now that I lost all the weight and why do I want to ruin that, especially since I have to look good for my trip to _____ in a few months. I mean X relative/friend hasn't seen me in person at all since I lost the weight and I want to show off.

That's generally enough for me to find something else to do until actual meal time arrives.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hot tea with a splash of skimmed milk usually does the trick.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I lost it the other night and ate the entire kitchen but then I got back on track right away the next morning and guess what I lost more weight the next day! just saying :) but next time when you get really hungry grab a glass of water, half of a victory cookie dough protein bar and that is only 100 calories, this always satisfies me and it is high in fiber.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I have a 5lb tub of Whey Gold Standard extreme milk chocolate protein powder. When I get the chocolate cravings I have 1 scoop (120 calories) and that seems take care of the cravings.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I find something to keep myself busy.

If I'm still hungry after an hour, I'll eat an apple and then get busy again.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    LuckyAndi wrote: »
    I'll grab some jerky or cheese (love the Laughing Cow wedges), maybe a square of chocolate (Moonstruck dark chocolate with sea salt and hazelnut is divine).

I've tried those. I couldn't get over the gelatinous consistency and the price. Real cheese is sooo much nicer.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    All Awesome ideas, thank you. Im finding ways to substitute more. I'm pretty much checking out my macros more often and making getting them where I want them each day. It's coming along. Sodium and fat are common for me to keep in check Im finding. It's going well :)
  • bethk779
    bethk779 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon gum. Or a gourmet and really good hard candy. Satisfying. I only want one or two. I would have no control if it were chocolate kisses. I would want to eat half of the bag.

Mints... Peppermint, spearmint... Helps control cravings and also works well for nausea. Drink water. Portioned out pistachios are my go to items
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My go-to lately has been big raw carrots. There's just something about grabbing a few carrots out of the fridge, washing them, and then munching on them for a while (I don't peel mine, you don't really have to). You get to take big crunchy bites because they're so large. They're also sweet for a vegetable so that helps. And they're healthy so I never feel badly eating them because the alternative would be sweets.