Share your Go-to food or technique when you want to eat the whole kitchen...:)

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    It at home, brush teeth and use mouthwash. Or if I am at home or out and about cinnamon candy or wintergreen mint.

Something about tingly fresh clean mouth. Also, a huge chug a water and I mean 8 ounces at once.
  • Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    Drink water
    Keep high-fiber and high-protein snacks on hand (pre-package them! Snack sized baggies are your friend!)
    Agree to make yourself wait 20 minutes after having a snack or a glass of water (preferably both!)
    Do something engaging in those twenty minutes that doesn't revolve around food
    If you still have a craving, go for a reasonable amount of it!

If you're hungry and not dehydrated or bored or emotionally eating, then your body needs food! Nourish it! Going a little over on calories once or event twice a week is okay as long as it balances out through the week. ;)
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Samrny wrote: »
    Drink water
    Keep high-fiber and high-protein snacks on hand (pre-package them! Snack sized baggies are your friend!)
    Agree to make yourself wait 20 minutes after having a snack or a glass of water (preferably both!)
    Do something engaging in those twenty minutes that doesn't revolve around food
    If you still have a craving, go for a reasonable amount of it!

If you're hungry and not dehydrated or bored or emotionally eating, then your body needs food! Nourish it! Going a little over on calories once or event twice a week is okay as long as it balances out through the week. ;)

I agree! Thank you!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    If I am craving chips, my go-to is air popped popcorn with either a little olive oil and garlic salt, or regular salt and good quality regular butter. If I am craving sweets, I will either eat a handful of grapes or berries.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    An apple is my go to hungry food
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    I brought some mini gobstoppers lol. I know it sounds silly but they last for ages so take my mind off going to eat something else. I limit myself to one per night, usually in the evening around 9 when I get the munchies :smile:
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    These are all great ideas!!! Thanks so much for posting this. :)
  • aishlingkelter
    aishlingkelter Posts: 4 Member
    Natural peanut butter on rice cakes :) kills my sugar cravings
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Jello. There is usually jello in my log. This is because it works for my stress-related fake "hunger."

I also like the sugar-free apple cider (15 calories a pouch). Yummy. I'm not the hugest fan of chocolate but I can easily see cocoa working.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Drink more water, simple as that for me! Good luck!
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Protein fluff.

I mix a scoop of chocolate casein protein powder with 3/4 c. of unsweetened almond milk. I beat it on high for about 10 minutes, then pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It makes a big bowl of cool creamy chocolatey fluff. It is a lot to eat and keeps me full for a few hours.
  • Depends, sometimes I'll reach for tea, sugar free pop or a lower calorie hot chocolate (whittards if I have calories spare!). For mindless snacking veggies sticks... mostly celery, cucumber or tomatoes. Pickled onions or lower calorie fruit such as grapefruit or melon sometimes. Grapefruit and pickled onions are good tastebuds ticklers. A hard boiled egg or some meat slices for a more filling snack. If I want sweets, I like Aldi's sugar free strawberry and cream sweets, or sugar free werthers. I'm still learning to work around my triggers and within my calories, but so far so good.
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Great ideas, thanks a bunch :)
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Thanks everyone! You gave e so many options to try!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Savoury: 2 hard boiled eggs and a big glass of water.
    Sweet: Protein fluff, protein pudding, protein cheesecake.
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Protein fluff.

I mix a scoop of chocolate casein protein powder with 3/4 c. of unsweetened almond milk. I beat it on high for about 10 minutes, then pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes.

It makes a big bowl of cool creamy chocolatey fluff. It is a lot to eat and keeps me full for a few hours.

I love protein fluff!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Tea or coffee.
  • Anabbee
    Anabbee Posts: 25 Member
    Just a warning re chia seeds, they are 70 cals for a tbs, so a 'few' tablespoons would quickly add up :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    A few ounces of macadamia, almonds or cashew nuts will hold me for several hours and fit my macro well.
  • DeadLift5
    DeadLift5 Posts: 16 Member
    Apple slices with a tbsp of natty peanut butter and alot of water is effective for me. And I can turn into quite the cookie monster....and by cookie I actually mean all food within the universe.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    I keep a tub of roasted red peppers (or orange or yellow) in the fridge for times when I get a craving. I roast them inthe oven on Sunday with a little olive oil drizzled on top and I'm set for the week- great in omlettes too.

Another craving killer- a bit of fresh mozzarella and basil atop a Triscuit- sometimes with a thin tomato slice- drizzle a balsamic glaze on top and devour. It's not that low cal but it beats pizza or chips.

Love peoples ideas!