Im doing great on eating & working out..but i keep getting recruited

Options

Replies

• Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    lbg257 wrote: »
    HI All! I am a beachbody coach and i just wanted to respond briefly. Beachbody products (including Shakeology) are definitely not for everyone BUT as a coach, I really really try to help people lose weight. It honestly has been so rewarding to help over 300 people lose weight in about a year. It is true that I don't have any fitness/health background (in fact I'm an attorney) but the products themselves are designed by the experts and my customers just follow them (and I help them if they have questions). Again, it is totally not for everyone and I'm just as happy to see my friends and family lose weight with any program, I just wanted to respond that a lot of us coaches do really love helping people with their goals (and it's not just for the money).

This is ridiculous. If you don't know anything about fitness and health, what service are you providing besides "giving" them a way to pay money for something they could do for free?

Hear hear.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    I really have to restrain myself in my feed with all my friends selling Isagenix, Thrive, ItWorks, etc. Of course you are going to lose weight on those things, you have no more money for food.
    And don't get me started on the anti-GMOers and Keto-fanatics that have a demon food of the day post all the time.

My "restraint" consists of: they make one post about it and I immediately un-friend them. If I want to have sales pitches and advertisements forced on me, I'll watch television. I have zero tolerance for MLM scammers, wannabe "coaches" and their worthless products.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    NinaRapp wrote: »
    I am so sick and tired of Beachbody and their recruitment efforts! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how wonderful Shakeology is too (with it's wonderful price tag). They seem to forget that as we lose weight, get healthy and evolve... we need to CHANGE things up as we go, otherwise our bodies adapt, learn to use what we're giving it. Same old shake same old ingredients over and over.. how long can you go on with that? No thank you. Just eat plants, drink water, exercise and watch your calories! This way you don't have to read the nutritional label, you don't have to wonder which "diet plan" it fits into, you don't have to up-sell anything, you don't have to build a business or get other sales people or run groups or any of that.

This. Andplusalso, I used Isagenix a few years ago, lost weight, blah blah. Guess what happened when I stopped buying Isagenix? Gained weight. Because it taught me zero things about lifestyle changes, a healthy eating plan for my body type (PCOs/hypothyroid), and portion control. All I learned was this: drink two shakes a day and once a week only drink a "cleanse" product. What does this teach you about changing your lifestyle?? Waste of money, waste of time. I was better off using that money to hire a personal trainer/nutritionist to help me.

ETA: two shakes a day=replace two meals a day with shakes

Not beachbody related at all but if you are trying to get pregnant with PCOS, my doc suggested I do low carb. I did super low carb each day and it took me years to get pregnant with my son, and then I got pregnant with twins right away! Let me know if you want to discuss this. This was all before I started beachbody. Just wanted to give you an FYI

...um what?
    You're right, this is completely unrelated. I don't know why you would make such a grand assumption about my family planning, but I can assure you that if I need to "discuss anything" it will be with my doctor.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of Beachbody and their recruitment efforts! I'm sick and tired of hearing about how wonderful Shakeology is too (with it's wonderful price tag). They seem to forget that as we lose weight, get healthy and evolve... we need to CHANGE things up as we go, otherwise our bodies adapt, learn to use what we're giving it. Same old shake same old ingredients over and over.. how long can you go on with that? No thank you. Just eat plants, drink water, exercise and watch your calories! This way you don't have to read the nutritional label, you don't have to wonder which "diet plan" it fits into, you don't have to up-sell anything, you don't have to build a business or get other sales people or run groups or any of that.

This. Andplusalso, I used Isagenix a few years ago, lost weight, blah blah. Guess what happened when I stopped buying Isagenix? Gained weight. Because it taught me zero things about lifestyle changes, a healthy eating plan for my body type (PCOs/hypothyroid), and portion control. All I learned was this: drink two shakes a day and once a week only drink a "cleanse" product. What does this teach you about changing your lifestyle?? Waste of money, waste of time. I was better off using that money to hire a personal trainer/nutritionist to help me.

Not beachbody related at all but if you are trying to get pregnant with PCOS, my doc suggested I do low carb. I did super low carb each day and it took me years to get pregnant with my son, and then I got pregnant with twins right away! Let me know if you want to discuss this. This was all before I started beachbody. Just wanted to give you an FYI

...um what?
    You're right, this is completely unrelated. I don't know why you would make such a grand assumption about my family planning, but I can assure you that if I need to "discuss anything" it will be with my doctor.

Wow...what just....wow....

Because she is a woman she must be planning to breed? Are you living in the 1950's? Not everyone with ovaries is focused on procreating.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    A girl at work keeps trying to get me to do those stupid beach body challenges on Facebook. I'm waiting for to ask me in real life why I haven't done any of them so I can say, "Are you calling me fat?!"
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I really have to restrain myself in my feed with all my friends selling Isagenix, Thrive, ItWorks, etc. Of course you are going to lose weight on those things, you have no more money for food.
    And don't get me started on the anti-GMOers and Keto-fanatics that have a demon food of the day post all the time.

I don't know, have you seen some of those keto recipes? I think I lost weight drooling over them.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Be careful, I've read on here before that these scamwoo people steal people's before and after pictures.

They want to use you because they know their junk doesn't actually work, but they want to make people think it does.

This is true @misskarne . it happened to me
  • mathiseasy
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

...um what?

Because she is a woman she must be planning to breed? Are you living in the 1950's? Not everyone with ovaries is focused on procreating.

