Someone is stealing my lunch at work.

Options

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    misty589 wrote: »
    This happened to me when I was very pregnant. And it was just a pb&j....who steals a pregnant lady's pb sandwich??

That's just wrong!
  • Mikel432
    Mikel432 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Who the hell would leave the Sun Chips?!?! You are dealing with one sick son of a !@#$%
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Mikel432 wrote: »
    Who the hell would leave the Sun Chips?!?! You are dealing with one sick son of a !@#$%

So true.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    they sell plastic sandwich bags that are decorated with "mold" so it looks like your sandwich has gone moldy... ultimate insurance.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    they sell plastic sandwich bags that are decorated with "mold" so it looks like your sandwich has gone moldy... ultimate insurance.

Where has the sacred fridge trust gone?! Shakes head, walks away sad.

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Make two and ask them to kindly leave one behind for you? It's amazing how often this happens. I knew a lady who would tape angry letters to the fridge; the sandwiches continued to be taken. The theif either had no shame or had a fierce hunger that surpassed shame.

1) Food theft still happens in areas where everyone sharing the fridge are making a decent amount of money, I think there are some psychological issues going on with the person stealing, ie, maybe the thrill of it or intentionally trying to inflict some sort of annoyance on the person being stolen from.

2) I work at home several days a week, and things like this make me so appreciative of how great this is!
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would never do that. What if the person making the sandwich didn't wash their hands or picked there nose?

zbakrjc
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    misty589 wrote: »
    This happened to me when I was very pregnant. And it was just a pb&j....who steals a pregnant lady's pb sandwich??

I never had my food stolen UNTIL I was pregnant!! What the?! Seriously...people are jerks!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Had a similar problem. Someone was taking my lunch. At the time I was lifting lot and eating mostly Tuna Salad at Lunch. Just Tuna. little mayo, mustard, celery and carrot.

Got tired of it, so I made my Tuna salad one day and substituted habanero for carrot. Took a couple days, but it turned up missing one day. Guy had the nerve to complain to someone. Word eventually got back to me.
    I didn't actually confront him, but I did ask him how his lunch was.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I... 1) have my own small fridge in my office; 2) go home for lunch every day.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    HollyMGT wrote: »
    I'm glad that I... 1) have my own small fridge in my office; 2) go home for lunch every day.

Me too. Been several years since I had someone get in my stuff. Now I have my own office. With my own fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I mistook my frozen microwave meal from someone else's and cooked and ate it. But that's not even close to stealing a sammich! I didn't realize what I had done until the person said something...then I was like, ahh *kitten*! I offered to pay for it or trade for my frozen meal...and felt pretty bad.

Well, I mean, it was a frozen dinner...so I didn't feel *that* bad! I felt more stupid than anything.
  • Texas2Fit
    Texas2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to work at home, would prep my lunch in the AM when I made breakfast, and my lunch kept going missing from the fridge. Finally figured out my spouse would take it to work with her. Ended up fixing two lunches from then on......
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    That's terrible. Leave a note in your lunch for the culprit!!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    zbakrjc wrote: »
    I would never do that. What if the person making the sandwich didn't wash their hands or picked there nose?

zbakrjc

Stop being reasonable, it only makes you even hotter.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What are taking to lunch that is so delicious?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Make a catfood sandwich and lay it as bait

THIS
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Actually, I've not had my lunch stolen, but a few weeks back I took my empty lunch container to the kitchen, washed and dried it, left it on the counter while I popped to the bathroom, was back no more than 2 minutes later, and someone had stolen my lunchbox. WTF?