edited March 2016
    Options
    Let's see if this works...

exercise.png
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 "Isn't the flying pig one with bacon?"

Im not sure, ran it before, and do recall big crowds, kids passing out redtwists and girl scout cookies. But dont recall bacon. It was one of my most favorite 2-3 marathons of the 25 I have done. Its a challenging course, but worth the effort.

• Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Slow going, but I am determined to get to my goal this month.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    rune1990 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ If you haven't heard of it, there is a wash you can put on your old gear to revive the waterproof/resistance back to new. Wont fix your zipper, but might keep you dry! And really, whats up with no hood, or water resistant pockets on rain resist coats!
    @rune1990 Thanks - glad I'm not the only one with that opinion regarding hoods and pockets, I was starting to doubt it when I was looking at all these no-hood, pocketless rain jackets out there :)
    I had a look at the special wash stuff, but the ones I found said you had to put the jacket in the drying machine afterwards to "activate" the water proofing. I don't have a drier, and the nearest laundromat is quite a bit of a drive away and has impossible opening hours (9-12 and 14-18 - happens do be when I work, too...).
    But I might take the jacket with me the next time I visit my parents and throw it in their washer + drier. If I'm lucky, I could talk my mother into fixing the zipper on her sewing machine too ;) Then it would be worth the money for the special wash and I'd have a spare rain jacket to keep at their place for runs when I visit them.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    As promised, I did my 3 miles over lunch. Average pace of 9:42 per mile: 10:20, 8:54, and 9:52 (if you don't count the ~30 seconds I spent waiting at stoplights--I think I hit every single one wrong today).

46.8 of 100 miles completed for the month.

Upcoming races:

3/20 - A2A Marathon (Ardmore, OK)
    5/14 - Fleet Feet Half Marathon - Four Seasons Challenge #1 (Tulsa, OK)
    7/4 - Firecracker 5K - Four Seasons Challenge #2 (Tulsa, OK)
    9/17 - The Q Doubler - Quarter Marathon + 5K - Four Seasons Challenge #3 (Tulsa, OK)
    11/5 - Jenks Half Marathon (Jenks, OK)
    12/17 - Rudolph Run 5K - Four Seasons Challenge #4 (Tulsa, OK)

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    6awpfz13smsi.jpg

@skippygirlsmom I think this captures me perfectly. Thanks for the laugh!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    did 34 minutes of HIIT instead of running...I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing run tomorrow after that

and I'm jealous of all you folks who can do 20+ miles in a week. I'm hoping to be there by june......6 MPW to go to get there
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So feeling very anxious. First race of the season tonight and also will be my first race ever without my running buddy!! I'm planning on treating it like another training run so it'll be slow and steady, really more of a test race for my relay in April. I hate the pre-race jitters...
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    So feeling very anxious. First race of the season tonight and also will be my first race ever without my running buddy!! I'm planning on treating it like another training run so it'll be slow and steady, really more of a test race for my relay in April. I hate the pre-race jitters...

What distance?
  • Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    11/3: 3.2 Miles
    13/3: 5.0 Miles
    14/3: 3.7 Miles
    16/3: 3.2 Miles

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Amen. I have 2 races this weekend. I think why in the world did you sign up for that?

Totally Mental- "I'm ready-oh no a pain, I've got diarrhea-oh no I'm constipated, I'm dehydrated-oh no I've drank too much. I ate too little- I ate too much.... " Ugh..

Good luck tonight! I'm sure you'll do great! Mantra- I'm strong, I've trained, I can so do this"
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    rjmqk3 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ and @Elise4270 I will try going slower or alternating run/walks. Part of the problem is I run with my husband and he is SO STINKING FAST! Perhaps I will have to fly solo a couple times a week to work on distance. Thank you for your input! I love this message board. So many good ideas and so much support and encouragement.

I can not run withy husband. He's faster, won't pace with me and it just causes anger amd anxiety. Last time he was badgering me about being slow, so I hit a sub 6 pace for about a quarter mile. Then injured myself. Find some gals to run with ;)

My husband and I can never run together either, because he is so fast. Sometimes he looks at my pace for a long run on Garmin Connect and says "Couldn't you walk faster than that?", not mean like, just confused that someone could be that slow and still be running. I wouldn't mind getting him to pace me for a 5 or 10km PR, one day though.
    @ceciliaslater Thought of you today out on a run.

20160315_170424_zpsyji7fjzm.jpg

Gah! I'm both excited and nervous...I know I won't do as well as if I had not gotten injured, but I'm confident that I can at least finish. Due to the injury, I'm letting go of my time goal and aiming for a "finish before they pack it in" race. Still hoping for under 5 hours, but I won't be too disappointed if I don't make it. There's always next time, right?

