Pizza calories -you think this is accurate?

Options
Hello,

So I'd like to eat pizza tonight and based on this -an extra large pizza with my toppings of choice comes out to

343.55 calories . Does this seem right? Doesn't it rather seem very low? LoL my evening shake I make at home is around 600 calories and Pizza (the first item) people on weight loss are asked to quit is 343 ?

Toppings and calories are

Crust 176
Sauce 24
Cheese 71
Feta 15
Black olives 20
Green olives 20
green pepper 2.5
Mushroom 3.5
Pineapple 3.5
Tomato 0.55

Approx 343.55 -since it's human made I know calories can go up and down a bit but still. Does this look right though?
Here is a pdf

https://order.dominos.ca/en/assets/build/images/img/products/ca/Canadian-Nutrition-Guide-Final-Secure.pdf

Last 7 days I've lost only 1 lb -so things are slowing down and I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd assume that might be reasonable for one slice of thin crust vegetarian. Though it still seems low.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no ones ever asked me to quit pizza LOLOL (course i dont eat much of it ANYWAYS)

looks about right i guess. when i do eat it, even if its homemade, i use an entry from one of the pizza chains, figuring it will be higher than a homemade one, anyhow.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    I can only keep a pizza that low in calories if I use a wrap for the base - even then a lean ham, pineapple and tomato with 40g cheddar comes in at just over 400. I'd re-measure.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No.

An extra large pizza is not 343 calories.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That looks like the nutrition info for one slice, and an XL has 10 slices.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh i was assuming it was one slice! a whole pizza at that number? no way.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Are these calories for a piece?
    Feta 15 - 15cal of Feta is about 5 grams. That is very little.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    That has got to be for a single slice.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The link shows that for an extra large, hand tossed, ONE SERVING is A TENTH of a pizza so multiply everything by 10. So your entire XL pizza will be roughly 3435 calories. Sounds about right. Also equal to about a pound of body fat :'(
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    PDF breaks it down into single serving size, so these numbers are based upon a solitary slice if they are following the PDF link.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It's hard to believe that it's just one slice of pizza.

I've provided the pdf that i've used to calculate. I'll read it again
  • viren19890
    Options
    OH DAMN! IT'S PER SERVING. I'VE CHEATED ON MYSELF WITHOUT KNOWING IT
  • viren19890
    Options
    So I would've lost more weight if it weren't for eating pizza over past several weeks -once a week. I've had 3-4 slices with ease DAMNNNN
  • viren19890
    Options
    that means my deficit is so big that even after inaccurately adding calories I was still able to consistently lose weight and drop in measurement size.

I'm not sure if I should be thankful or start not take a rest day today DAMN
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately when it comes to calories when it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The pdf states that the calorie amounts are per serving. And for an extra large that's 1/10 of teh whole thing, ie one small slice.

Enjoy!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    It's now been confirmed, but, yeah that's about it for one slice--and a relatively small slice at that. Costco pizza slices are around 770 calories per slice. That's a good benchmark.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That is PER SLICE dude.
  • elsesvan
    elsesvan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    So I would've lost more weight if it weren't for eating pizza over past several weeks -once a week. I've had 3-4 slices with ease DAMNNNN

:) Make your own. Use a scale an measure every item/ingrediants. Then use MFP to calculate exact calories. I make my own, from the sauce using fresh tomatoes, hunting the ham ;) (kidding) -and the pizza dough. It's a lot of calories in the pizza. My homade, which is strictly measured - the cheese,if it's mozarella or not are high on energy(calories)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You couldn't have really thought an entire dominos pizza was less than 400 calories?