Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am never ever never doing this again without training. Okay after next week's half ironman that I am not trained for, I am never ever never doing this without training again. That was so painful. I am too old for running 26 miles every 2 months and like nothing in between.

It was a nice course and I got a great medal and a nice finishers jacket. But boy do I hurt. I decided on course since #sobertilPuertoRico and #nocandytilPuertoRico and #lentchallenge are almost up here is my new one. #365daysofdailyexercise. Today was day 1.

Edited to add I'll add photos later after I recuperate with some cat therapy.

WOW! I had to train for 4 months to make it through 1, and even that was a struggle. I have no idea how you did that with no training. That's quite the athletic baseline!

I hope cat therapy helped
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    In the past two days I have planted two kinds of lettuce, spinach, peas, pole beans, blueberry bushes and raspberry bushes and done a full body lifting session. You know what hurts? My forearms. I'd have expected it to be my back from moving so much dirt, but nope. It's the forearms. Sooooo looking forward to yoga class tomorrow, but if Jane has us do planks, I might just die.

Your garden sounds amazing, yum! Forearms are an odd place to be sore, good luck at yoga!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I am never ever never doing this again without training. Okay after next week's half ironman that I am not trained for, I am never ever never doing this without training again. That was so painful. I am too old for running 26 miles every 2 months and like nothing in between.

It was a nice course and I got a great medal and a nice finishers jacket. But boy do I hurt. I decided on course since #sobertilPuertoRico and #nocandytilPuertoRico and #lentchallenge are almost up here is my new one. #365daysofdailyexercise. Today was day 1.

WOW! I had to train for 4 months to make it through 1, and even that was a struggle. I have no idea how you did that with no training. That's quite the athletic baseline!

I hope cat therapy helped

I have done a bunch without training... but I am either feeling it more mentally or physically or both. This one was hard. I need to really commit to getting in running shape. I can't keep winging this.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am excited for my trip to Gruene, Tx this weekend. I want to stop and take pics of the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush along the way.

They are really starting to bloom here in the Austin area.

When do you think they will be in full bloom in Austin? Do you ever go to enchanted rock? It is so close to you,

I've never been to enchanted rock either. I think this year since it rained all last week, we will have an early wildflower season for sure, so they will be in full bloom in the next week and stay strong until probably June as long as it does not get too dry and hot.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Thank you I was pretty excited

Some day maybe I will be able to run that fast, I am a pretty slow runner. I have the Cap10 (Austin 10K) coming up in less than 4 weeks and since I have been sick for the past 2+ weeks, I am pretty much starting over on the training. I am not like Patricia, and cannot do this without training. It will probably take me an hour and a half to run 6.2 miles. (this is only my second ever 10K and I have only done a handful of 5K races)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    First full marathon of the year. Ouch.
    9g9i9bdvt1by.jpeg
    kowxefdiwks2.jpeg
    bbw9cdy0q449.jpeg
    oyjr4hlcubdi.jpeg
    ajat8sxjcf5q.jpeg
    vpquq8fm0bi6.jpeg
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Also, the last one I'll do without training properly...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    5o8cnappe2lj.png
    New personal best

Excellent!!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Great job!!!
  • kecmw25
    Options

Fantastic job!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thank you I was pretty excited

Some day maybe I will be able to run that fast, I am a pretty slow runner. I have the Cap10 (Austin 10K) coming up in less than 4 weeks and since I have been sick for the past 2+ weeks, I am pretty much starting over on the training. I am not like Patricia, and cannot do this without training. It will probably take me an hour and a half to run 6.2 miles. (this is only my second ever 10K and I have only done a handful of 5K races)

You mean you aren't dumb like Patricia! You will do great!
  • Oberon21
    Options

These pics look great. Uploading mine now!
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
  • Oberon21
    Options
    They gave a really pretty medal and a nice jacket!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lovely race pictures, both of you!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    The cherry blossom on the medal man... I love it
  • bkhamill
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Your pic makes me drool CooCooPuff
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Your pic makes me drool CooCooPuff
    I'm trying some of the filled cupcake Oreos today! :)