• CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    jo73oajkspc4.jpg

EW! Haha! Can we just eat jell-o instead? :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lost 80 pounds at 34, and I have a bunch of loose skin. Upper arms, inside my thighs, and the worst is my belly (I have some over my belly button too). Been this weight for 2 years and it hasn't gone anywhere.

Of course it bothers me, but it's better than the alternative.
  • Beehappybaby
    Beehappybaby Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost about 56 lbs last year really quickly in the space of about 6 weeks (due to ill health) and I got really bad loose skin around my belly, legs arms and boobs!!! absolutely hated it! made me feel more unattractive then my size ever did! although in clothes I looked good! I knew it was a different story once they were off! it made me feel 59 not 39! i've put some of that weight back on gradually and the loose skin is gone! now i plan to loose it gradually and tone as I do! Hopefully it should stop me getting loose skin! a friend of mine had a gastric bypass as a drastic weight loss step, she lost 9 stone (126 lb) in under a year. and she has since had to have a full body lift to rid her of the loose skin! She had a really hard time healing after that, and had to have 3 additional ops due to infections. I think they key is slow and steady and exercise as you go! Everyone's skin is different though! But keep going, you're doing great!! :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    I lost about 56 lbs last year really quickly in the space of about 6 weeks (due to ill health) and I got really bad loose skin around my belly, legs arms and boobs!!! absolutely hated it! made me feel more unattractive then my size ever did! although in clothes I looked good! I knew it was a different story once they were off! it made me feel 59 not 39! i've put some of that weight back on gradually and the loose skin is gone! now i plan to loose it gradually and tone as I do! Hopefully it should stop me getting loose skin! a friend of mine had a gastric bypass as a drastic weight loss step, she lost 9 stone (126 lb) in under a year. and she has since had to have a full body lift to rid her of the loose skin! She had a really hard time healing after that, and had to have 3 additional ops due to infections. I think they key is slow and steady and exercise as you go! Everyone's skin is different though! But keep going, you're doing great!! :)

Losing weight slowly is not going to make any difference, sorry to burst your bubble. But good luck.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 125 and saggy in places. Arms and upper thighs mostly, though my stomach does an interesting thing when I'm on my side... It's honestly genetics yay or nay on your side here. It's not that bad though. I think people get in such a big tizzy over loose skin. What do you expect? It was stretched. Now it's all "Welp, here I am, hanging on." Good luck!
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started my journey 16 years ago at 335+ lbs and got down to 163lbs and had a lot of loose skin. Ultimately, I had it removed and it was 5 lbs of excess skin. I got pregnant and gained weight and now there is some loose skin, but not like it was.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Lost 72 lbs at my lowest, age 26-27 (I've gained back about 15.. working on it). I lost slowly and lifted on and off throughout. I don't have puckering skin anywhere, but when some areas compress I can see fine lines of very surface wrinkles, like on the insides of my elbows and the top of my boobs. Basically any body crease, when I crease it, has ever so slightly extra skin. Over time I've noticed less, actually. I think it's getting better. Except the boobs. I only notice when I lean over and they're not pushed up, but going from a D cup to a B cup was bound to leave me with a little extra skin. In a good bra you can't tell, even on the tops.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I lost about 56 lbs last year really quickly in the space of about 6 weeks (due to ill health) and I got really bad loose skin around my belly, legs arms and boobs!!! absolutely hated it! made me feel more unattractive then my size ever did! although in clothes I looked good! I knew it nce they were off! it made me feel 59 not 39! i've put some of that weight back on gradually and the loose skin is gone! now i plan to loose itully it should stop me getting loose skin! a friend of mine had a gastric bypass as a drastic weight

Losing weight slowly is not going to make any difference, sorry to burst your bubble. But good luck.

how do you know that?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Because it takes 2 years for the skin to adjust (although it's been that for me and I'm still waiting). So unless you lose your weight in 10 years or something... it won't have time to adjust to your new weight as you lose.