Diet pills and supplements

Options

Replies

• sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im on duromine not as a magic pill but because it help supress my apetite i dont feel hungry at all i only eat bcause i know i need to otherwise im fine without food... it works for me as a person who has a binge eating problem....

I have lost 10.7 kg in 3weeks on them

Nb. They dont have magic but they help u take fewer calories if you cant control your eating
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Im on duromine not as a magic pill but because it help supress my apetite i dont feel hungry at all i only eat bcause i know i need to otherwise im fine without food... it works for me as a person who has a binge eating problem....

I have lost 10.7 kg in 3weeks on them

Nb. They dont have magic but they help u take fewer calories if you cant control your eating

These are prescription medication and require close monitoring by your doctor.
  • Katiefitmarie
    Katiefitmarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definitely was not a sales pitch. I'm just being honest about what I take and what's worked best for me.
    Hi Samantha! Currently I'm taking FitMiss Burn. It's the best fat burning supplement I've ever taken. It doesn't give me jitters at all. It helps me focus and gives me that extra boost in the morning. I'd check it out if your interested. I don't follow an exact plan but I do stick with a limit of 1200 calories a day to lose about 2 pounds a week. I also do cardio in the morning 4-5 times a week followed by weight training in the evening 6 times a week. During my workouts I supplement with FitMiss Bcaa (branched chain aminos acids) which help my muscles recover faster and reduce muscle breakdown. After my workouts I will drink a protein shake using a cup of 1% milk and 1 scoop of FitMiss chocolate delight powder. I always try to hit my macros too which my fitness pal is awesome at helping with. Plus I try to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I hope this helps!

What the others said about this sounding like a sales pitch.

Also I'm curious how long she's been keeping this up and/or how accurate her logging is. 1200 calories plus twice daily exercise? Something is not adding up here.

Definitely not a sales pitch. I was just explaining what's worked for me. The 1200 calorie intake is completely fine and ok for me but is absolutely not for everyone. It depends on what your goals and body type. I've never felt better. Exercising twice a day is not out of the ordinary and I've done plenty of research behind it. Eating right and keeping a healthy lifestyle is what's important.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Definitely was not a sales pitch. I'm just being honest about what I take and what's worked best for me.
    Hi Samantha! Currently I'm taking FitMiss Burn. It's the best fat burning supplement I've ever taken. It doesn't give me jitters at all. It helps me focus and gives me that extra boost in the morning. I'd check it out if your interested. I don't follow an exact plan but I do stick with a limit of 1200 calories a day to lose about 2 pounds a week. I also do cardio in the morning 4-5 times a week followed by weight training in the evening 6 times a week. During my workouts I supplement with FitMiss Bcaa (branched chain aminos acids) which help my muscles recover faster and reduce muscle breakdown. After my workouts I will drink a protein shake using a cup of 1% milk and 1 scoop of FitMiss chocolate delight powder. I always try to hit my macros too which my fitness pal is awesome at helping with. Plus I try to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I hope this helps!

Also I'm curious how long she's been keeping this up and/or how accurate her logging is. 1200 calories plus twice daily exercise? Something is not adding up here.

Definitely not a sales pitch. I was just explaining what's worked for me. The 1200 calorie intake is completely fine and ok for me but is absolutely not for everyone. It depends on what your goals and body type. I've never felt better. Exercising twice a day is not out of the ordinary and I've done plenty of research behind it. Eating right and keeping a healthy lifestyle is what's important.

Do you eat your calories back?
  • Katiefitmarie
    Options

Why does this read like a sales pitch....

Not a sales pitch, just an honest answer about what supplements I take and what's worked for me.
  • Katiefitmarie
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Do you eat your calories back?

I can eat up to 1700 calories a day when working out with the 500 calorie deficit. I aim to burn 500 a day working out.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think this is a must read for women looking into supplements: http://www.elitefts.com/education/supplements-for-women-the-myths-and-marketing-schemes/

It pays off to do research and compare ingredients. Products targeting the female audience often contain very little of proven helpful ingredients and are much more expensive than higher quality products that are unisex.

