Plexus

Options

Replies

• lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for over 5 years and tried most EVERYTHING people told me, nothing worked. When people ask about using a supplement of some sort to help with weight loss, some not all, people on here make them feel horrible for even asking. I have tried uping calories, lowering calories, exercising more, less, doing a variety of exercises. Switching up what I eat. I even had a dietician and a doc trying to help. Nothing helped! Not everyone has the system to lose weight, EVERYONE is different. There is no right answer for everyone. But it just makes be so mad when people tell others NOT to use a supplement of some sort. The people saying this have no idea what the other person has going in with their body. Should you give your opinion, sure but telling others not to do something is just wrong.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lorinjer wrote: »
    I have been on this site for over 5 years and tried most EVERYTHING people told me, nothing worked. When people ask about using a supplement of some sort to help with weight loss, some not all, people on here make them feel horrible for even asking. I have tried uping calories, lowering calories, exercising more, less, doing a variety of exercises. Switching up what I eat. I even had a dietician and a doc trying to help. Nothing helped! Not everyone has the system to lose weight, EVERYONE is different. There is no right answer for everyone. But it just makes be so mad when people tell others NOT to use a supplement of some sort. The people saying this have no idea what the other person has going in with their body. Should you give your opinion, sure but telling others not to do something is just wrong.

Statistically speaking, the majority of us are the same and only a few our outliers. That is why they are able to develop formulas to estimate metabolic functions and total energy expended. And generally those that are different is because of medical issues.

I would ask, how many calories are you eating while on Plexus? Because I work with someone on it, and it's fairly low. And she ended up in the hospital a few times because of it.
  • lorinjer
    Options
    1200 to 1400 calories a day. Exercise 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week. No soda, no sweets
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

The Plexus was not magic. Nothing in it magically made you lose weight. It probably just helped you be more accurate with your calorie intake. We are saying that using Plexus was absolutely not the reason you lost weight. It makes me so mad when people think that supplements are magic when they are not.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I thought Plexus was a Sith Lord?
  • lorinjer
    Options
    Lol never said it was magic and no it doesn't keep me more accurate with my calorie intake. All I said was it has made something in my body start working again to help me lose weight. I agree supplements are not magic. They are to be used, if you chose, as an addition to everything else you are I am doing

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1200 to 1400 calories a day. Exercise 30 to 45 minutes 5 days a week. No soda, no sweets

How much are you losing per week?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Lol never said it was magic and no it doesn't keep me more accurate with my calorie intake. All I said was it has made something in my body start working again to help me lose weight. I agree supplements are not magic. They are to be used, if you chose, as an addition to everything else you are I am doing

It was caffeine. That's the only thing in it that is proven to actually do anything (well, other than the ingredients that are there for flavor).
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It's probably the placebo effect (in reality it's CICO)
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It does work for some, im one of those! Helped me stop drinking diet soda and sweets. I have lost pounds and inches. Being over 40 I needed something to boost my metabolism. This is working for me.

You stopped drinking soda and eating sweets because you wanted to. You obviously hadn't tried everything, because you hadn't given up soda and sweets before Plexus. Face it - it doesn't do anything for you. This is in your head.

Personally, I have WAY too many student loans to pay back to ever be able to afford the stuff.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I tell you what's magic. I log as accurately as I can I lose weight.
    I get lax with my logging I don't lose weight or I stay the same. MAGIC
    PlusI am over 40 too.

Anyone reading this post don't buy plexus or any other pill just roll your sleeves up and get on with logging. It's hard work but worth it in the end.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    P.s to answer the OP, nope not tried it
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I tell you what's magic. I log as accurately as I can I lose weight.
    I get lax with my logging I don't lose weight or I stay the same. MAGIC
    PlusI am over 40 too.

Anyone reading this post don't buy plexus or any other pill just roll your sleeves up and get on with logging. It's hard work but worth it in the end.

+1
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I thought Plexus was a Sith Lord?
    I like you.

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

There is nothing inherently special about any overpriced "diet" scam that you can't do on your own. If you think it worked for you, it's because it had some kind of placebo effect that made you think the product itself was what was causing your weight loss, when it was just you making positive changes for yourself to achieve what it said it could do for you. Keep up your exercise to keep you energy levels going and just eat the foods you like within your calorie budget and you will achieve the same benefits. For free, without any hype or false promises. And (this is the best part) you can take 100-percent credit for everythign you achieve! YOU made the decision to stop eating the things that were roadblocks for you. YOU made the decision to better your life and make these changes. YOU put in the effort and did it for yourself, not some magic supplement or drink or superfood fairy dust. I am not being mean, not knocking your intelligence or anything like that. You are better than what these scum artists are selling! The only meanness intended here is towards anyone or anything that tells you that you NEED them or you'll fail. All you need is yourself.

Do yourself a huge favor and stop letting some unnecessary, overpriced MLM junk product steal the credit that you deserve.
  • ikkin32dvs
    ikkin32dvs Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It really has for me. I have been on it for two months- I lost 10 pounds just prior when I started to eat gluten free (I have Celiac) then I have lost another 20 pounds in the last two months taking Plexus slim. I can show you before and after pics if you want!
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    ikkin32dvs wrote: »
    It really has for me. I have been on it for two months- I lost 10 pounds just prior when I started to eat gluten free (I have Celiac) then I have lost another 20 pounds in the last two months taking Plexus slim. I can show you before and after pics if you want!

well done on your weight loss
    what was your daily calorie intake whilst taking the plexus
    the amounts you quote are great but can be done without the Plexus
  • ikkin32dvs
    Options
    I havent really been tracking- have been eating less than before for sure. I know a lot is due to that but it helped me not crave pop or sugar which help me make wiser choices. Also going gluten free helped with taht as well because I can't just eat whatever I want anymore. I also just like the gut health aspect of the probiotic and the biocleanse and have more energy- I stopped drinking coffee altogether now (bc I love a lot of cream lol)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ikkin32dvs wrote: »
    I havent really been tracking- have been eating less than before for sure. I know a lot is due to that but it helped me not crave pop or sugar which help me make wiser choices. Also going gluten free helped with taht as well because I can't just eat whatever I want anymore. I also just like the gut health aspect of the probiotic and the biocleanse and have more energy- I stopped drinking coffee altogether now (bc I love a lot of cream lol)

Did you know that you can cut out gluten, cut down on soda/sugar, and take probiotics without overpaying for a gimmick and supporting a shady MLM company?
  • ikkin32dvs
    Options
    Yes I have lost weight before that way as well. This time was easier and worth it to me. I am actually eating way cleaner than ever before and have more energy than just eating better. If you don't need it or think its a sham then dont take it- I really like it and it has been helpful for me. I am not trying to sell to anyone here just sharing my actual results.