Cheating husband.

Options
My husband told me he cheated on Saturday. I am not going to get into how terrible I feel, where to go from here with my family or any of that. I really just need help and advice because my self esteem is absolutely shot. I am consumed with thoughts that this is all because of my weight and if I was slim this never would have happened. I know I'm wrong but I feel like I'm drowning. Calling the counselor today but just didn't know if any of you had experience with these feelings. Thank you.

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    No matter what you think, this is NOT your fault. It is an issue with HIM, not you.

I have been cheated on by many of my exes. Many of them very, very good liars and I never saw it coming. I have let it destroy me in the past. It's not an easy thing to get through, but you have to realize it's not your fault and it wouldn't matter what size you are - he's a cheater. Period.

I'm sorry for what you must be going through. Try to understand that you are better off without him and it's better to find out now rather than later.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way, you are gorgeous and he's a fool.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Your husband cheated on you because of his own selfish reasons. It has nothing to do with you. Even him telling you is more for him unloading his guilty conscience than it is about "doing the right thing ".
    Get yourself a counselor and I hope you have some people in your life you can talk to as a support system as well.

You didn't do anything wrong. People cheat on thin spouses just as often as heavy spouses. Please don't blame yourself.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what were his reasons for doing it?
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way, you are gorgeous and he's a fool.

Yeah sorry to hear that but have to agree here. It probably wasn't because of looks.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I look forward to your next stage of grief, which is anger. You can be angry at him. It's allowed. I hope it goes well with the counselor to consider if this betrayal can be worked out or not.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We met when we were 18 and fell in love very fast. I was pregnant 6 weeks into our relationship and we always joked thank god we liked each other. We are now 28. He had never been full on intimate with anyone else before me. He said after 9 years he was having a really hard time. We were going through a rough spot and he says he was lost and it was just a new experience. The woman is 25 years older than us. They met at a hotel last August and had sex. He said he felt so terrible afterward and made him realize he wasn't "missing out" on anything and it was the biggest mistake of his life. Cute, huh?
  • DanniB423
    Options
    And thank you everyone for the kind words. I know deep in my heart it isn't me. But it's really hard not to think that way sometimes.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    She is a co worker and her husband is a manager at his work. She told her husband about my husband and another man she slept with there. He said to save their marriage she had to quit and she did. This is how I found out because my cousin works there too ( all in the family haha) and told me this lady left due to cheating. And I just flat out asked my husband if this was him because I know they texted and he just burst into tears and said yes. I was half joking too. Damn.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    And thank you everyone for the kind words. I know deep in my heart it isn't me. But it's really hard not to think that way sometimes.

That's why a counselor is good. There is something else going on (as you said you guys are having a rough time). Fat/Slim probably has nothing to do with it.
  • IFBBRich
    IFBBRich Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry to hear that, Some of us guys are just *kitten* for lack of a better word and only think of ourselves!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I know you're feeling crushed and destroyed and questioning everything but let me say a few things...This had nothing to do with you and everything to do with him from what I hear. You can be 250lbs or 150lbs if that's what he was going to do then it was going to happen. The bright side is that he doesn't sound invested in this woman. It would be a lot harder if he had a woman that he was emotionally not just physically attached to (imo) Fighting for your marriage is one thing, fighting someone else to save your marriage I think is worse. Make sure you get all your questions answered. He owes you that much. Then figure out where do you go from here. Vent when you want to, cry when you need to, then work on you for you...not for him.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    IFBBRich wrote: »
    I am so very sorry to hear that, Some of us guys are just *kitten* for lack of a better word and only think of ourselves!

At this moment I'd have to agree. Women included.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    I know you're feeling crushed and destroyed and questioning everything but let me say a few things...This had nothing to do with you and everything to do with him from what I hear. You can be 250lbs or 150lbs if that's what he was going to do then it was going to happen. The bright side is that he doesn't sound invested in this woman. It would be a lot harder if he had a woman that he was emotionally not just physically attached to (imo) Fighting for your marriage is one thing, fighting someone else to save your marriage I think is worse. Make sure you get all your questions answered. He owes you that much. Then figure out where do you go from here. Vent when you want to, cry when you need to, then work on you for you...not for him.
    They are not invested at all. Her vagina is invested in everyone at this work apparently. It doesn't make it hurt any less. I refuse to run out of my house like a high schooler. I don't need to rush into anything. I'm just hitting the gym and spending time with our seven year old and keeping it classy for her lol. I need some serious space. It is too raw to even muster an intelligent thought or think of repair. It's time for me.
  • torymarinelli
    torymarinelli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a very similar experience. Married young, no kids though, and my best friend told me three years after it happened that she happened to sleep with my (now ex) husband about two years after we were married. It took me 6 more years to realize that it wasn't me that was the problem, it was him. When I realized that, he was out the door. It also took a really awesome man to help me pick up the pieces.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Double check with him and your counsellor but it reads to me that your husband was seeking novelty. Grass is greener and all that. I bet you are plenty attractive and able to keep his interest.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am so sorry. :(

It has nothing to do with you, or your weight. I promise. He was selfish and childish and probably didn't think of how it would affect you or anyone (the woman's husband) at all.
    Do everything you can to take care of yourself right now. Take long walks, have lunch with friends, breathe- breathe a lot! Counseling will be a great way for you to figure out if you can forgive him and continue with your relationship, but right now, your priority needs to be you. Don't make any big decisions or big changes, not right away- Just breathe.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @DanniB423 ...... I have been in your shoes sweetheart, and it hurts and it is going to hurt for a long time if not forever. Will it get easier with time yes but it will always hurt. I do not know if you two are going to stay together but if you two are going to need to talk it out. there will be hurt, grief and the rage feeling worthless and helpless. But remember he did this , he made the choice. This is not your doing, you are beautiful and you are strong. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this...my ex husband did this to me when our youngest was 7 weeks ...she is now six I left the next day. Get a good support group and remember to take care of yourself. Lots of Hugs and love to you
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    what were his reasons for doing it?

This is probably a multi-faceted answer, partially of which he undoubtedly has no clue. In addition to reasons, whatever they are, never being justification for that choice, I think we don't need to know the nitty gritty personal and painful details, don't you agree?
  • DanniB423
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Double check with him and your counsellor but it reads to me that your husband was seeking novelty. Grass is greener and all that. I bet you are plenty attractive and able to keep his interest.
    Basically this yes. He said he knew he messed up right after and the grass isn't greener (he even said that) and he isn't sure why he ever felt like he needed to sleep with more than one person to be sure I was the one (oh thanks!!!) and he regrets it every day. Awesome. I'm seriously just flatline right now.