Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

1343536373840»

Replies

• ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    This thing I got was cheap- lol $19 on clearance- don't think you will get off that easy lol
  • shamrock1959
    shamrock1959 Posts: 2 Member
    My name is Maryann from Illinois. I'm new to this group. I have recommitting to MFP and to the support of others on the same journey. I have a lot of weight to loss and need to stop isolating and eating to fill the hole in my soul. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    I have 100+ to lose . I have made it to a 42 pound loss and fell. Thus loosing my motivation along with ability two exersize . long story short I gained it all back and then some . I am relearning everything again . 20 days into this renewed journey . need a place to share my ups and downs .
  • e911dispatch
    e911dispatch Posts: 20 Member
    Hi I'm 44 , T2 diabetic an in need of loosing 100lbs. Would love to be added for some help staying positive an advice.

Thanks
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Welcome!!! This is the best group, come n chat often. Gayle Minneapolis
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    The very first thing I did was cut out soda!! It's been 20 days! Went buy quickly. 2nd thing was limited amouts of chocolate . I know if I cut it out completely I will end up binging . so I limit myself to a mini candy 2 times a week. I am trying to add moving more and have got myself to two quarts of water a day working on 3. Replacing a bad habit with a good one and working on mastering it before I change something else . staying in my calories .. It's hard but I am worth it .
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Hi all new people!!! I have been on here almost a year! I have lost 82lbs and guessing around 70-75 inches and did that by cutting out all sugar, pasta, bread, basically all the bad carbs. It is not for everyone! I drink at least 12 glasses of water a day, and get in at least 10,000 steps a day. When it gets warm, I will swim and run in my pool, and I love to dance!!! It burns tons of calories!!! I work full time now, so I don't get to check in quiet so often, but I am still hanging in there, so friend me if you want!!! :) Oh and good luck to you all!!!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    This thing I got was cheap- lol $19 on clearance- don't think you will get off that easy lol

Yeah I think the machine he is wanting is like $1000-$1500!!!!! MEN!!!!!!
  • Mandylou2014
    Mandylou2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello my name is Mandy, I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated. I've lost 30lbs and gained some back. I have 100 + to lose to get to my goal. This looks like a great thread with a lot of encouraging people.
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome new folks!
  • jessicaallen1996
    jessicaallen1996 Posts: 50 Member
    Hello I'm Jessica! I am 20 years old, and I'm a full time student as well as I work as a nursing assistant in a Neuro ICU. I am on my way to losing 130 pounds, and become the person I've always invisioned myself to be. I am currently 6.5 pounds down from where I started. I am trying to lose weight slowly but surely! It's difficult but it's working for me! I eat what I want in moderation, but I don't splurge all the time. I find that this is the best way to combat my food addiction. It satisfies my cravings , and it creates a good mind set surrounding food.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    I need to lose 80
  • alisonfay1982
    alisonfay1982 Posts: 1 Member
    I have about 150 lbs to lose, and happy to offer support (and receive it)!
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Welcome to all the new people- you are in the right place. Very supportive group. We are all in this together :)
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Hey yall im also trying to lose alot im trying to drop 150lbs and get sexy hot wassup?
  • Parisgirl0408
    Parisgirl0408 Posts: 7 Member
    Please add me. I need some friends and motivation as well. Trying to lose 100+.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Good morning! I'm so glad to see that this thread has stayed somewhat alive (although the last post was in March lol). I am on Day 2 of Round 634... *sigh* It's a constant battle. Interestingly enough, I've only gained about 4 pounds since October so I'm hoping I can use my previous successes and build on that! Hoping all of you have a great day!
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.