I have 100+ pounds to lose and can't do it alone

Options
Hey I'd love to be able to talk to people about what they've done for success as well and work through this journey with anyone willing. I'd appreciate it if you let me add you

Replies

• hazela1yale
    hazela1yale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm game! Definitely looking to same goals, weight loss, being healthy and friendly motivation! :)
  • Christih12
    Christih12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me please. Just started last Monday doing good so far. Started at 285 and goal to 150 maybe lower depending how I look and feel. I've been over weight most my life and have done diets many times before and always give. I'm at my highest weight I ever have been and don't want to get to 300 lbs so know i need to change now. Thanks
  • dickie150692
    dickie150692 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me. :)
  • wilmastraight593
    wilmastraight593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Same amount weight loss goal.
  • mpgundrum
    mpgundrum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be friends. I have over 100 pounds to lose and can always use extra motivation and support.
  • lalapurpledog
    lalapurpledog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittany. I am in the same boat as you are. I started on this site several years ago and was doing great. Then, I lost motivation and I need to lose 100 lbs for my health now more than anything. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • CLK63
    CLK63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ pounds to lose also. If anyone wants to add me , please do. :)
  • jjlvt46
    jjlvt46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Count me in too. Friendly motivation and successful tips needed.
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I started off with a goal to lose 100 pounds several months ago and so far am down 30 pounds.
    The things working for me are:
    *get a food scale/measuring cups and spoons and measure everything you eat...no guesstimating!
    *log everything
    *if you're not physically active, start off slow for short periods of time and work your way to longer periods as time goes by

As long as you hold yourself accountable for what you eat and the exercise you do, it can be done. Good luck in your journey!
  • _kingbooble
    _kingbooble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am working through my 100+ WL and one of the things I found useful is to start with small steps and work up. I chose walking as I didn't want to go to gyms etc and was very body conscious but I did think that I would incorporate little things that added up over the week like walking to toilets on other floors at work or go to a store for lunch a bit further away or walk to local store more often than doing bigger shops it gets addictive :) Good luck with your journey.
  • BrittNichole3
    BrittNichole3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me friend requests! I want to lose 90 lbs. I have been at this for a week now and I definitely need all the motivation I can get to keep going! :)
  • Barbados1965
    Barbados1965 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 50 plus pounds of fat and added about 30
    lbs of muscle
  • annleg83
    annleg83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me as well! I'm working getting my weight down (I'd like to lose 60+)

What kilara21 said was spot on. No guessing and log everything - no matter how bad it is and little things add up to big results.

I'd be glad to help cheer you on!
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hiya, you can add me too if you like. Have 60-70lbs to come off and it's coming off really slow :) x
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    While I am not trying to lose 100+ I do have a bit to lose. Would love to help and could use some motivation myself. Please feel free to add me.. That is an offer to all, especially anybody in the Chicago area.
  • yannie100
    yannie100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me(:
    Always looking for motivating people as well, and we can motivate each other!
  • mimacairns
    mimacairns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found that commitment and accountability are the two things that keep me focused. having a group that's
    sharing success stories week to week makes me stick to the plan, I want to be the successful one who can say i have done well, some might say its not a competition, it is not but it motivates me to do well in that kind of situation, if that's what YOU need then create a group of friends to communicate with.
  • minnie503
    minnie503 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 30 of the 100# I am working on losing. Feel free to add me :)
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 100 pounds also... we could do this together! :)

• aqila17
    aqila17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feel free to add me. I'm 270+ lbs in 5'4 frame, need to loose around 130+ to get to my normal weight.
    I hope I can achieve my goal in 3-5 years.
    With MFP community, we can do it together!