Who still eats at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I havent been there in a long time either. Cant make the amount of calories fit. I just went to their website, built a burrito, a burrito bowl and a salad and nothing came out lower than 815 calories and the burrito i built was 1200 calories!! Insane!!

I have no idea what you're choosing to include, but the salad I get there regularly is about 380 calories. Yes, it's possible to build a total calorie bomb, but you can also get more reasonable stuff there. It's all about what you choose.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I havent been there in a long time either. Cant make the amount of calories fit. I just went to their website, built a burrito, a burrito bowl and a salad and nothing came out lower than 815 calories and the burrito i built was 1200 calories!! Insane!!

That's when they don't give you bigger portions too...

I went there once. Can do pretty much the same at home and have full control of what I'm eating, so I don't bother.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker that did the other day, and if I wanted to I would. It definitely takes up a greater portion of my calories than I like (500-ish calories for salad w/ quac if I remember right), but it's a tasty place.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    It's been a very long time, but I do love their salt-bomb tortillas as well as their chicken. I'm not worried from a health perspective any more than I am at any other fast food or fast casual restaurant.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My daughter and her friends go there a lot. I've never never gone there yet.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Nope. Moe's is better anyway.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    The lines are much shorter now, so easier to get in and out :)
  • Medalhead
    Medalhead Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chipotle's!! I'm down South (Houston) so no scares yet. But hey! no lines and if you do get something, it will just strengthen your immune system! haha
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That's when they don't give you bigger portions too...

I went there once. Can do pretty much the same at home and have full control of what I'm eating, so I don't bother.

If you make pork and beef that tastes like Chipotle's, I want your recipe!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love Chipotle! Still go whenever I'm close by to one!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good god no. They've had more problems than I can even count and they can't find the source of all the illness causing germs. Seems like there's a location being shut down every other week for some kind of issue or another. It's just a matter of time before someone dies due to their inability to provide a germ free product. I did really like them, but since they can't even figure out the source of the problem they have no way to fix it and I am not risking my health on a burrito.
  • kdelucio
    kdelucio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have gone back now, since I figure they are now probably more focused on healthy food preparation than most of the other restaurants. My chicken salad combination is about 450 calories (lots of lettuce, mild salsa, smaller portions of brown rice and black beans, and I skip the cheese and sour cream.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I went all the time when I worked near one. There's no longer one convenient to me, so I no longer go.
  • kshama2001
    Options

When I get a loaded burrito I make several meals out of it.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Been, never impressed. I've always been able to find local places wherever I'm stationed that have better food at cheaper prices. I will only go if I'm hanging out with a friend who insists - and most of the time, I can manage to bend them towards cheaper and better food.
  • kshama2001
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is a perfect example of how "healthy" doesnt equate to low calorie/weight loss. I went back and built the salad again with "healthy" items. 4oz. chicken(180 cal.), brown rice(210 cal.), pinto beans(115 cal.), fajita vegetables(20 cal.), fresh tomato salsa(20 cal.), cheese(100 cal.), guacamole(230 cal.), romaine lettuce(5 cal.) = 885 total calories :neutral:

You have too many high calorie items. If you kill the guac, you'd save 230 cal. Since I love guac, what I'd do is bring that salad home, divide it in half, add lettuce, and make two meals out of it.

Plus you don't need to have both the rice and the beans in the same meal.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Good god no. They've had more problems than I can even count and they can't find the source of all the illness causing germs. Seems like there's a location being shut down every other week for some kind of issue or another. It's just a matter of time before someone dies due to their inability to provide a germ free product. I did really like them, but since they can't even figure out the source of the problem they have no way to fix it and I am not risking my health on a burrito.

Yes, that is a good point.

When scientists are stumped that is a bit worrisome to me.

I have no fear of getting sick but I'd at least like to know what the source of the outbreak is.

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

You have too many high calorie items. If you kill the guac, you'd save 230 cal. Since I love guac, what I'd do is bring that salad home, divide it in half, add lettuce, and make two meals out of it.

Plus you don't need to have both the rice and the beans in the same meal.

but who's going to go there and not get guac? Also when i go to a restaurant that is "Mexican" i want rice and beans or else why even go?