I need a fitness buddy....

Options

Replies

• nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    Ok everyone Nicolet04 talked me into joining so here I am. I did my 30 Day Shred this morning for the 2nd time since I got it. Still loving it!! I hope you all can help keep me motivated!! Thanks!

thanks for joining!!! u will luv it!! :drinker:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i got my workout in today....30 day shred X2!!! i posted a challenge for my biggest loser team so i think i will put the challenge on here also....a little different then the other challenge...but everyday for the rest of january, while watching tv (for 1 hour of tv) on commercials, run stairs, do jumping jacks, crunches or pushups!!! if you dont watch tv, walk the stairs while talking on the phone, do squats when doing the dishes, and when cooking dinner do lunges! good luck!!!:wink:
    Girl you do realize that my legs are gonna fall completely off don't you? LOL!!! Thanks for all your support and motivation!!

in 2 months u will thank me!!!:wink:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome Renae - nice to have you! I hope that we can all continue to motivate each other!!

I got my tread mill work out in along with some extra leg work - lunges, squats, leg lifts, etc & I did some ab work on the exercise ball! Today was a tough day to get movin but, as always, I'm glad I did! I feel so much better now!!

Can't wiat for the BL tonight!! I'll try to get some extra work in during those commercials! I really need to limber up so maybe I'll do some stretching! :drinker:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I'm in too. The more motivation the better. I come by way of Nicole and Renae through the BL challenge. I've done 20 minutes on my bowflex this morning. I'll add 30 to that tonight. I've walked 20 minutes to pick up my son from school. I am also going to atleast do 2 miles on my gazelle tonight.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your friendship and support!!!! it means the world to me!!!!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I worked out today! 30 minutes....160 calories. That was cardio. I don't know how to enter the weights though. I did them all on machines.
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Renae!! Welcome!!
    I actually watched biggest loser last night before i read everyones posts, and it is funny because i was totally exercising during the commercials! My hubby was like, doesnt this show make you want to exercise! Then my dad called to see what we were up to, and i told him watching biggest loser and he was like, i love that show it totally motivates me! How awesome is that!!
    Ok, im in for the challenge, although we dont watch alot of tv, I will totally do the squats during dishes or whatever!!!! Im in!
    Today I am going to do leg work, abs, and cardio, the uti is much much better, im just dying from pain from it being so dang cold! ( i have fibromyalgia and it is really bad when it is cold :( ) oh well. !!
    I will be just fine lol!
    Im so happy everyone is here and we are working hard together!!!
    im going to have a surprise for you guys soon, im still working on it but it will be fun!!!
    Love, Jaelle:heart:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    :heart: I LOVE SURPRISES!! :heart:
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    Its going to be a super fun surprise as soon as i get some money lol!!!

here is a stupid question: i was logging in my exercise for the day, and i logged in my squats and lunges, crunches etc and it goes on strength training and it doesnt show calories burned. only the cardio section where i walked and jogged is showing calories burned. Does strength training exercises not burn calories??????? ugh. lol.

like i said, stupid question. but oh well!!!
    i took nicoles challenge!!! I squatted and lunged during dishes and laundry, and then did my crunches and walked/danced in place to the awesome music on the radio ( they really play upbeat stuff in the morning to get ya going i think!) then ran in place for five minutes ( not much i know, but hey its a start!)
    I will try to continue to work on the challenge throughout the day because i dont think ive hit an hour yet!

Also, I came up with a neat way to track how many lunges, etc I have done. Im going to try and get it to look cool, then i will post a link here!
    Love everyone!!! My new awesome friends!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I hope you don't mind if i join you guys. I always start out strong and start to fade. But I can't be the only one so if I see you working out, it will motivate me to do the same!

I usually just lift weights 3x's and week and cardio 3x's a week. It's hard to log that so I don't think I will. Just as long as I am working out. The eating too is more important for me to track. I like the idea of working out during commercials.

I was watching the biggest loser as well (this is the first season I've watched) and I'm hooked! They really do get you motivated!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    Welcome Mandersen!!!!:flowerforyou:

This is my first season watching biggest loser too and im so inspired.

ok everyone, i am really stupid about computers, but i made up a little checklist that i use for my daily exercise now, and if you want to copy it, you can go to my blog http://momtothreebabies.blogspot.com/2009/01/exercise-checklist-for-fun.html

i have no other idea how to do it!!!!

Also, for those of you who are newer, we have a yahoo group going so join in the fun!!!!!

MFPWorkoutBuddies-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Invite your friends!! Lets work together and have some fun!!!!

Im sooo happy i did this, by the way, im meeting so many new friends. I need to go through everyone and add you to my friends list!!!!
    With Love, Jaelle
    momtothreebabies
    the dork that started this thread, ROFL:drinker:
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    I started a facebook group too, someone had suggested that earlier, i want us to all be able to be close and motivate each other!!!!!

im jaelle garner kaylor on facebook, and you can add me as a friend, then go to my groups and find the mfp fitness buddies one. im going to find a link, just a sec.

well, i cant figure it out, so just add me as a friend and either look on my groups or i can send you an invite!!!!!

Have an amazing day!!! I did my workout this morning, 40 lunges, 40 squats, 50 crunches, 50 pilates crunches, and 15 minutes walking, 5 minutes jogging ( working my way up, lol)

Im feeling really good. im wishing i would see some progress. ive only lost one pound since we started this thread. sheesh.

with love, momtothreebabies
    Jaelle
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hello Fitness Buddies!!! :bigsmile:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    well im feeling like crap today, cause me and my kids r sick....i really dont feel like working out, but i know i have too:huh: i just need to do it....easier said then done! i think i am gonna take a break from 30 day shred cause my knees r killing me!!! here i come...hip hop abs!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi fitness buddies.

I've missed you - thanks Jaelle for pulling me back.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've been having a miserable time this year with my sinuses - makes me feel like sleeping all day. :sick: :sick:

Today I managed to get in 25 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes on the recumbant bike - hill work for both. That is a pretty big day for me, so I am glad I popped those Advil and ignored the head.

Now I should be able to eat people food (not rabbit food) for dinner. :noway: :noway:

Hope you are all having a great day..

janiebeth
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get to the gym yesterday. Settled for a little walk with my dog. I love the encouragement, so I will get there today. (as soon as I get the family settled and fed) :wink:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Every little bit of work helps! Don't get too discouraged. Even the walk with the dog is minutes spent away from teh couch (that's my downfall).

I love facebook so I'll see you there momtothreebabies!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    well i got my workout in....it wasnt hip hop abs cause i am just feeling really drained. i did 1 hour on my staionary bike and hopefully later i will do another hour!!!
  • momtothreebabies
    Options
    ooh hip hop abs! that looks sooo fun! ROFL.
    Well, im off for now. I will see everyone tomorrow!
    Love, Jaelle
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    :heart: hi ladies! I've been doing pretty well eating / working out consistantly. I totally didn't want to work out yesterday because I was not feeling well and was really tired and at about 8pm I couldn't take it anymore and I went to the gym! It felt good to go and I'm not that sore today! It's good to keep it up!

oh yeah, I put on a pair of my jeans that wouldn't of fit me a week ago - today they fit! yay!