Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Lost cause :s

Who is
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    XcelenaX wrote: »
    I actually have done this "diet". I heard about it then watched a lot of videos and read a couple things on it and decided, no way can you lose 10 lbs in 3 days and I love experiments and again, its only 3 days it won't kill me. No magic pills or detox shakes, so I was in.

I lost 6.4 lbs but I was pretty hungry a lot of times between lunch and dinner and when I tried to do it a second time, two weeks later, just to see if results would vary depending on substitutions it allows and gave up on day 2 because I kept getting dizzy and nauseous. I wrote a blog post on my first experience. Will link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iecreamheadaches/view/my-three-day-military-diet-experience-803332

ETA** this "diet" did kind of help me with understanding portions a little better. I also did keep off those 6.4 lbs

Thank you for letting me know that it works

I'm letting you know it works, but its not something I'd recommend. I did this as an experiment, and I took it as a learning experience about portions and I learned a bit about my own personal hunger cues. If you want to try it for THOSE reasons then be my guest, but make sure you up what you're eating. I found its calorie counts vs the actual calorie counts of what I was eating were off by almost 200 calories a day or more. Like I said the second time around I had some pretty nasty side effects and I kept those 6.4 lbs off by continuing to make better choices and continuing to track calories. I'm sure if I would have just done this diet and then sat on my *kitten* or went back to my normal eating habits I would not have kept it off. Those 6.4 lbs were a nice little kick off but lets be real it takes work for this.
  • XcelenaX
    XcelenaX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually have done this "diet". I heard about it then watched a lot of videos and read a couple things on it and decided, no way can you lose 10 lbs in 3 days and I love experiments and again, its only 3 days it won't kill me. No magic pills or detox shakes, so I was in.

I lost 6.4 lbs but I was pretty hungry a lot of times between lunch and dinner and when I tried to do it a second time, two weeks later, just to see if results would vary depending on substitutions it allows and gave up on day 2 because I kept getting dizzy and nauseous. I wrote a blog post on my first experience. Will link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iecreamheadaches/view/my-three-day-military-diet-experience-803332

ETA** this "diet" did kind of help me with understanding portions a little better. I also did keep off those 6.4 lbs

I'm letting you know it works, but its not something I'd recommend. I did this as an experiment, and I took it as a learning experience about portions and I learned a bit about my own personal hunger cues. If you want to try it for THOSE reasons then be my guest, but make sure you up what you're eating. I found its calorie counts vs the actual calorie counts of what I was eating were off by almost 200 calories a day or more. Like I said the second time around I had some pretty nasty side effects and I kept those 6.4 lbs off by continuing to make better choices and continuing to track calories. I'm sure if I would have just done this diet and then sat on my *kitten* or went back to my normal eating habits I would not have kept it off. Those 6.4 lbs were a nice little kick off but lets be real it takes work for this.

Yeah true, im done with fad diets

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

But, that's what this is..

Forget anything with "diet" in it.

People on here WILL help you, as long as you also put in the work, figure out a good plan for you. This will include taking a good look at what you eat EVERYDAY. Weighing EVERYTHING and if you can, move. You don't have to join a gym, but adding it workouts and exercise will help to create a deficit. It is really just that easy.

Figure out what you need to do to create a reasonable deficit that you can sustain for the long run to help you get to a reasonable weight goal.

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »

But, that's what this is..

Forget anything with "diet" in it.

People on here WILL help you, as long as you also put in the work, figure out a good plan for you. This will include taking a good look at what you eat EVERYDAY. Weighing EVERYTHING and if you can, move. You don't have to join a gym, but adding it workouts and exercise will help to create a deficit. It is really just that easy.

Figure out what you need to do to create a reasonable deficit that you can sustain for the long run to help you get to a reasonable weight goal.

I think they may have meant they arent gonna try this or any more fad diets.

Well I certainly hope so anyway.

Establish a network of friends here. Even if they aren't super close friends I find that it helps greatly to see others doing so well and cheering you on. Eat real foods, just watch your portions.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Why are you chasing fad diets that don't work?
    Yeah, they don't work.
    How do I know?
    I've done this diet.

You need to ask yourself what happens after this awful diet.

Hint: you'll regain the weight even if you 'eat healthy' or count calories.

Did you know this diet has many names which scream FAD DIET.

Did you know this diet is not nutritionally balanced?

Did you know that you'll be ridiculously hangry (angry and hungry) on this 'diet'?

Please forget about these awful diets with a million rules. Set up myfitnesspal and follow it. How do you think those who have lost way over 100lbs lost weight? Not by doing those stupid fad diets. They followed myfitnesspal and ate back a portion of their exercise calories.

By the way, the in the Military they don't eat this crappy diet. They EAT. This diet is not endorsed by the military.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.