Assuming you meant to quote the other girl?
    Yeah she had no idea if I already had kids or wanted kids or couldn't or whatever the situation. Only that I have pcos. I just...what?
    Aside from the general "what??!!" I'm no fertility expert but I'm pretty sure for some pcos women, it's not as simple as "just go low carb!!11!!"
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    HI All! I am a beachbody coach and i just wanted to respond briefly. Beachbody products (including Shakeology) are definitely not for everyone BUT as a coach, I really really try to help people lose weight. It honestly has been so rewarding to help over 300 people lose weight in about a year. It is true that I don't have any fitness/health background (in fact I'm an attorney) but the products themselves are designed by the experts and my customers just follow them (and I help them if they have questions). Again, it is totally not for everyone and I'm just as happy to see my friends and family lose weight with any program, I just wanted to respond that a lot of us coaches do really love helping people with their goals (and it's not just for the money).

Do you know how much of each ingredient is in those shakes ? Do you know how much of those " super foods " are really used in one shake ? Do some research and look at independent lab testing . you'll realize that your selling a low quality, over priced meal replacement shake .

None of these mlm products stand up to independent lab testing . they all use low quality proprietary blends . total waste of money.
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »

...um what?

Assuming you meant to quote the other girl?
    Yeah she had no idea if I already had kids or wanted kids or couldn't or whatever the situation. Only that I have pcos. I just...what?
    Aside from the general "what??!!" I'm no fertility expert but I'm pretty sure for some pcos women, it's not as simple as "just go low carb!!11!!"

Sorry, yes I did mean to quote the extremely ignorant assumption that was made about you.

I worry for the state of humanity sometimes and things like this do not help!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Do you know how much of each ingredient is in those shakes ? Do you know how much of those " super foods " are really used in one shake ? Do some research and look at independent lab testing . you'll realize that your selling a low quality, over priced meal replacement shake.

None of these mlm products stand up to independent lab testing . they all use low quality proprietary blends . total waste of money.

http://pharmadaddy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/shakeology-shaking-up-its-foundations.html?m=1
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me, too. A polite, "Thanks, but no thanks," has thus far been sufficient.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Then why not encourage them to sign up for MFP? It's free and you still get to help with their goals.

hi! I actually do encourage them to sign up for MFP:) It's a great addition to people who are drinking shakeology and/or doing beachbody workout programs. I think MFP is amazing!

And hopefully they visit the forums and are told they don't need the products and stop wasting their money.
  • lbg257
    lbg257 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

...um what?

...um what?
    AnvilHead wrote: »

My "restraint" consists of: they make one post about it and I immediately un-friend them. If I want to have sales pitches and advertisements forced on me, I'll watch television. I have zero tolerance for MLM scammers, wannabe "coaches" and their worthless products.
    AnvilHead wrote: »

• lbg257
    lbg257 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry sorry didn't mean to insult about the trying for a baby. You are correct I made a bad assumption:(. I think I'll stay off the forums as I really didn't mean to insult anyone! I really apologize if I did!
  • mathiseasy
    Options
    Sorry sorry didn't mean to insult about the trying for a baby. You are correct I made a bad assumption:(. I think I'll stay off the forums as I really didn't mean to insult anyone! I really apologize if I did!

Thanks for apologizing; I truly appreciate it.
    I'm not the forum police so don't let me keep you away!
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like beachbody workouts. I usually don't do a whole calendar or use shakology but I like to incorporate the videos into my fitness routine. I have had really irritating coaches contact me and ones who aren't as pushy. I have one MFP friend who is currently a coach. He isn't to pushy, has motivating things to say, and actually used MFP. If I want to order beachbody products I'll probably do I through him just because he seems reasonable. I wish all of them would be like that. If people irritate you on here, just de-friend them, tell them why (maybe they will learn something about their approach), and move on to what's important, YOUR journey to be happy and healthy. No big loss.
  • Natural_is_better
    Natural_is_better Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am doing so wonderful on eating & working out. I feel great! But I've noticed when i post workouts /or what I'm eating on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media. I keep getting recruited by "Coaches" for team beach body. They keep trying to sell me shakeology shakes. I am not interested in all that, 4 years go when i lost weight that *kitten* was popular. Now i keep getting asked to join because "I'm inspiring" i believe that hard work is made in the kitchen & gym. I lost 60lbs 4 years ago eating the calories set by MFP and eating good foods (veggies, whole grains, fiber etc) .... whats your thoughts on shakeology or beach body coaches?

I did not like them. They are herbal supplements disguised as a meal replacements! For smart people will not consume dietary supplements, they have to disguise it as the "healthiest meal of the day".

For over 5 years, I maintained a weight of 117-125 give or take..... I only wanted a meal replacement not lose weight at all!!!!!! while Drinking shakeology I gained 20lbs in 6 months! I destroyed all the progress I made in 5+ years. I worked out MORE than before the shake. I was very devastated because it was the heaviest I had ever been in my entire life! I allowed myself to be Brainwashed thinking I was gaining weight for other reasons not the shake. On a lighter not since discontinuing its use in December, I have lost 9lbs! Yay

I just want to warn you , you don't want to mess up all your achievements by adding In experimental powders into your bodies.

Here are more details about my horrible physical reactions and side effects to shakeology.
    I also offered a lot of testimonials from other people who were negatively affected by shakeology

Good luck to you!!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10355503/extreme-hormonal-imbalance-sharing-numerous-side-effects-from-shakeology-anyone-else#latest
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You could always not post what you are eating or your workouts on social media. They hopefully won't bug you if you don't post it.
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    MimiOfTheFraserValley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have some friends who've been Team Beachbody coaches for various lengths of times, & I really like them. I don't really know much about Team Beachbody as a whole, & I've never tried Shakeology, & so I'm not really able to give an opinion either way. All I can go by is what I've heard, & the people I know who've been involved in both have good things to say about it. It's been interesting to read opposing views here, as it's always good to get various points of view about things. :smile: