Why do I get tired after exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    generally, you are supposed to eat about half of the calories.
    but I get so tired. i generally get tired after exercising.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    This thread has been helpful for me, because I usually feel pretty wiped out later in the day after exercising. So basically I now know it's probably because I need to eat more. I pretty much never eat back my exercise calories, and I rarely hit my calorie goal (1700).
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I lift 5 days a week and towards the end of my 5th day I'm pretty wiped out. I am also in a calorie deficit losing weight so I'm thinking it is pretty natural. I would guess you are also and maybe too much deficit. You definitely want to consider your exercise in your total calorie needs and I wouldn't go lower than about 20% deficit overall.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    potassium.,........make sure youre getting your alloted amt of potasium for the day......be careful with the amt........it happened to me , my Dr suggested it and it worked............good luck, again, Im not a professional but it helped me out.........Lloyd

Will definately try up the potasium. Just checked and have been way low on that and protein so will up both those and hope for good results

Be careful with that. Potassium often isn't filled in the MFP database and you may be getting plenty. If you're going to increase, go the route of having a banana or baked potato or something. Don't buy a supplement unless you test low. Or you risk accidentally overdosing. Overdosing potassium is dangerous.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    potassium.,........make sure youre getting your alloted amt of potasium for the day......be careful with the amt........it happened to me , my Dr suggested it and it worked............good luck, again, Im not a professional but it helped me out.........Lloyd

Will definately try up the potasium. Just checked and have been way low on that and protein so will up both those and hope for good results

Be careful with that. Potassium often isn't filled in the MFP database. If you're going to increase, go the route of having a banana or baked potato or something. Don't buy a supplement unless you test low or you risk accidentally overdosing. Overdosing potassium is dangerous.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Help me Please!! I always hear how you will get lots of energy and feel so good after exercising. I am the exact opposite. I feel peaceful, calm and want to curl up and go back to bed. What am I doing wrong? I do 60 min of water aerobics 3x a week and pilates videos during my son's naptime. I am just so tired and want to know what I am doing wrong!!

Also should I be eating the calories I burn doing exercise? Or stick with just my regular daily allowance?

That is exactly how I feel, especially after swimming. The energy you were hoping to gain will come with cardiovascular efficiency. You'll be able to leap up the stairs with ease, without running out of breath.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Necro thread :wink:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm always extremely tired after a workout, but I work my butt off. usually feel better after I eat something. You probably just need to eat.

Ok- so what does potassium have to do with it.. and is the 3,500 default number on MFP a good number to shoot for?? (also I believe 1 banana will get you to that number?)

Not even close...a banana has a few hundred Mg. A potato actually blows a banana out of the water in RE to potassium. Also things like tomato sauces and canned tomato products are good sources. A low sodium V8 is a very good source of potassium...as well as eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.

Just don't supplement unless you've had blood work done which shows actual deficiency (which is pretty rare) and you are under the supervision of a doctor.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    It's more so you'll have more energy in general. I can hike all day then head to the gym for a workout, but within 30 minutes of that hangout im completely drained. It just shows you're really pushing yourself in the gym.
  • awnurmarc
    awnurmarc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I feel energized after barbell squats, deadlifts, and presses, because the whole world seems to weigh a lot less after I do them. But I think I would be tired after something like water aerobics or any kind of cardio that was intense.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I exercise late, take a hot shower, and sleep like a baby.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    100% of the time going into a pool will make me tired, unlike any other exercise. I have no explanation for it. It just happens.