ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options
I been hearing a lot about quest bars over there past year and finally decided to give one a try I was at vitamin shoppe yesterday getting more more meal replacements and decided to give them a look I see they have lots of flavors and low in sugar but then I noticed the carbs are pretty high 20 or so in most bars but then they have the net carbs im not too familiar with how the whole net carbs wore but im a diabetic and carbs is what we usually need to steer clear of . so any imput would b greatly appreciated thanks

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I was not impressed with the ones I tried. Very gritty.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a fan of them. I just don't think they taste good enough to justify the cost.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Not anymore. The last one I had tasted like chemicals (ok 'artificial chemicals' I guess, before everyone jumps on me about how everything is made out of chemicals).
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    NET CARBS = Total Carbs - Fiber... so if a bowl of cereal has 45 grams of carbs and of those 10 are fiber then your net carbs is 35, your body doesn't digest fiber.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Artificial sugar flavored chalk.
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    And yes - Quest bars really are that good... to me at least.
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    No. They're not. Not at all
  • donutbears
    donutbears Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought into the hype too. Tried em and couldn't have more than a bite. Tastes horribly artificial to me and the texture is weird.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love them!!! White choc raspberry, double choc chunk, choc chip cookie dough, mint choc chip....

*heads to pantry*
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like many of them. They are over-hyped, though. I like cookies and cream, s'mores, chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry the best. Oh, and apple pie. They are good for a snack if you're on the run. Sometimes I will eat one for dessert.
  • JACave21
    JACave21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Very overrated IMO
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I've only tried 2 because I had free coupons. I did not like them well enough to try any more or spend money on them. Very weird texture and the flavor was only so-so.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I know some people rant and rave about them, I however, hate them. I find them barely edible. I think they are too artificially sweet and leave a horrible after taste. The texture is disgusting (yes I have tried them warmed up and have tried different flavors).
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Nope. Couldn't get past the first bite.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    No... they are horrible. I'd rather eat food that tastes like food instead of an oddly textured, compressed bar.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    The only bars I eat are the premier protein or fiber snack bars. And they cost half of what a quest bar costs. Check them out.
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yak.

I hate the stevia/sweetener aftertaste. But other than that- the texture and density is on the better end of the spectrum for a protein bar.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    NET CARBS = Total Carbs - Fiber... so if a bowl of cereal has 45 grams of carbs and of those 10 are fiber then your net carbs is 35, your body doesn't digest fiber.

thanks for the breakdown
  • mikejdeleon85
    Options
    I was not impressed with the ones I tried. Very gritty.

yea I just tried my first one the strawberry cheesecake and not too impressed
  • mikejdeleon85
    Options
    The only bars I eat are the premier protein or fiber snack bars. And they cost half of what a quest bar costs. Check them out.

thanks ill do that