How could I gain a lb :(

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
Ok I've lost weight many time over 28 years big chunks small chunks etc
This is weigh in 7 and I lost 11.5lbs upto last week I have been 100% weigh measure everything I have been very active in the last month decorating and moving furnature walk 1-2 hours everyday
I'm 46 5,2 213lbs
How can I gain a lb on this weeks weigh in its not totm etc on no medication I just am abit confused , I'm on 1300-1400 calories a day.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Because weight loss is not linear
  • size102b
    Options
    I know I'm just sad
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    I know I'm just sad

If you know it isn't linear and this makes you sad, you might want to sit back and reevaluate why you are doing this. Rather than solely relying on the scale, take measurements and progress photos. Set fitness goals. There are so many other indicators of better health than just what the scale says.
  • size102b
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm doing this as I'm heavy heading to 50 and nearly died last year
    I don't measure every week as there's no change much week to week I measure monthly
    I will say since I had new contraceptive my weight loss is slow doctor says this happens :(

It's quiet hard to change 28 years of scale indications over night but I'm trying
    Thankyou
  • whoseintroubleagain
    Options
    Hell one pound over a week, I put on 1kg (2.2lb) over 1 day last week I weigh in every day now that was a depressing weigh in. Hope that makes you feel better :wink:
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Majority of contraception makes women gain weight, especially the pill form. If you read the slip that comes with the contraception you'll see that one of the side effects is "weight gain". Some of the contraception retains water and some makes you crave food.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining at the moment (actually , I'm trying to gain but upping the calories very gently to find my point of 1lb per week gain) and I can tell you that, based on daily weighing and measurements that my weight can fluctuate +/- 1kg (2lbs). I'm male, for ovulating female I'd expect that fluctuation to be greater.
  • size102b
    Options
    Hell one pound over a week, I put on 1kg (2.2lb) over 1 day last week I weigh in every day now that was a depressing weigh in. Hope that makes you feel better :wink:

I hope you lose it soon
    I know it's just 1lb you know it's not the amount it's the gain I am 100% and it's hard as I've lots to lose I know it has to be a lifestyle change just wish I could weigh monthly
    Tbh it maybe better as I'm doing all I can to lose it lol
  • size102b
    Options
    tripple7 wrote: »
    Majority of contraception makes women gain weight, especially the pill form. If you read the slip that comes with the contraception you'll see that one of the side effects is "weight gain". Some of the contraception retains water and some makes you crave food.

Yes your right
    It's mirena coil it happened last time had a new one after 17 weeks weightloss I then gained sts for weeks sadly I had to have another or I'd bleed to death after nearly dying last year

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    poo?
  • size102b
    Options
    I'm maintaining at the moment (actually , I'm trying to gain but upping the calories very gently to find my point of 1lb per week gain) and I can tell you that, based on daily weighing and measurements that my weight can fluctuate +/- 1kg (2lbs). I'm male, for ovulating female I'd expect that fluctuation to be greater.

Ahh so it's just our body's making it tough :)
    Thankyou makes me feel better in weird sense
  • size102b
    Options
    Thankyou for your kind replies
  • size102b
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    poo?

I wish no I've ibs d which makes me going a lot
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I know, it's frustrating. Happens to me too and it is so annoying when you don't feel like you deserve to put on, but on the bright side you might lose a wee bit more next week :smile:
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You could gain a pound of fat by eating around 3,500 calories over your maintenance level.

If you haven't done that, than it is unlikely that you've actually gained a pound of fat. Keep in mind that your scale does not measure only your fat level. It measures everything, including whatever fluid you happen to be carrying around. I think fluctuating fluid levels are responsible for most of my weight fluctuations.

If you are weighing daily, using an app or website that tracks your weight trends might be helpful because it smooths out those daily fluctuations to show you how your weight is trending. I use fitbit.com to enter my weight and trendweight.com to monitor. Both websites offer free accounts, and you do not need to have a fitbit to have a fitbit.com account.
  • size102b
    Options
    Poods71 wrote: »
    I know, it's frustrating. Happens to me too and it is so annoying when you don't feel like you deserve to put on, but on the bright side you might lose a wee bit more next week :smile:

Spot on it sounds ott lol I know it does but I'm just demoralised I know finding the right calorie intakes hard so not sure if it's that too much too little

Here to next week

• size102b
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    You could gain a pound of fat by eating around 3,500 calories over your maintenance level.

If you haven't done that, than it is unlikely that you've actually gained a pound of fat. Keep in mind that your scale does not measure only your fat level. It measures everything, including whatever fluid you happen to be carrying around. I think fluctuating fluid levels are responsible for most of my weight fluctuations.

If you are weighing daily, using an app or website that tracks your weight trends might be helpful because it smooths out those daily fluctuations to show you how your weight is trending. I use fitbit.com to enter my weight and trendweight.com to monitor. Both websites offer free accounts, and you do not need to have a fitbit to have a fitbit.com account.

Thankyou

No I ate 1100-1400 every day the last 7 weeks
    Been very active hours painting my house moving furniture walking 1-2 hours a day
    I was seriously ill last year so can only exercise gradually had 11 blood transfusions in 3 months last 3 in October
    I suppose I should be gentle on myself

I use Happyscale which is similar :)
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Take your power back from your scale, then. If you know you've been on target with your plan, then you know you haven't gained weight. Acknowledge that responding emotionally to the number on the scale isn't helping you to stick to your plan and achieve your goals - your daily weight can fluctuate due to factors other than fat gain. What can you do to stop yourself experiencing these feelings?
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can put on a 1lb drinking a mug of coffee.
  • size102b
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Take your power back from your scale, then. If you know you've been on target with your plan, then you know you haven't gained weight. Acknowledge that responding emotionally to the number on the scale isn't helping you to stick to your plan and achieve your goals - your daily weight can fluctuate due to factors other than fat gain. What can you do to stop yourself experiencing these feelings?

Your very right and it's been 28 years of thinking that I need to address
    I think weighing fortnightly is my first step which is a big one , I notice though most people are scale obsessed on mfp friends group everyone cheers loudest at big losses seems it's something we tend to do
    The tape measure should be my first friend

Thankyou for your help