Who still eats at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The nearest one to me is two hours away, so I didn't go often. But I used to make it a point to stop when I was near one. I do not anymore... Sad, because it was pretty darn good.
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I stopped going. I used to eat there regularly but stopped going before the outbreaks happened, I just thought the quality wasn't as good as it used to be at the one I frequented. Then I heard about people getting sick, which made me weary. Then I heard more and more cases pop up. I live in the Boston area and unfortunately what happened recently is not the first time it's happened in this area at a Chipotle, I won't be eating there again.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    their recent problems doesn't stop me. My need to eat the whole freaking burrito bowl does. That and the price. But I LOOOVE it and would take my chances on a cheat day for sure.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Still go. I just split my bowl in half and make it 2 meals. I also get the guac on the side so I can control how much I eat and my husband eats the rest with his chips (lucky tall men getting so many calories). Delicious, nutritious, and my little picky girls will eat there happily too. That combo makes Chipotle one of our favorite places to eat.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Chipotle was very loud about being anti-factory farming and released an animated short. They raised the hackles of the largest meat processors in the country. And then suddenly there are all these nasty outbreaks. Hmmmmm....

I don't know but I do love a good conspiracy theory!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Tucking into a barbacoa bowl as I read this. Mmmmmmmm Chipotle.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    I've been there twice. Once because I heard good things and wanted to try their chicken. It was too spicy for my taste so I haven't gone back except last Christmas when I accidentally bought 3 gift cards instead of 1 and walked in to see if they'd buy one of them back. (I sold the other to Santa Claus :))
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    x311Tifa wrote: »
    I have actually never been. It just.. idk.. It never appealed to me?

Same, I have a gift card even and still haven't gone. It's not exactly close to home for me, and I guess I'd rather go to taco bell. I hate getting out of the car for food that I want to take home with me.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    It's a staple of my diet but I haven't gone recently as they weren't any near my travel locations. Thanks for reminding me about the coupon for a free meal sitting here on my desk.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    In my location? Everyone. But personally I don't go there.

IIRC the franchise restricts how many locations can be within a certain area/ how close they can be to each other. What this causes around my area is nearly constant out the door and around the building lines.

How safe can the food handling really be when the workers are constantly rushed like that?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I go all the time. I also go to Jenni's Ice Cream that's been closed 2x for Listeria. It's nice now though, both are much less crowded. LOL
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm in an area that's filled with great taquerias and independent food establishments, so I don't find myself going there often.

When I do, I've always liked it. Seems like food contamination was inevitable, really. The only way you can prevent that kind of thing is to have super processed dehydrated food like Burger King. That junk doesn't get contaminated because it doesn't even have the water content to support bacterial growth.

I've also gotten a stomach bug from salads bought from the supermarket. 50 people from a national chain doesn't seem like a big deal.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:

You have too many high calorie items. If you kill the guac, you'd save 230 cal. Since I love guac, what I'd do is bring that salad home, divide it in half, add lettuce, and make two meals out of it.

Plus you don't need to have both the rice and the beans in the same meal.

but who's going to go there and not get guac? Also when i go to a restaurant that is "Mexican" i want rice and beans or else why even go?

Their guac costs wayy too much for the amount you get. I never get it when I go, the calories/price just aren't worth it. I do get both rice and beans though, but that puts you at about a 500 calorie meal and the portions are big enough that I can eat 1/2 or 3/4 of it and save the rest for later. :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    x311Tifa wrote: »
    I have actually never been. It just.. idk.. It never appealed to me?

You're not alone!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I'm in an area that's filled with great taquerias and independent food establishments, so I don't find myself going there often.

When I do, I've always liked it. Seems like food contamination was inevitable, really. The only way you can prevent that kind of thing is to have super processed dehydrated food like Burger King. That junk doesn't get contaminated because it doesn't even have the water content to support bacterial growth.

I've also gotten a stomach bug from salads bought from the supermarket. 50 people from a national chain doesn't seem like a big deal.

Same here, to the bold. I prefer to support the locally-owned businesses as much as possible and have 3 really good authentic Mexican food places close to me that I frequent instead. Plus, they all have drive-thrus and I'm lazy like that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Their beef was a little too burnt for my taste.
    I prefer the barbacoa made from tongue I grew up with.
    Their carnitas was a little too spicy for my liking.
    I don't remember their chicken.

They have sofritas, but I'm not really interested in trying them.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:

Skip the guac and cheese. A 550 calorie, macro-friendly meal. Boom!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

You have too many high calorie items. If you kill the guac, you'd save 230 cal. Since I love guac, what I'd do is bring that salad home, divide it in half, add lettuce, and make two meals out of it.

Plus you don't need to have both the rice and the beans in the same meal.

but who's going to go there and not get guac? Also when i go to a restaurant that is "Mexican" i want rice and beans or else why even go?

If they didn't charge $2 for guac, I'd get it more often
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Skip the guac and cheese. A 550 calorie, macro-friendly meal. Boom!

I read that as macho-friendly.

Just felt the need to share. :)
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol... Chipotle is my plan for dinner tonight. :lol:

Edited to add:
    I usually go with a Veggie Bowl. I do half the amount of the rice and black beans (dry), extra veggies, pico, corn, and a *kitten* ton of lettuce. I would just order a salad but I hate the lettuce on the bottom of hot ingredients. I get the guac on the side so I can still have a little bit. I use extra salsa that I have at home as my "dressing" since I don't care for their mild or hot salsas.