ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,643 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    I've only tried the double chocolate chunk ones and I think they're much better than most of the other ones I've tried but they are too expensive for me to eat often. I do like the Power Crunch Protein Energy Bars. They are a wafer texture, 200 calories 12 grams of fat 13 grams of protein 1 fiber 5 sugar.

I recently tried both the vanilla and peanut butter power crunch bars and LOVED them but they're awfully light (because of the wafer thing) so I'll only eat them if I want a candy bar. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My favourites are the cookie dough, cookies n cream and double chocolate chunk, microwaved for 15 seconds.
    I didn't like the raspberry cheescake type flavours, they were the ones that had that sickly sweet aftertaste to them..
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Much better like that

No they really aren't they are still nasty, but now warm and nasty.

Lol, I tried one for first time yday and I have never tasted anything so awful.

I wouldn't even eat it if it had cheesecake on top and that's saying something for me.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    nooooo. chalky, gritty, and i despise artificial sugar taste more then anything.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the insight ye the one I tried today I was really disappointed I had the cheesecake I may try another flavor before I count these completely out.

I was just looking for anot her meal replacement or snack cause the shakes have gotten repetitive and my snacks are usually fruit , peanuts , or fiber one ,kashi, nature valley bars and those all are SO HIGH in carbs and with high fructose corn syrup and hardly any protein or fiber .

So that was the reason I was looking into protein bars
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the insight ye the one I tried today I was really disappointed I had the cheesecake I may try another flavor before I count these completely out.

I was just looking for anot her meal replacement or snack cause the shakes have gotten repetitive and my snacks are usually fruit , peanuts , or fiber one ,kashi, nature valley bars and those all are SO HIGH in carbs and with high fructose corn syrup and hardly any protein or fiber .

So that was the reason I was looking into protein bars
    Lara bars protien ones are yummy but they are usually 250 or more calories because they are sweeten with fruit. Or thr regular cliff bars. I would suggest going back to the protein bar section and buying several different kinds that meet your nutrition requirements. And like I said before quest bars so much better heated up so are so other bars

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I really like the mint chocolate Quest bars. Other flavors I don't like as much.

Quest bars are high in fiber, so the net carbs are actually pretty low.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Whatever they use in pretty much all these bars to sweeten them makes my intestines very angry. It's weird because I drink a coffee everyday with sweet n low in it, but one protien bar and things get real. Of course, I also just found out I'm mildly allergic to most nuts and soy so maybe that's it. They tasted just ok. I used to really like the Kind dark chocolate cherry bars for taste. However, I'm pretty sure those have honey and not that great on protein. More like a candy bar...so yeah. Go with candy bars.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars, I eat one every day. I usually wait for specials online and then order a ton of them
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Whatever they use in pretty much all these bars to sweeten them makes my intestines very angry. It's weird because I drink a coffee everyday with sweet n low in it, but one protien bar and things get real. Of course, I also just found out I'm mildly allergic to most nuts and soy so maybe that's it. They tasted just ok. I used to really like the Kind dark chocolate cherry bars for taste. However, I'm pretty sure those have honey and not that great on protein. More like a candy bar...so yeah. Go with candy bars.

Sugar alcohol is used, which is different than artificial sweeteners like Sweet 'n Low. Sugar alcohol gives some people the runs, especially in higher quantities (think of sugar free gummy bears).
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Didn't like it.
    Do like the Oh Yeah bars.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer mine blended into a smoothie that has frozen banana and raspberries so it goes cold. I like the texture and it feels like eating decadent ice cream. That said, I only like 3 out of the flavours
    if I was going to blend them I would just use protien powder...but havent tried it so I wont knock it lol
    Which 3 flavors?

I use protein powder too. My diary is open if you want to see my smoothie combo.

I like double choc chunk, mint choc and the white choc and raspberry is my favourite.

As someone mentioned about them not blending well, I like the texture it brings to the smoothie, hence my comment about it being like an ice cream
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I never understood what all the hubbub was about....
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Tried quite a few flavors at first. Didn't care for any of them except the white chocolate raspberry, which I like a lot.
    So I always have a box of white chocolate raspberry on hand.
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love the double chocolate chunk flavor and I like the 20 g of protein. Not big on the aftertaste but its not so bad.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    They are overpriced. But, I do really like the Cookies N' Cream flavored bars. I tried the Double Chocolate Chunk but it was only okay. I keep a small stash of those and the Larabar bars (I like the Peanut Butter Cookie and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip options) on hand for a desert/evening snack if I'm still short a few hundred calories and want something sweet/treat-like, or if I'm on the go and need an easy portable snack to take with me. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
  • MAB0218
    MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love them..10 seconds in the microwave..nom nom
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to try different bars and I did find that these were the best (nutritionally) that I could find without spending an arm and a leg (availability also depends on your location). But I have to agree that some of them are chalky and tough to swollow flavors. I like the brownie and double chocolate (it's also my chocolate fix for those days). I'm also a fan of the white chocolate raspberry ones but I'm a huge fan of that flavor combination.

What I did was got one of any flavor I thought I would like when they were on sale, so I can try and find which ones I liked (if any). Not sure where you are located but in Midwest we have Hy-Vee and they usually have them on sale plus fuel saver with them so that's a prime time to try them.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I prefer the DIY version: just taking some old cardboard, and soaking it in a blend of sacrificial orangutan blood, industrial agricultural waste by-products, and a nice melted laxative suppository and topping it off with some stevia and whey protein powder. Yummy.

[in other words: heck no. give me whey protein powder + fruit + liquid in a blender anyday over that crap]
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    No. They're disgusting to me. I've tried many flavors and didn't find one that I liked.