Kids say the funniest things...

Options

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Told my 4 year old to pick up his toys - there were several lying around the floor and there wasn't any way he was getting them in two hands all at once... so he looked at me and said "Mama, I'm not an octopus!"
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've heard this story a million times; my family must think it's just that funny.

When I was younger (maybe 3 or 4), I was sitting on my Nana's lap and she was telling me a story. I put my hand up to stop her and said, "Nana, your breath smells". She responded with, "oh yeah, what does it smell like?" I said, "a lot of things, but mostly garbage and poop".

I am 23 now and I will never live it down!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    My son took his shoes while we were playing outside. I told him to put them back on and he said no momma I just wanna use my feet.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I've heard this story a million times; my family must think it's just that funny.

When I was younger (maybe 3 or 4), I was sitting on my Nana's lap and she was telling me a story. I put my hand up to stop her and said, "Nana, your breath smells". She responded with, "oh yeah, what does it smell like?" I said, "a lot of things, but mostly garbage and poop".

That had me in tears! So funny! Your family is right!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    My twins to each other one morning:

Knock knock?
    Who's there?
    Dragon - rrrraaawwwwwwrr

Both falling down laughing only to do it again with the other twin starting first. This went on for at least a half an hour, same joke, same hysterical laughter.

LOL Knock knock jokes go similarly around here. In the car the other day my 4 year-old was making a list of the friends he wanted to invite to his birthday party (in October). I asked him if he was going to invite Jillian. "No, just boys.Jillian doesn't have a penis so she can't come." My two year-old started chiming, "No penis, no party. No penis, no party."
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    My son was almost 3 and he came in the bathroom as i was getting out of the shower. He had never said anything about our bodies being different or even seemed to take notice, but for some reason that day, he "noticed" me. He looked up at me nearly in tears and said with great concern..."Oh, Mama, You're broken!!!" Took everything I had not to fall over laughing. I covered up and tried to explain things in an age appropriate manner and after that tried to keep him out of the bathroom.......:blushing:

OMG I had totally forgotten about this story until I read yours. I was changing clothes when my son was about 2 and he pointed at me and said "mommy has an owie, you need a band-aid". My husband and I about fell on the floor laughing!
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Bump, I need a laugh.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    a few years back i took my niece out to a movie we saw 28 days later my niece was probably around 7 years old. befor you say she is way to young to watch those movies i had her parents permission. My sister actually really loves scary movies and lets her daughters watch them too... she always explains to them that they are just movie and they are fake. My nieces love them and get a kick out of being scared.

so anyways we are sitting in the movie theater and there is a couple behind us talking about us saying things about us and how irresponsible we are to bring a small child to a movie like this. of course we could over hear them.

so my niece gets up stands on the chair looks back at the couple and says ' its only a movie its all fake its not real blood its ketchup don't be scared, i am not!"
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    :laugh:
    My 5 year old is quite a little comedian but this is one of my favorites!

A few years ago my son and I were at a stop light and someone honked at another car. He said "did you hear that mom? Someone just honked at that dumba**!" I about died!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: i think i have passed my road rage onto my son:huh:
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Appetitie supressant:
    We were sitting down to eat dinner, which happened to include cod fillets. I was saying to my barely-talking, sign language-learning 18 month old, "We're eating fish." She proceeded to do the 'sign' opening and closing her mouth like a fish, which she does when she wants to watch our goldfish. The mental picture of us sitting down to dinner of goldfish was enough to curdle my stomach!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    My husband is in a band. All of the band member's kids love to get up and sing with them during practice. My son, who was about 3.5 or 4 at the time LOVES rock music. When the band started playing Knocking on Heaven's door, he jumped up, grabbed the mic and sang "Stop, stop, knockin on Kevin's door."

Thank GOd I have it on video :)

My family loves this one:

I was a little girl when Strawberry Shortcake was big. i had gotten a Strawberry Shortcake doll that "blew" strawberry scented kisses when you squeezed her. I was sitting on the potty with my baby doll using the restroom when my grandma came in to check on me. Playing around with me she said "Shew wee, it stinks in here." I said, "I know Granny, it smells like Strawberries and a**wholes!!"
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    my daughter and i were watching Survivor. At the end Jeff Probst said, "Go back to camp where flint will be waiting for you." my daugher looks at me and says, "Who's Flint??"

:D
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My son had a speech delay and when he was about 20 months old the only word he could say was "Dada and Diarrhea" How the hell can this kid say Diarrhea and Dada but no other words LMAO!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    my daughter and i were watching Survivor. At the end Jeff Probst said, "Go back to camp where flint will be waiting for you." my daugher looks at me and says, "Who's Flint??"

:D

LOLOLOL...This reminds me of two things:

A) Me: Jas...for the love of Pete...Calm down!
    Jas: Eww....Who's Pete..I dont love him...:noway:

And most recently...
    Me: Well Jas you finished your very first year of school..I am so proud of you, girlfriend!!
    Jas: *quizzical look* Umm..I'm not your girlfriend..Don't you have a HUSBAND? you know..MY DAD?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Baha. My mom will always tell these two stories.

First: I was three-ish trying to learn how to read. She was trying to explain to me how to make the "e" sound on words. I stood up, looked at her and said "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" like an old man with diahrrea. [:

Second: We were sitting at home watching a Rolling Stones concert when my mom said how much she loooooved Mick Jagger. I looked at her very quizzically and asked (seriously): "Mommy, what's McJagger's first name?!" She loves that one. I was about 6/7 during that.

The one my dad always tells people. I was two, and he turned off my FAVORITE song (something by Nirvana) to turn on a record that he wanted to hear instead. I got super mad at him and threw a toy at his record player (broke it). Another time he turned off my favorite movie (the Crow) to put in something else. Well, later that night I shoved a block in the VHS player. :D

I was a destructive kid when my dad messed with my media.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    At my daughter's (she's 6) first ever soccer game, I was surprised at how her big brother (he's 10) was being so supportive of her, he was telling me how good she was doing, giving her directions and thumbs up while she was on the field. It was so nice to see him encouraging her and watching him smile as he watched her. But as big brothers are, when she got off the field at the end of the game the first thing he says to her was.....YOU SUCK!

My daughter was having a meltdown, here is her list of things that were wrong.
    1 she had no lunch money - she did she just forgot where she put it.
    2 she didnt get to go to a friends house -her brother did..
    3 her teacher didnt give her the book she wanted to read to me and
    4 shes never had an xray
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Here is my conversation with my 5 year old on Sunday, Fathers Day.

Ethan "Mom we forgot to give dad his armpit."
    Me "His armpit? What are you talking about?"
    Ethan "That's how you say present in Spanish."
    Mom "No its not."
    Ethan "Japanese?"

Oy!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Here is my conversation with my 5 year old on Sunday, Fathers Day.

Ethan "Mom we forgot to give dad his armpit."
    Me "His armpit? What are you talking about?"
    Ethan "That's how you say present in Spanish."
    Mom "No its not."
    Ethan "Japanese?"

Oy!

Haha, that is so cute!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options

This is FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing and I can see why you will never live it down, it's too precious not to remember.