Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that I have a gym at my work, or getting in the workouts at the level I want to would be impossible. However, my youngest is getting skates this weekend for his birthday (yep, starting him at 2), so the teenager wants skates now too. I'll be teaching both how to skate in the cul-de-sac in front of our house. Quality time with the boys and some bonus skating...
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Burger2066 wrote: »
    Father of 2 boys here... ages 2 and 14 (yeah...toddler and a teenager...hahaha).

oooh, I know you have your hands full!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Friday. Another double day for me. Why? Because I felt good and I could! lol 4.25 mile run, then 30 minutes of muscle conditioning. :smiley: Have a great day everyone, and keep pushing hard!
  • Guns63
    Guns63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Father of three. A 17,15 and 13 year old. Feel free to add me
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a first time mom of a 6 week old :-) I have been on MFP before (started May 2015). However, it is a whole new ballgame with my little guy. Anyone feel free to add me :-)
  • bvenezia1985
    bvenezia1985 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am a mommy of a 12, 9, 8 and 8 month old :) its certainly a challenge sometimes! Feel free to add me!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Happy Friday. Sorry I haven't been posting as much. I have been quite busy. What do you have planned for the weekend?

ni4sy13oih7m.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning. How was you weekend? Anything fun and exciting? My daughter had another gymnastics meet yesterday. Not great, but not a disaster either. She was still able to bring home 2nd place for the vault, and 4th place on uneven bars. :) I hope you all have a fantastic week!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Haevyre wrote: »
    Two boys (3 and 6) here. I don't think anyone without kids can really understand the time commitment and challenges associated with parenting.

Finding time and energy to workout is tricky, but we manage. It's the preparation of healthy meals that often proves our undoing. Let's face it, when cooking for two picky eaters with different nutritional needs from yourself, it's easy to fall back on whatever's easy and available...

I know what you mean. I often times cook foods that only I like to eat, and have to cook something else for the rest of the family.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I'm lucky that I have a gym at my work, or getting in the workouts at the level I want to would be impossible. However, my youngest is getting skates this weekend for his birthday (yep, starting him at 2), so the teenager wants skates now too. I'll be teaching both how to skate in the cul-de-sac in front of our house. Quality time with the boys and some bonus skating...

That's awesome. I have never been able to skate well.
  • HisRedAngel
    HisRedAngel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I love helping people especially on this forum!
    Such lovely honest people here :)
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

That's awesome. I have never been able to skate well.

It is so much fun, skating with them. The 2 year old loves it, even though he hasn't quite figured it out yet. The teenager is catching on quick and asks me every day to skate. One of those proud dad moments for sure. haha. I've been skating since I was little and played hockey forever, so I can skate about as well as I can walk (that is either good or bad).

• BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom, my son is 3 weeks old and I need to shed my baby weight plus a few more. Add me. Looking for friends who post and comment.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a mom to two boys 12 and 9, both with special needs.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mom of three 6, 8 and 11 plus dogs :) We stay busy with sports, work and afterschool activities. I've been giving myself an hour a day to work on myself. This includes warm up, work out and cool down after. Looking for friends for motivation and support. Feel free to add me.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I went the my chiropractor this morning, so I feel much better. Still going to give my self another day to just relax a little. I have a race this weekend, so I want to 100% for that.

On a side note, here is a little tid bit I shared with one of my accountability groups this morning.

One of the hardest obstacles to overcome, in my opinion, is eating right and preparing your meals ahead of time. It takes some planning, but once you have it done, the rest of the week is a lot easier. The other thing is the types of food you eat. So here is your simple tip for today.

Eat less CRAP:
    C - carbonated drinks
    R - refined sugar
    A - artificial sweeteners or colors
    P - processed foods

Eat more FOOD:
    F - fruits and veggies
    O - organic lean proteins
    O - omega-3 fatty acids
    D - drink water
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    0utrun wrote: »
    Mom of three 6, 8 and 11 plus dogs :) We stay busy with sports, work and afterschool activities. I've been giving myself an hour a day to work on myself. This includes warm up, work out and cool down after. Looking for friends for motivation and support. Feel free to add me.

Welcome to the club. Are kids are almost the same age. I have a couple of dogs too. A wrat/shepherd mix and a boxer/lab mix.
  • duckylucky2016
    duckylucky2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm "new"; I began MFP last year and funny story, the app started talking back so I deleted it. I didn't get very involved beyond just counting calories. Hopefully this time I will dive in a little deeper!!
    Single working mamma of twin toddlers!
  • kris10cass
    kris10cass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mom of an almost 2 year old!! Finally became serious about weight loss in January! It helps now that she sleeps through the night! ;)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to put together a test group for a new program that just came out that is a militaristic PT style type of fitness training. I'm hoping to kick this off around the 28th of the month. I know I have a few veteran friends in here or others that might be up to the challenge. If you are interested, let me know and we can discuss the details further.

Here is a preview of it you can check out. http://on.fb.me/1TVHYwt.
This discussion has been closed.