Who still eats at Chipotle?

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
I heard no one really goes there anymore since the Norovirus outbreak. Did they have an e.coli outbreak as well?! Yikes.

In the past month I've received 3 coupons for a free burrito and I've gone twice. No lines at all. And just last week, a group of Chipotle employees near Boston came down with the Norovirus. :persevere:

That's kinda sad. As far as fast food goes Chipotle was always a good option. Vegans and vegetarians would take a hit if Chipotle ever goes under. Chipotle also has a cult following among the fitness community.

Thoughts?

Do you still go to Chipotle? Don't care what happens to them?

Replies

• ajgonzo1123
    ajgonzo1123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have never been a huge fan but I remember reading on ABCnews that the popularity among college students actually increased by a percent or so. However, popularity with the other demographics have all declined tremendously.

I know a couple of my friends still go religiously but they fall under the fitness cult you are speaking of.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I do. I love it. The outbreak doesn't freak me out, that could have happened at any restaurant.

I don't like to see any business fail. I hope they can come back from it.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Isnt it also the chain that had the biker shoot out a few months ago?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Isnt it also the chain that had the biker shoot out a few months ago?

If you're talking about the one in Waco, that was a place called "Twin Peaks."
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    LOL - sorry but both Waco and Twin Peaks have a particular association for me - both weird!!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Meeeee
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I went for the first time a few weeks ago. I was seriously underwhelmed. I'd rather go to the local taqueria. Tastier food at much better prices.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I ate it about a month or so ago.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten there so I have nothing against them and I'd hate to see their business go under because they really tried in the beginning to have the freshest and highest quality food. The recent food-related illnesses are unfortunate so they really need to get that under control, but in my opinion, it could happen at any restaurant at any time and with just about any food at the grocery store.

We're at the mercy of the restaurants and food industry to handle food properly and with clean hands and utensils, but there's no way of really knowing that they are all doing that.
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do :)
  • dmbedard
    dmbedard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle - especially their chicken.
  • mcphersonian
    mcphersonian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I go at least once a week. never had an issue.
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have actually never been. It just.. idk.. It never appealed to me?
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I still eat there 1-2 times a week. I love their food, it fits my macros, and they haven't poisoned me (yet). To be honest, Jason's Deli actually did poison me a few years back, but they never made the news. As others have pointed out, this could happen at any restaurant.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is a godsend when my friends want to go out to fast food and I'm trying to figure out how I can eat without looking like a crazy person or spending a ton of time weighing my options. The outbreak was overpublicized in my opinion - think of how many people go to your local Chipotle a day, then think about that the e. coli outbreak was 55 people in total. Out of the whole country. The norovirus case was I believe around 100.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in a long time. There's one in my store's parking lot and I'd occasionally go there on my lunch break. Then my store went through a remodel, the side closest to Chipotle (where I usually park) was closed and it was too much hassle to get out there. And by the time it was done, it was starting to get colder and all their problems began happening. I might go tomorrow. I received a free coupon in the mail last week, and a chicken burrito bowl certainly sounds good.

They don't seem quite as busy as before the outbreaks, to me. And when the Panera that's under construction opens this spring, I'm sure it'll be even less.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have been a few times, it's ok but nothing great.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do! While I love that I haven't had to stand in a long line in awhile, I hope they bounce back very soon. I love a good chicken bowl with a side of guac and chips :#
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Never been. There has never been one close enough to where I live to be worth bothering going to. Strange thing is that I live in one of the largest MSAs in the US.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I havent been there in a long time either. Cant make the amount of calories fit. I just went to their website, built a burrito, a burrito bowl and a salad and nothing came out lower than 815 calories and the burrito i built was 1200 calories!! Insane!!