5'8" Women weight goal?

Options

Replies

• _angee
    _angee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 133 lbs. I don't have a set weight goal but my overall health tends to be better under 130 lbs. I mostly lift and do pilates + some cardio so I'm hoping I will eventually put on enough muscle to just overall be healthier and stronger :)
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 165. Started at 210. I have been everything from 118-218 over the years. At 165 and exercising I am a very healthy loose size 10, tight size 8 but everyone swears I can't be more than like 135. I get to eat some treats and have some beer here or there and that's the kind of maintenance I can live with. I'm 36, so for me to be 145 (that was my most flattering weight over the years and a comfortable size 6) I would have to always say no to a slice of pizza or an ice cream cone on a hot summer day or a pina colada on vacation, haha, not worth it!! People's bodies are just different and look different at similar weights. I think I look great at 165 and I'm excited to get there! Good luck to you and I support your goal :)
  • rippedhippie
    rippedhippie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BMI isn't the end all beat all answer but it is a good tool...140lbs for an average person.
  • knitstricken
    knitstricken Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and a half inches tall. Until yesterday, my goal weight was 155, but then I looked at various BMI calculators and it would seem (according to them) that 145 to 150 is what I should aim for based on my height and age. I'm giving myself two years to get there and I figure I'll let how I look and FEEL be the ultimate deciding factor.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    5'8" female with a goal of being either 140lbs or having a body fat percentage under 18%...ideally both!
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8" and my goal is 160. A few years ago I got down to 147 and it was impossible for me to maintain. And I look back at photos and i can see now that it was too low of a weight for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My goal is 140 but I am at 150 and pretty happy with that. I wouldn't mind staying around 150 but losing a bit more fat... Make those size 8's a bit looser.

OP you look great at 175! I'm 25 lbs lighter but if you put us side to side, you would be slimmer.
    b9d7b5671e33afe761f88d2c3f53feeccea4_thumb.jpg
  • hdonaldsonm
    hdonaldsonm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently at 169. I'm usually comfortable around 160 but 145-150 is my ultimate goal. I was as low as 135 in highschool and that was far too thin for my frame, I like having some curves.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Everyone has different proportions and muscle/fat ratio so 160 may look great and flabby on someone else. My goal is 160-170 as a 5'9" male with muscle so I don't see being less than 160 for a woman to be out of the question at all.
  • CelesseBoo
    CelesseBoo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" Just hit first goal of 13 stone, so that 182lbs. I have a few mini goals in between but next big goal will be 11 stone 7, (161lbs) as it takes me out of overweight BMI and into healthy. I have just gone into a UK size 16 but aiming for a UK size 14. I don't think my boobs will let me go much lower than that.
  • Ydd2109
    Ydd2109 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'9... i started from 240 lbs i went down till 160.. i have broad shoulders and even at 160 i looked pretty lean... in fact i didnt like how i looked.. so i came up to 170 and that i think made me look smarter.. So i think its about how you carry that weight and how would you like to see yourself.... concentrate on your BF%.

P.S in last 6 months have gained some weight due to erratic work schedule and my goal is to be back at 170...
  • reevess113
    reevess113 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (almost) and goal weight is 145. Started at 163. Down to 153 so far. My clothes fit better already and I don't have a huge amount of muscle, so below 150 is better for me.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    CelesseBoo wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" Just hit first goal of 13 stone, so that 182lbs. I have a few mini goals in between but next big goal will be 11 stone 7, (161lbs) as it takes me out of overweight BMI and into healthy. I have just gone into a UK size 16 but aiming for a UK size 14. I don't think my boobs will let me go much lower than that.

hiyah you will be surprised when you get there. I havent lost much boob but the band has gone down from 38 to 32. i had a target of size uk 14 but now wear 12 with some 10's. When it comes to coats and jackets though have to go up to get the zip to shut.

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    5' 8 and really not sure what my goal weight is. i want to see what number will give me a flatter stomach but then i dont want a figure that makes me look ill. so will slowly keep going and see what happens. started off 207 pounds currently 164.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I thought I was closer to 5'8" until I was measured at the doctors office recently....5'7.32"....o.O...Anyway, I'm 160 right now and still feel the need to lose ten or more pounds. I have muscles and a nice layer of fat on top that I'd like to say goodbye to. I've been 145 and did not look too small at all. Everybody is different and that might not be a healthy weight for someone else.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    First target is 80kgs (176lbs) and then we will see what needs to go after that! I don't actually know what I weighed when I looked the way I would like to look and feel again now as I was in my first home, and a set of scales wasn't high on the furniture to buy list!
  • lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8". when I was younger I was 120 (I played a TON of competitive basketball on multiple teams so all I did was run and jump lol) I looked sickly. When I was older I bumped up to 160 and I thought I looked healthy :) My goal is 160 again.... MAYBE get to 155 or so but the 140 range is just to much for me I believe :)
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'8 here. When I started losing weight, I figured 160 would be my end goal, because it seemed like a decent number to be. I'm 150 now, and am going for a bit more. 160 is a good number to shoot for, then reevaluate as to how you look and feel, then go on from there. (Am I happy here? Do I want to recomp? Keep going?) Have a good journey. :)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I personally believe the weight goal can vary hugely based on body shape. I am 5' 7.5" and 169 right now - I've been about 155 and I like that look, so that's where I'm headed. Honestly, though, I would be happy I think with 160, too. I have a large frame, wide hips - so I'll never be a size 2, ever. Even at 155 I was only an 8. Loose waist pants, tight on hips....so build matters, too. :)
  • mminer55
    mminer55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I am also 5"8 currently sitting at 166. I used to have this goal weight in my head of 150 and have realized in the past couple months that it is truly not realistic. I signed up for a Kettle Bell strength training 2 months ago twice a week, as well as play ball hockey, and hike with my dog. While I have gone down 4% in body fat, my weight has barely moved, while instead my muscle mass is going up. I have adjusted my new goal weight to 158-160. It is far more important to me to be strong rather than skinny. I am guilty of getting down on myself and thinking that I've been doing something wrong whether it's what I'm eating or how often I'm working out. However after using the food tracker and consulting with my trainer, I seem to be doing everything right. So it's just going to take time. It's a good reminder just to be patient but to keep eating healthy and kickin' *kitten* in the gym.