Options
diemos9
diemos9 Posts: 54 Member
Love shakeology just not for $120.. I want a good tasting shake

Replies

• herrerajr693
    herrerajr693 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 best tasting protein on the market in my opinion. I've tried a lot of other ones and some even made my stomach hurt.

My 2 favorites are the chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter cookie!

Small tub is about $30 big tub is $50.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lean1 meal replacement shake is awesome. Can drink it with just water. It's $36 at Vitamin Shoppe. It's better to get it on amazon or on the nutrition53 website when they've got sales. They also always have bundle and saves. My fav is the chocolate peanut butter. Chocolate is also good, but I find myself always adding PB2 to it to make it taste like the other one. 220 cals, 17g protein, full meal replacement

My other fave is Optimum Nutrition Whey isolate in the rocky road flavor. It's gross with water, but so delicious with unsweetened almond milk. It's $28 for a 2 lb tub with 28 servings, $50-ish for a 5lb, and I think there's big bags too, like 11 lbs or so. 120 cal, 24g of protein.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just got the chocorite protein shake and I love it. 150 cal for two scoops and 20g protein, only 3 net carbs. The yellow cake flavor is really good.
  • lisandave01
    lisandave01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Herbalife cookies and creme!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Truetein vanilla bean and strawberries, with green tea as the mixer. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey Isolate.

It's a protein supplement though and that's all...Shakeology has a bunch of other stuff...so I guess it depends on what you're truly looking for.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition or Trutein.
  • diemos9
    diemos9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for something that doesn't taste like *kitten*. I tried herbalife... barf and a vegan hemp one .. wasn't bad
  • Craig8926
    Craig8926 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Any reviews on PhD diet whey protein?
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 best tasting protein on the market in my opinion. I've tried a lot of other ones and some even made my stomach hurt.

My 2 favorites are the chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter cookie!

Small tub is about $30 big tub is $50.

Agree. The strawberry milkshake us the best. Not a fan of the macro makeup if it though.

My other favorite is ON Gold Standard French Vanilla.
  • Larrwein
    Larrwein Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PEScience select proteins are the best. I love their snickerdoodle and vanilla. They're all amazing
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what not to try. Optimum nutrition cookie dough. Its the most vile tasting shake I've had yet. Almost returned it to GNC it was so nasty.

Quest salted Carmel is good.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    diemos9 wrote: »
    Love shakeology just not for $120.. I want a good tasting shake

My best shake is this.
    1 scoop of protein,
    12 oz of crushed Ice
    6 oz of coffee
    2 tablespoons of creamer
    3 packets of splenda,

• rebeccamurphy12979
    rebeccamurphy12979 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    anyone try Paleo protein bars? They look great, but cost $3 a bar.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I like Isopure. I've had toasted coconut and french vanilla so far and have enjoyed both.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My favorite protein shakes are the premier protein. They are premade, ready to drink. They have 30 grams of protein and only 1 sugar, 170 calories. I would usually have them with a serving of fruit, either on the side or blended in. BJs, costco and SAMs all have them. 12 pack for like $18.99. Walmart has them too but not quite as cheap. There is a coupon at both BJs and SAMs right now for $4 off. Both the vanilla and the chocolate taste great. Like flavored milk. They sell a powder but I have not tried that. They have protein bars which are very good also. Those I usually split in half and keep in ziplocks to take with me. They also now have fiber snack bars which I bought at Sam's club, 15 pack for $10.88 on sale. Yummy.

Here is the link to their site so you can see their products and nutrition info.

http://shop.premierprotein.com/Shakes/c/PremierProtein@Shakes
  • IFBBRich
    IFBBRich Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Carnivore beef protein. By far the best I've ever used. It is a hydroisolate
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    For a meal.reolacement: EAS Complete Nutrition. I like the vanilla and the chocolate. With water or milk it's yummy.

For post workout protein: Gold Standard French Vanilla whey with passion fruit BPI Best BCAAs mixed in. I drink that in water.

For a protein shake to hit my macros that releases slows than whey: Gold Standard casein in blueberry or vanilla. I usually drink that in water, but sometimes with milk for a thicker dessert-like texture.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Iike truenutrition.com because you can customize your protein and it's pretty cheap. They have many flavors and protein bases.
  • mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nutralean tastes AMAZING, my kids even like it. 30g of protein, 10g of fibre, 200cal, and sweetened with stevia and sucralose. It's about $70 Cdn for a bag on autoship, so about 25% less in US$.