40+ and Fighting The Fat.

Options
In two weeks I'll be 49-years-old, and can't understand the stubbornness of the fat that has crept into my lower half of my otherwise healthy looking body. Frustrating as I start a new job and have to buy new clothes because the perfectly good clothes hanging in my closet are two sizes too small. Did this happen over night? Well, no. I have finally admitted that my unmotivated lifestyle over the past year and a half has contributed to this gain. So, I log my calories and try to figure out an exercise schedule. The motivation comes when I look at the pile of clothes that no longer fit. Plain as that.

Replies

• fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I so get this, I quit smoking last March and between then and December, about 30lbs appeared out of nowhere! The kick up the *kitten* for me was not getting into my 'going out' trousers on New Years Eve. Since New Year I have lost about 15 of those pounds. 15 to go. I'm just being much more conscious of what I'm eating and exercising more. It's working.
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As we age it gets harder to lose weight. Its unfortunate but part of nature. Keep up the good work and work hard you will see results!