Cutting out sugar

Options
MegaScorpion
MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
I want to cut sugar out if my diet. At least for couple of weeks first to see how it goes. Seems pretty daunting task.

What yall think?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    There is a group here that is working towards being added sugar free: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10343783/sugar-free-in-2016#latest

You may find it helpful and you may find that it doesn't work for you. No harm in trying and joining them could provide support for your goal.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I want to cut sugar out if my diet. At least for couple of weeks first to see how it goes. Seems pretty daunting task.

What yall think?

@MegaScorpion I did it in 2014 and the first two weeks was hellish but then the cravings just faded away but cut out sugar and grains cold turkey after trying to taper off for 60 days failed. Cutting out sugar is not a requirement to lose weight but I did it for pain manage and it has been working great for 1.5 years.

Welcome to MFP forums and best of success. You will find a plan that works best for you and you are the only one that counts.
  • MegaScorpion
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    There is a group here that is working towards being added sugar free: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10343783/sugar-free-in-2016#latest

You may find it helpful and you may find that it doesn't work for you. No harm in trying and joining them could provide support for your goal.

Thank you, will check it out.
  • MegaScorpion
    Options

What yall think?

@MegaScorpion I did it in 2014 and the first two weeks was hellish but then the cravings just faded away but cut out sugar and grains cold turkey after trying to taper off for 60 days failed. Cutting out sugar is not a requirement to lose weight but I did it for pain manage and it has been working great for 1.5 years.

Welcome to MFP forums and best of success. You will find a plan that works best for you and you are the only one that counts.

Oh wow, that is awesome. So was it easy identifying which products had sugar?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

What yall think?

I think to start out most people limit themselves to fruit, vegetables, fats and meat. Although fruit and vegetables have sugar, most people aren't talking about cutting them out when they talk about sugar. Avoiding processed foods (things in packages) eliminates much of the added sugars.
  • MegaScorpion
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

What yall think?

I think to start out most people limit themselves to fruit, vegetables, fats and meat. Although fruit and vegetables have sugar, most people aren't talking about cutting them out when they talk about sugar. Avoiding processed foods (things in packages) eliminates much of the added sugars.

Well I am already addicted to fruits. I love love fruit. I don't prefer carbs. I eat alot of meats. Could do more veggies.

The packaged stuff is where it gets you.