Meal ideas for 1? Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've always found cooking for 1 really easy. I lost the majority of my weight when I was single and cooked every night for myself - it's much easier than having to deal with someone elses tastes. Enjoy this time! I know what I like, and I know what I want to eat. I've been cooking for 2 every night for the past 4 years and I'm still not used to having to think "what are we both going to like and how can I spin it to be heathy and tasty". It's rough.

Anyway. When I was single, I used my grill pan a ton. Lean pork chops, chicken, turkey burgers with no buns. I made a ton of stir frys. And crock pot meats (pork loins make amazing Carnitas in the crock pot, google recipes). Makes a ton and freezes well. Burrito bowls with black beans, brown rice and carnitas are my favorite. Load that boy up with good salsa, pickled jalepenos, light sour cream and 2% shredded cheese...YUMMY.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I was single I would cook almost everything in a toaster over. They are an inexpensive investment. About $35-$50. You can use it as a toaster or to even bake chicken. It heats up in no time so you can cook a chicken breast in at in about 20 minutes which is way faster than the big oven. Anything that needs an oven or to be reheated can be done in it. They are fabulous.
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I used to find rice pilaf pretty good when I was living alone. I could throw pretty much anything in.

I also liked baked eggs. Lightly fry onions, add chopped tomatoes, peppers, beans, basil, put everything in an ovenproof dish, crack an egg on top and place in the oven.
  • MyAffirmation
    MyAffirmation Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tin foil packs are great. You can throw together whatever you have, wrap it up in tin foil, and cook in the oven or throw it on the grill.
  • MegsHutch90
    MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to find rice pilaf pretty good when I was living alone. I could throw pretty much anything in.

I also liked baked eggs. Lightly fry onions, add chopped tomatoes, peppers, beans, basil, put everything in an ovenproof dish, crack an egg on top and place in the oven.

I've never heard of a baked egg, but that sounds fantastic. Thank you!