What are some fun and "easy" hobbies to start?

Options
Francine_rivas
Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
I need to become more occupied and also want be more interesting!

Replies

• Dekayla13
    Dekayla13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pick up a how to crochet book from Walmart! It's like $10. There are also tons of youtube videos if you get some hooks and yarn! I love making amigurumis for my nieces and nephews :)
  • Dekayla13
    Dekayla13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    qmzba3nmlefb.jpg
    I made this little girl and her kitty for my friend's daughter!
  • Sadlyinwar
    Sadlyinwar Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    @GorgeousNightmare01 That's super cute! I am not very talented when it comes to crochet or knitting, seems awfully complicated to me.

I'll have to think really hard about some fun and interesting hobbies...I don't think I've got any of those. Not much time.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Pick up a how to crochet book from Walmart! It's like $10. There are also tons of youtube videos if you get some hooks and yarn! I love making amigurumis for my nieces and nephews :)

The Crochet Crowd on YouTube is where I learned how to crochet. I usually stick with simple things but it's fun.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I garden. When I didn't have a big backyard I used containers. I gave a bunch to people from freecycle. Need to list some more.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Colouring
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    go do stuff you like doing.
  • EricTheAngler
    EricTheAngler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fishing!
  • Francine_rivas
    Options
    qmzba3nmlefb.jpg
    I made this little girl and her kitty for my friend's daughter!
    That's so cute. I picked up a how to knot book and knitting kit. I heard knitting is easier. Im going to try to knit my friends some coasters (:
  • Francine_rivas
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Healthy cooking ..... It can be fun trying new recipes and foods you might not have tried before

What's a good cook book?
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Board games. Pretty easy if you like them. Find groups on meetup.

I like the idea of needle crafts, but I'm too distractible...always lose count somewhere and then you have to rip it all out and start back before the error.

Container gardens are fun, plants can be at the level of your choice and weeding isn't too much of a thing.

I'm eyeing up the local rowing club.

And, if (when?) I were fit with good insurance...roller derby! :)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Healthy cooking ..... It can be fun trying new recipes and foods you might not have tried before

What's a good cook book?

Cook's Illustrated. Excellent recipes + sound advice on why the recipe works. I take their quarterly magazine (no ads) and their latest cookbook is at Costco for about $25 bucks.
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    Toastmasters is a great way to put yourself out there and be more interesting, too.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Learn a foreign language with the goal of going on vacation there in a year. For example, begin learning Italian for a trip to Italy, French, etc.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Sewing. If your got a machine you can alter clothes just for you so easily
  • Francine_rivas
    Options
    Toastmasters is a great way to put yourself out there and be more interesting, too.

Yeah I've thought of going to a toastmasters but I'm scared to go alone lol
  • Francine_rivas
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Board games. Pretty easy if you like them. Find groups on meetup.

I like the idea of needle crafts, but I'm too distractible...always lose count somewhere and then you have to rip it all out and start back before the error.

Container gardens are fun, plants can be at the level of your choice and weeding isn't too much of a thing.

I'm eyeing up the local rowing club.

And, if (when?) I were fit with good insurance...roller derby! :)
    Ima look into roller derby clubs lol I've never thought of that! It seems fun... Thanks!
  • allaboutthecake
    Options

Yeah I've thought of going to a toastmasters but I'm scared to go alone lol

they are pretty easy-going on the newbies. Pick a subject you are 100% confident in, that boosts your confidence, too. I knew a gal who was a professional at her job, but she picked baking a cherry pie as her very first presentation.