Diary input?

Options
Hi, I hit a plateau with my weight loss and have decided to follow Joe Wicks (The body coat) plan. It focuses on low carbs days when not working out and higher when you do etc which makes sense. However some of the meals are higher calorie than I would usually go for. And the meals don't fit in with my mfp macro goals. They out me way over on my fat and often under on carbs. I'm wondering whether this is safe and healthy or just another fade. Please feel free to look at the first few days I've planned in my diary (Thurs-sat) and give me any feedback on whether this is a healthy way to eat.

Replies

• clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hit a plateau with my weight loss and have decided to follow Joe Wicks (The body coat) plan. It focuses on low carbs days when not working out and higher when you do etc which makes sense. However some of the meals are higher calorie than I would usually go for. And the meals don't fit in with my mfp macro goals. They out me way over on my fat and often under on carbs. I'm wondering whether this is safe and healthy or just another fade. Please feel free to look at the first few days I've planned in my diary (Thurs-sat) and give me any feedback on whether this is a healthy way to eat.

*meant body coach lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It doesn't look like it's unhealthy or unsafe, but it isn't really going to make you lose weight unless it helps you create a larger deficit. How long were you not losing weight when you decided to try this diet?

EDIT: Looked at your previous entries vs. the planned ones, the calories aren't that different. It looks to me like you'll continue to maintain on this plan. How do you log calories burned through exercise in advance??? Be careful of your exercise calories, they look really high to me (looking at Sunday). Your days are kind of all over the place. Maybe you should try to pick a goal and stick with it, so not to overestimate calorie burns. Try 1600? Also if you have your Fitbit linked to your MFP account, don't log your exercise separately. You're double doing it.
  • clafairy1984
    Options
    It doesn't look like it's unhealthy or unsafe, but it isn't really going to make you lose weight unless it helps you create a larger deficit. How long were you not losing weight when you decided to try this diet?

EDIT: Looked at your previous entries vs. the planned ones, the calories aren't that different. It looks to me like you'll continue to maintain on this plan. How do you log calories burned through exercise in advance??? Be careful of your exercise calories, they look really high to me (looking at Sunday). Your days are kind of all over the place. Maybe you should try to pick a goal and stick with it, so not to overestimate calorie burns. Try 1600? Also if you have your Fitbit linked to your MFP account, don't log your exercise separately. You're double doing it.

I use my fitbit to log exercise, but for now I have added roughly what I burn each workout to give me an estimate for meal planning. I will use the furniture results on the day and remove the estimate so that's it's more accurate. My estimates though reflect what fitbit usually does. I do some intense workouts though
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I use my fitbit to log exercise, but for now I have added roughly what I burn each workout to give me an estimate for meal planning. I will use the furniture results on the day and remove the estimate so that's it's more accurate. My estimates though reflect what fitbit usually does. I do some intense workouts though

Well, if you aren't losing weight, you're eating at maintenance. So your calories in and/or calories out calculations are off somewhere. Changing the type of foods you're eating won't help unless by changing them you create a calorie deficit.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Agreed, just lower your calories some and you will lose.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Why do you expect it to match MFP macro goals when it's a low carb plan? And if you take carbs out, you have to put either fat or protein in, so of course those numbers are going to be higher. But there are lots of people on here who eat low carb, and lots of people who eat almost no carbs... and I haven't heard of it killing anyone yet, so you are probably not going to be the first.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fat and carbs are pretty interchangeable. You need both, but once you hit some reasonable minimums (say, 20-30g of fat, 50g carbs as examples) then you can sort of do what you want with the rest of your calories.
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. Although the fats are pretty high, many are healthy fats. I don't know your height and weight, so I don't know how many you should be eating for your size, but for me, 1900 calories a day is way too much to actually lose. One day I saw your goal was in the 1900s and another the 1500s. You may want to lower your calories to a specific number per day and aim for it consistently for a week. Try 1500 for a week, and see how that goes. Again, I don't know the specifics of what your height and weight are, so this is an uninformed piece of advice.

What does your exercise look like? I hit a plateau for about 2 1/2 months once. I tried everything, and I couldn't get it off. My weight did not change until I upped the intensity of my workouts. I had been walking for an hour everyday, but I could carry on a conversation on the cell phone as I did. It took little energy. It wasn't until I began power walking or jogging that the intensity was increase and then I was able to lose weight. Food is 80% of weightloss; however, if you are going to exercise, be sure you maximize what you are doing for good results.

Good luck. I hope it helps.
  • clafairy1984
    Options
    I looked at your diary. Although the fats are pretty high, many are healthy fats. I don't know your height and weight, so I don't know how many you should be eating for your size, but for me, 1900 calories a day is way too much to actually lose. One day I saw your goal was in the 1900s and another the 1500s. You may want to lower your calories to a specific number per day and aim for it consistently for a week. Try 1500 for a week, and see how that goes. Again, I don't know the specifics of what your height and weight are, so this is an uninformed piece of advice.

What does your exercise look like? I hit a plateau for about 2 1/2 months once. I tried everything, and I couldn't get it off. My weight did not change until I upped the intensity of my workouts. I had been walking for an hour everyday, but I could carry on a conversation on the cell phone as I did. It took little energy. It wasn't until I began power walking or jogging that the intensity was increase and then I was able to lose weight. Food is 80% of weightloss; however, if you are going to exercise, be sure you maximize what you are doing for good results.

Exercise wise, I do an hours HIT sports based cardio twice a week, hour weights 3 times a week, and a body combat class once a week. I walk everywhere, so at least 30 mins walking every day. The days I eat bigger clothes are days I burn 900 plus calories from activities, based on fitbit results
  • clafairy1984
    Options

Exercise wise, I do an hours HIT sports based cardio twice a week, hour weights 3 times a week, and a body combat class once a week. I walk everywhere, so at least 30 mins walking every day. The days I eat bigger clothes are days I burn 900 plus calories from activities, based on fitbit results

Sorry for typos, I don't eat clothes lol, meant calories