Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
Hi.
Has anyone done Jillian Michaels 30day shred? Did you lose? Thanks

Replies

• bdorri00
    bdorri00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago when I was at a weight loss plateau. I think I lost about 5-10 lbs but I went down a size in jeans so it definitely toned.
  • raulin1013
    raulin1013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself! Measure!! I do the 30Day Shred off and on all the time. When I'm doing it, I can SEE the difference, however the scale never moves (in the direction I want it to) only cause I'm building muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so weighing yourself will only discourage you! I just need to figure out how many calories are burned while doing it :|
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    raulin1013 wrote: »
    Don't weigh yourself! Measure!! I do the 30Day Shred off and on all the time. When I'm doing it, I can SEE the difference, however the scale never moves (in the direction I want it to) only cause I'm building muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so weighing yourself will only discourage you! I just need to figure out how many calories are burned while doing it :|

If you are eating at a deficit it's highly unlikely you are adding any muscle. Strength training is important while losing weight so you can hang onto existing lean muscle. 30DS has quite a bit of cardio, so it's not as effective (for "muscle building") as progressive lifting.

Sore muscles can retain water, that could be why the scale doesn't move.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117-30-day-shred
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    raulin1013 wrote: »

I also never see the scale go down but I lose inches like crazy. I keep this in my rotation simply for the toning aspects, not weight loss.
  • ehobby0816
    ehobby0816 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kersercar wrote: »
    Hi.

I've done it a lot! I've always had good results and am starting it back this week to get back in to shape. I noticed changes before the scale moved but also lost 15lbs in 6 weeks by working out and eating right with the 30 day shred.

• BlJohnston77
    BlJohnston77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    kersercar wrote: »
    Hi.

• BlJohnston77
    BlJohnston77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have ripped in 30 but would like the 30 day shred are you doing it and would you like some long distance partner lol
  • ehobby0816
    ehobby0816 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have ripped in 30 but would like the 30 day shred are you doing it and would you like some long distance partner lol
    Ripped in 30 kicked my butt! Lol. When are you starting 30DS
  • terriemeans
    terriemeans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred and I love it but I only do it every other day since it wasn't meant to be done everyday according to Jillian Michaels. As we all know, working the same muscle groups each day is ineffective and sets you up for injury. I wonder if anyone had good results doing it every other day?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I have done it several times, as others have said, its more about inch loss and it does give great results (if you can put up with listening to her every single day...)
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am re doing this one. Started today. Plus other exercise but when I first tried it I lost 4lbs in a week and a half
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I completed it last year and it took about 50 days with days off and life involved. I dropped roughly 12 lbs and more inches that I could count.

I'm currently doing it again and am halfway through level 2. I lost 7 lbs in the first two weeks. I'm trying as best I can do it everyday, if I skip a day I'm playing ball or cycling/running.

I really enjoy the intensity and how quickly my body starts changing. I use flexible dieting (IIFYM) along with the workouts. For me, I only log that it burns 140 calories.

Will move onto t25 after level 3. Saw great results with alpha and beta last year as well.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I cant wait. seen so many pictures with results. does anyone follow meal plan too or are they just careful of what they eat?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I cant wait. seen so many pictures with results. does anyone follow meal plan too or are they just careful of what they eat?

It doesn't burn all that many calories. Your weight loss will come eating less. You can do your own meals (no problem) just be aware of portion sizes.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

It doesn't burn all that many calories. Your weight loss will come eating less. You can do your own meals (no problem) just be aware of portion sizes.

Yeah I know it will come mainly from eating as I have lost 3 stone before this but without exercise I wouldn't be losing weight because I enjoy my food so my deficit comes from my exercise due to calories burned mainly. regardless of what it burns its better than if I was sat on the sofa watching TV - this is how I see it. :)

• DeanneScott2
    DeanneScott2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred and I love it but I only do it every other day since it wasn't meant to be done everyday according to Jillian Michaels. As we all know, working the same muscle groups each day is ineffective and sets you up for injury. I wonder if anyone had good results doing it every other day?

I did it every day for 30 days straight and had no injuries. I haven't seen anywhere where she said that it shouldn't be done every day? Did you have a link where she says every second day? I have now started the six week six pack, which she recommends to do 5 days a week.

I have seen where she said to rest one day a week. I figured that seeing as though it is recommended that adults do at least 30 minutes exercise each day, I would assume rest days aren't really necessary.
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i have most of her dvd's. as far as i have ever seen it is 6 days on and one rest day per week. I have never seen her say to miss a day. If so, how would it be ripped in 30 etc it would be ripped in 60 as you are doing it every other day and the programme is level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days etc
  • AiLingNeo
    AiLingNeo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hv almost all JM dvds & 30D shred was my 1st JM dvd & still my favourite after 6 years working on it. It gives a great all-round workout in the shortest time (27min including warm up & cool down) & pushes you harder vs Rip in 30 which is also using the 3-2-1 concept.

The only caveat is that 1 workout alone doesn't help loose weight. It tones but need to count calories & add in other exercise for serious weight lost ..i recommend doing Level 2 & 3 back-2-back (once you've build up sufficient strength)

all the best
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    O_o I'm starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred along with diet 1200 calories. Anyone interested in adding me let me know. After 30 days if I enjoy it will do level 2 & 3 together. Ideally I'd like to make a team of people doing this workout specifically.
  • Marshachia
    Marshachia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    30 days slimming programme is good. It's a combination of 30 day shred L1&2, no more trouble zone and banish fat boost metabolism.