Overall your weight loss will come from your calorie deficit and logging food in your food diary accurately. Swapping a fancy cup of coffee for a caffeine pill, eating vegetables and protein with most meals, maybe adding in some fiber and a protein shake if you tend to be low on protein or need a meal on the run, are going to do far more than taking some pill with unproven ingredients.

Here's the weight loss pyramid of importance (exercise isn't mentioned because it's a small part of the calorie section):

Nutrition-Pyramid-BW6.png
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I take Cellucor Super HD...pill form. Technically, it's billed as a fat burner, but I use it as a pre workout because I'm allergic to the sucralose and stevia that are in many pre workouts. I would recommend it, but keep in mind that it does nothing alone...you have to workout and maintain a calorie deficit, too.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    but keep in mind that it does nothing alone...

Fixed that for you.

Every time I see "fat burners", I think of that horrible article about the UK woman who literally burned to death from the inside out after taking them. Or the Australian guy whose liver was so badly damaged by them that he had to get an urgent liver transplant and now has hepatitis, because if the doctors had waited for a non-hep liver, he would have died.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CICO. The real secret the diet industry doesn't want you to know about.
    If there was any supplement/shake/pill/mix that actually worked it would be the most profitable discovery in modern science considering the billions people are already willing to spend on the shifty, snake oils currently available. It would not be hidden.
    Not want you want to hear, but the faster you accept it, the faster you'll put your energy into CICO; the faster you become successful in your weight goals.
    Good luck!
  • brekober
    brekober Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never taken any fat burners but a lot of girls I know that are training for competitions take them when they hit a certain stage in their process.

And I love the fitmiss delight banana cream! I mix it with almond milk and drink it for breakfast. It's 90 calories per scoop and usually keeps me full until lunch.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    If diet pills really worked then why are there millions of us on here counting calories ? Wouldn't we all just pop pills all day and be thin ?!
    Diet pills don't work . there's no short cuts there's no quick fixes. If you want this, you'll have to work for it.

+1
  • aerrianna
    aerrianna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have slimfast for breakfast only because I hate eating in the morning, most stuff upsets my stomach right after I wake up and the stuff that doest, doesn't fill me up. I know something needs to go into my stomach, so I have a slimfast. Mostly because it's premade and I'm too lazy to make my own.

Otherwise most diet pills are useless and are probably only a placebo effect. I've lost 7lbs in three weeks just from counting calories.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    aerrianna wrote: »
    I have slimfast for breakfast only because I hate eating in the morning, most stuff upsets my stomach right after I wake up and the stuff that doest, doesn't fill me up. I know something needs to go into my stomach, so I have a slimfast. Mostly because it's premade and I'm too lazy to make my own.

Well, no, not really. I don't generally eat breakfast, rather having a glass of orange juice and getting on with my day. I find it makes me less hungry later.
  • aerrianna
    aerrianna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    aerrianna wrote: »

Well, no, not really. I don't generally eat breakfast, rather having a glass of orange juice and getting on with my day. I find it makes me less hungry later.

Orange juice is still has nutrients, which is what I meant rather than needing a full stomach.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Nor sure it could even sound more like an ad..
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    If diet pills really worked then why are there millions of us on here counting calories ? Wouldn't we all just pop pills all day and be thin ?!
    Diet pills don't work . there's no short cuts there's no quick fixes. If you want this, you'll have to work for it.

+1
    so much this

• kaitlinfurby13
    kaitlinfurby13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the slim Fast plan mixed with calorie counting on here. It is working great for me, but I know it would work the same with just counting calories. I'm the kind of person who once I start eating it is hard for me to stop though so drinking the shakes and eating one meal is easier for me. Once I have gotten used to having less I will discontinue it and strictly calorie count.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options

To me, it sounds like you are losing weight because you are eating 1200 calories, not because of this diet pill you seem to be selling.

OP: if you eat at a (safe) deficit, you will lose weight. AND it will more likely stay off because you've developed healthy habits that'll stay with you for life. No need to worry about side-effects they might discover years later, or the jitters, or anal leakage. You can see results and lose weight using MFP, and it's free (of cost and risks). :smile: