Dog Lovers' Walk-Buddy Challenge

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited March 2016
    So we went for another walk today - yesterday took its toll on both of us, as we've been lazy bums all winter. Yesterday I ended up logging with my activity tracker about 5 miles of walking - almost 3 miles of it I did with Trixie. Trixie probably did 5-6 miles because I can let her off leash in spots and she does wide circles around me through the woods. We split up our walking into morning / evening - 2+ miles in the a.m., about 1.5 miles at night.

This morning we did 2.29 miles for me (again, probably at least 3.29-4.5 miles for Trixie, because she has to show off her superior skillz, but she definitely was not as energetic as yesterday! Not sure if we will go out again tonight, we may, for a short walk. But my footies hurt! LOL

These pics were from yesterday. It was crazy warm here for early March - it felt more like May. March and April are traditionally cold and miserable months here, so the 70's plus temps during the day has been very motivating.

Trixie is almost 4 years old and is probably 5 - 10 lbs overweight. We want to nip that in the bud and avoid having a lab that is more round than long, lol...

t5rta14ygm2q.jpg
    hgart0ui1l12.jpg
    lkffglx8ujvp.jpg
  • wizzybeth
    fluffygio wrote: »
    I kno this isnt part of the discussion but how do u guys post pictures? Also i walk my fog every day lol he dosnt like to walk

Unfortunately you can't add pics from the app, have to use the computer. Or at least, I can't from my Android. Not sure about the iPhone app.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I kno this isnt part of the discussion but how do u guys post pictures? Also i walk my fog every day lol he dosnt like to walk

Unfortunately you can't add pics from the app, have to use the computer. Or at least, I can't from my Android. Not sure about the iPhone app.

You're right @wizzybeth. It won't work for iPhone either. Maybe if you go premium?
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yesterday, Baxter and I took a 15 minute morning walk + a 37 minute walk in a park. I have no idea miles-wise how far that was. I could tell he enjoyed it...and so did I. This beautiful weather has me inspired! He's almost 10 months and weighs in @ 70lbs, so we want our Lab to stay as healthy as possible...for as long as possible! :blush:

8da2qyddatvo.jpg
  • nini2ksg
    nini2ksg Posts: 3 Member
    My boys, Falkor an Turbo and I will love this. It is just melting off where I am and lots of mud...no excuse to not too get out!
  • nini2ksg
    nini2ksg Posts: 3 Member
    How do I post pics with a tablet?

• wizzybeth
    nini2ksg wrote: »
    How do I post pics with a tablet?

You would have to open your browser and use the desktop site, not the mobile app
  • Mandylou2014
    Mandylou2014 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in. I'm taking my Jack Russell with me when I go visit family to keep me walking.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    c57ppar6rd4v.jpg

3 miles today... with a little sit in the sun break. :)
    walk.jpg 102.9K
  • aVexedMind
    aVexedMind Posts: 4 Member
    6nf3zcY

My 4 1/2 month old pup finds waiting for the school bus to be utterly exhausting....I think she needs some cardio and endurance in her life. Daily walks will commence early tomorrow morning!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    I have been doing this lately. My dog is not a huge fan of this at all. There is no way he wants me to get out the door without him, but is far more excited about heading home. The last two days he is sleeping by his food and water dish half the day
  • sushidynasty
    sushidynasty Posts: 17 Member
    cocates wrote: »

You're right @wizzybeth. It won't work for iPhone either. Maybe if you go premium?

The forums on MFP use BBcode so technically if you have the URL to your picture (which you can get by uploading it somewhere [like facebook or twitter] and right clicking to copy 'image URL') you can add it as [*img] IMAGE URL HERE [*/img]

* Remove the '*' symbol when you go to post. This works for all platforms as far as I know
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Here's our 2 mile walk today! I'm so excited for improving weather to get in a lot more walks with my girl.
    jfejgsabsqb0.jpg
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    cocates wrote: »

I can post from the iphone app - there's a little camera icon above the reply box.
  • michellekirkman30
    michellekirkman30 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in no more excuses !!
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am in. We walk ours at least 3 miles every day. blrh6jzmj8ss.jpg
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    CollieFit wrote: »

Such beautiful scenery where is this?
  • sushidynasty
    sushidynasty Posts: 17 Member
    went 4 km/43 mins today :)
  • UnkyTimFU
    UnkyTimFU Posts: 240 Member
    2.2 miles (37 mins) with my dog Loxley today B)
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Does walking with my pup on the treadmill count?? :smiley::smiley: He loves it and even stays on for the highest incline on our treadmill, which is really cute. Then I go outside and play fetch with him while I cool off (since he's in WAY better shape than I am, lol). We'll need to walk down to the mailbox this afternoon too. Otherwise we usually go out for family hikes and longer walks on the weekends.