Lose 1/2 a pound by tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you wear lighter clothes, will that really convince you that you've lost 1/2 pound of fat? You prob should wear the same clothes you wore when you weighed in 6 yrs ago. You should be really happy that you've gotten so close, even if you don't make the number!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Do nothing. Realize that a weekly weigh in that doesn't show a loss is fine and learn to accept it. This will be a really long and really hard process if you get hung up on .5 lb loss.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I weigh every day so as not to get bothered about little fluctuations. I just pay attention to the overall trend.

x4z6piqipgsj.png

This. This is why I weigh every day. Thanks for the great illustration!
  • SmurfBunny1027
    SmurfBunny1027 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I weigh every day so as not to get bothered about little fluctuations. I just pay attention to the overall trend.

x4z6piqipgsj.png

I love this chart. I might start doing this. I weigh everyday, but I don't log every day. So I do get frustrated with that line sometimes. Maybe having that visual would help with that. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log that into Excel. I just log new lows into MFP. I accept that the scale is going to go up at ovulation and premenstrually, and when I go back to the gym after taking time off from weight lifting.
  • BonnetVoya
    BonnetVoya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ebaroldy wrote: »
    I do MFP and weight watchers, and getting weighed weekly is my motivation seeing that number go down! I know my body and how it compares to the weight watchers scale, and it looks like I might not lose anything... I'm not asking for some unhealthy ways to lose some weight in the next 24 hours, but any small ideas?
    I was going to wear lighter weight clothing, and I was thinking of drinking more water than usual, you pee out more than you take in right, so wouldn't drinking more water today help a tiny bit?

• BonnetVoya
    BonnetVoya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    love this
  • mikeastarcher
    mikeastarcher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I work with a trainer who gets me on the scale just once a month. The reason for this was to remove my obsession with the scale. Sometimes you do everything right and the scale says otherwise. You know your effort and if you are following the program you are on. If so you have to trust the process. The only way I know to lose weight in 24 hours is to go to the bathroom. LOL! So, Don't let that crappy scale demotivate you. Focus on the end results and find other ways of measuring success.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Girl you will be there in NO TIME.
    1/2lb is nothing in the long run - weigh in tomorrow- let be what is.

Next week you'll celebrate proper!

Good job!!!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    not sure why people are giving you a hard time. sometimes I like to see a number drop in the morning , at the end of the week, etc. it's just temporary anyway.
    drink lots of water, tea, coffee today. don't eat today. make sure you're drinking enough to pee clear. use the bathroom in the morning before weigh in - make sure to squeeze it all out :) . don't drink or eat anything before weigh in.
    Along with lighter clothes, make sure you were sandals or no shoes.
    good luck!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I
    I do weigh in once a week, and yes I am very obsessive over my weight! I know it's not always linear.., but most of the time mine is, and I hate when my weekly weigh in I'm up at all

Well, to me it sounds like you are worried that you aren't "doing it right" or that people might judge you for not losing weight or that you don't measure up in some way. When I start worrying about those types of things I can't find a lot of peace.

Why do you think you're obsessive about your weight? It's not a reflection on you as a person whether or not you lose or gain for a weekly weigh-in.

I will judge myself, I've been doing what I'm supposed to as usual, but if I lose 1/2 a pound I'll be a weight I haven't been in 6 years! I would be so happy for that number on the scale... I just want that dang number this week! Does that kind of make sense? I know the number on the scale doesn't always reflect your hard work, but to see that number tomorrow would make me so happy! It would mean I worked off 6 years of bad eating

That makes some sense, and I understand those feels. When I was early-on in weight-loss I gave the scale way too much power over me. I lost about 70 pounds, but about halfway through I was weighing myself every day and entering every gram of food into an Excel spreadsheet with formulas and colors and all that. I was in a couple challenges at the gym and on here. It was too much! One day I accidentally spilled a pitcher of water on my digital scale and that was that. It was very good for me to lose that remaining 30-40 pounds without my scale and spreadsheet and structured weigh-ins. I was giving it way too much space in my head.

Good luck tomorrow. :)

Yea that sounds just like me... I usually weigh on my scale the day before I weigh in at weight weight watchers to get an idea of what it will be but then I obsess for the rest of the day... Maybe I'll talk to my hubby about hiding the scale from me if he sees me obsessing

Yea that sounds just like me... I usually weigh on my scale the day before I weigh in at weight weight watchers to get an idea of what it will be but then I obsess for the rest of the day... Maybe I'll talk to my hubby about hiding the scale from me if he sees me obsessing[/quote]

I was so close to breaking a loss under another 10 pounds this week, and I'm so close, so I get the frustration. If you're one of many who HAS to see that number, sometimes it's better just to weigh in every so often (maybe not even once a week), and focus on other things such as how you feel, how your clothes are fitting. If you need something, try a measuring tape instead. There are other things you can focus on besides the scale if it helps. :smile:
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    not sure why people are giving you a hard time. sometimes I like to see a number drop in the morning , at the end of the week, etc. it's just temporary anyway.
    drink lots of water, tea, coffee today. don't eat today. make sure you're drinking enough to pee clear. use the bathroom in the morning before weigh in - make sure to squeeze it all out :) . don't drink or eat anything before weigh in.
    good luck!

I would think that permanent weight loss would be better than temporary weight loss.

Besides, if OP gets weighed in a negligee tomorrow and gains weight instead of losing, what is she supposed to do next week?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Well, how did the weigh-in go?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Curious to know what the scale said today? OP? Hello?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    good luck!

What? Don't do that.

OP this may be counterintuitive, but consider weighing every single day and using a tool like TrendWeight or Happy Scale. It will average out your weights for you overtime. Then each weigh-in is just another data point, another part of the process, not something that matters by itself.
  • always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Low carb, low sodium... more fiber more water...
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fiber
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Think big picture, don't think itty bitty tiny picture
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes I'll update- the scale went up another half pound, so I was up a bit at my weigh in... But I had a great workout today so I'm hoping it will be a better week next week! I drank 90oz of water yesterday so maybe I'm holding that, either way it motivated me to work out harder!
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    And thanks everyone! I drank all that water yesterday and had my dinner at lunch time so I thought getting big calorie meals out of the way would help me.. I just think it wasn't my week, last week the scale was very nice to me so I guess it balances out!