What is everyone doing for exercise?

Options

Replies

• RobertCotton
    RobertCotton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I am not having fun, I wont do it consistently. Since I am near 4 nature preserves here in Florida, I walk the trails as much as I can. They vary from 3 miles to 8 miles, but of course you can do them more than once. I am an amateur photographer, so I try to go on as many photo walks as I can, they are usually slow walks, but get the job done. You wouldn't believe how much you sweat walking through 6 miles of caves even at a slow pace to take pics. I also mix it up by getting together with a couple friends and mountain biking on some of the local trails too. I also bowl on 2 leagues a week, I have never really calculated how many calories that burns, but I know I get a good sweat going by the end of the night.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I alternate between crossfit training and linear PPL training in prep for my meet in a few months.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    Is not eating an entire cake and box of doughnuts considered exercise?

Of course, that and doing 12 ounce curls. ;)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I hike the mountains by my house, 3-5 miles 3-4 times/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, random shorter dog walks whenever the demanding lab isn't happy with her long hikes. For the next couple weeks, downhill skiing.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Daily yoga. So far it's the only thing that makes me actually want to exercise. I also go on walks a few times a week.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I run everyday (except thurs and sundays) and I lift weights (split 4 days). My running is all dependent on the race I am training for, so a little more or even less some months, but the lifting is constant.
  • jabjbab
    jabjbab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cycle everyday and everywhere (my bike is my car). I also do Muay Thai (thai kickboxing) with HIIT circuits, calisthenics, and movement training 3 times a week for 75 minutes. I will be going back to the gym to do weights once or twice a week. I do yoga, zumba, swimming, hiking, walking when the mood hits. I love to move and exercise and if I don't on a daily basis I get depressed and sluggish.
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just switched today from no more trouble zones to dumbbell workout on fitness blender. Going to do their kick boxing workout tomorrow, can't wait!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Walking only
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I train 6 days a week, today I'm doing
    Low bar Squats x4
    Leg press x4 TUT sets
    Lying hamstring curls x4
    Seated quad ext x3
    Seated calf raises x4
    Leg press calf ext x4
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I am still a bit limited after an injury a few months ago, so my exercise probably just looks like other people's normal day!
    Walking (taking kids to school, running errands, or just to get out for a walk)
    Swimming with the kids (they are at an age where I do get some swimming in - and it's good physio for my ankle too)
    Some Pilates workouts at home
    Exercycle at home (haven't tried the real bike yet!)

I am a beginner amateur photographer, so trying to use that as another reason to get out and find new places to go. I am still a little limited with the kind of terrain I can manage, but almost back to normal.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    300 caliries of cardio a day. Weights 3-4x a wk. planks and core exercises daily. Mike leisurely walk. Stretches daily.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm also a SAHM. I lift heavy(ish) 4x week and walk.
  • mrsf15h
    mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bodypump 3 times a week. Aqua fit twice a week. Swim twice a week. Walk the dog every day. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of circuits classes, they're all different exercises, for example Sunday is endurance, Wed is HIIT, Mon is core, Fri is boxercise etc. I also do PT sessions, gym sessions (treadmill, stepper etc), spinning, sometimes go for a run... I aim to do 4 sessions a week. In the school holidays (I'm a teacher) I do about 6 sessions a week. I work 4 days a week and usually get 10,000 steps just at work. I also have 3 kids (6, 4 and 22 months) and we go out a lot. Mon is my day off, so I do the school run, then take my little one out somewhere. In the school holidays we go out pretty much every day.
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting and other forms of strength training (exercise bands, etc)
    A lot of emphasis on bodyweight exercises -- pushups and pullups in particular
    Plenty of core exercises
    Plyometrics to increase my jumping ability
    Long runs during the weekends -- at least one 10-14 mile run, if possible
    During weeknights, more running in the form of interval training and tempo runs.
    Some general cardio work, such as jumping jacks, burpees, and kickboxing. Also includes HIIT.
    A lot of stretching and self-massage

I'm sure that there's some other stuff that I've forgotten to mention.
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Today I went cycling. Motorcycling. Granted, not a lot of exercise, but it was my first time out this spring.
  • daynaxxanne
    daynaxxanne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My work out schedule looks like this:

Monday and Thursday: Legs+Abs
    Tuesday and Friday: Arms+Abs
    Wednesday: Back, Chest and Shoulders+Abs

I try to incorporate cardio at least 3 times a week. I also usually go swimming on weekends (sometimes I swim laps, sometimes its just for fun) and I work at a job where I'll be on my feet for five hours straight (part time worker as I am still a student)
  • missycats2004
    missycats2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do water aerobics 6 days a week .. Swim laps and tread water 2 hours a day
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Daily, I try to hit my 12,000 step goal. My exercise regimen consists of:

1. Weights (5x5, 2x week)
    2. Elliptical (2x week)
    3. Jogging (2x week)
    4. Yoga (4-7x week)

Some weeks I may not achieve all of that or sub out a cardio session with BOSU balance work or yoga with Pilates reformer or core align work. Perhaps, I may simply walk. I just try to do something, even if it's 10-20 min; the variety has kept me consistent.