Skipped my run yesterday, as I was feeling a little weirdness in my right ankle and didn't want to risk it. And, to be completely honest, I was feeling tired and lazy when I got home. Feels good today, so I'm replacing today's scheduled 2 miler with yesterday's 3 miler over lunch. Next to last run before the marathon...

@ceciliaslater So excited for you! Good luck for your marathon!!
  • ceckhardt369
    ceckhardt369 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

What distance?

It's a 5k. Not ready for much longer distance that that yet. :smile:

Amen. I have 2 races this weekend. I think why in the world did you sign up for that?

Totally Mental- "I'm ready-oh no a pain, I've got diarrhea-oh no I'm constipated, I'm dehydrated-oh no I've drank too much. I ate too little- I ate too much.... " Ugh..

Good luck tonight! I'm sure you'll do great! Mantra- I'm strong, I've trained, I can so do this"

Thanks. I'm usually good to go before a race because I have someone to run with and we talk so much I don't have time to think about jitters lol.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

5k is long enough. Good luck

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    01/03 3.5miles
    02/03 3.5miles
    04/03 3.5miles
    05/03 3 miles
    07/03 3 miles
    09/03 4.5miles
    11/03 5 miles
    12/03 3.75miles
    14/03 3.5 miles
    15/03 3 miles
    16/03 3.5miles

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

5k is long enough. Good luck

^^^ I agree! Good luck @ceckhardt369

@kristinegift - my pleasure :smile:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    rjmqk3 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ and @Elise4270 I will try going slower or alternating run/walks. Part of the problem is I run with my husband and he is SO STINKING FAST! Perhaps I will have to fly solo a couple times a week to work on distance. Thank you for your input! I love this message board. So many good ideas and so much support and encouragement.

This is fairly common among couples who run, that the man runs considerably faster than the woman.

I follow a discipline of paced runs for part of my schedule, where I pace at a target of 8:30 per mile. I have a running buddy who runs the 8:30s with me, and when we're alone he'll push the pace to 8:00 or even faster, though I do try to slow him down if he gets to 7:40 or so. Yet, when he runs with his wife he needs to run a 10:30 or 11:00 pace. He has learned to do this, but I have no idea how. Maybe he limits it to 3 or 4 miles.

FWIW, when she paces his runs she's on a bicycle.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    https://unitedrelay.org/
    Would anyone be interested in doing this? I was thinking we could maybe do it as our MFP Challenge group, or maybe individuals could "team up" in their states etc. The cost isn't out of this world and it looks like it benefits enough charities that most of us would be happy to help. **I don't know anything about the organizer or some of the charities...I got it in my email inbox and thought I'd pass the info along**
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Had a recovery planned today and my new watched told me to run in Z2. That means under 130 Bmp for my watch. Turns out I can't run under 130 bmp. I just...can't. I slowed down as much as I could at some point I could walk at that pace but my heart rate wouldn't drop bellow 130 bmp. I have a feeling my zones are set wrong :)))
    I have cross training tomorrow so I'll head out to the gym and do some elliptical or bike and some MASSIVE stretches. Also it went alright today. I decided I can run if it doesn't hurt or if my form isn't affected. My knee wants to fold completely but I can't do that on slower pacing and if I do it hurts after running without folding shins so I don't. Strange enough a stretch for IT band fixes my any lingering pain. So I just did that for 20 minutes and the whole gym was looking at me while I was doing what seemed like hip breakers. Then I did some squats and some training for my abductors and abductors and something for glutes. Also some planks

Does anyone know good stuff for core training except planks?

.....Date.....Distance...Pace (min/km).........................Random thought of the day
    March 01 - rest
    March 02 - 5 km............(4:42).........Stop bouncing like Bambi you idiot you gonna kill your knees
    March 03 - 7 km............(6:00)............................Bend at the ankles not the waist.
    March 04 - 3.5 km.........(7.46)....................A metronome app helps with your cadence
    March 05 - rest
    March 06 - 15 km..........(6:00)............Need to taper long run next week but don't want to
    March 07 - 5 km............(7:08).........................,.............Treadmills suck
    March 08 - rest(4k walk)
    March 09 - 3 km............(6:00).................................Treadmills really suck
    March 10 - dead
    March 11 - dead
    March 12 - dead
    March 13 - dead
    March 14 - 4 km.............(4:20).......................Turns out I'm quite good at biomechanics
    March 15 - rest
    March 16 - 4.4 km..........(6:50).................I can't do this any slower watch leave me alone

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run (registered)
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest (registered)
    15/05: Bucharest Half Marathon (need to register till march 31)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 I like Swiss ball work for core strengthening.