period munchies

Options
All. I. Freakin. Want. Is. Desert.

Lol I'm having a minor conniption. Someone talk me off the ledge!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Can u have an apple w a tablespoon of pnut butter?

Or just a bite of something sweet?

Can u fit something into your calories?

A yogurt?
  • HeyMissNya
    HeyMissNya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Can u have an apple w a tablespoon of pnut butter?

Or just a bite of something sweet?

Can u fit something into your calories?

A yogurt?

Thank you Miss Nancy! I didn't give in. Instead, when I logged off, I had a powwow with my boyfriend over a mug of tea, and the cravings kinda passed with the desperate moodswing. I survived! Thank you for your help. I have wiggle room in my calories, but I hate to give into temptation. I feel like if I let myself once, then I always will lol. Like a naughty child :p My appetite needs reigning in! Hehe
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Someone on MFP once recommended chocolate chips. They really do work for a period sugar craving. Eat one at a time.
  • jennyloie1
    jennyloie1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a bowl of strawberries, chocolate drizzle, and reddi whip. Less than 150 calories and delicious!
  • HeyMissNya
    Options
    TnZMom wrote: »
    Someone on MFP once recommended chocolate chips. They really do work for a period sugar craving. Eat one at a time.

Lol ONE?! ...one bag? The problem with me, is that if it's in my face, I will eat it. There arent any sweets in our house besides fruit, so for an hour yesterday I was feeling pretty hellish
  • HeyMissNya
    Options
    jennyloie1 wrote: »
    My favorite is a bowl of strawberries, chocolate drizzle, and reddi whip. Less than 150 calories and delicious!

I do love strawberries... I was craving Girl Scout Samoas or cheesecake, or Geman Chocolate ice cream from Coldstone. Idk why I needed caramel, chocolate, and coconut so bad, but I did!!!
  • momnom27
    momnom27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've tried keeping a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer, but I have no willpower. When TOM comes around, no sweets or bread will go uneaten. So embarrassing, like some evil creature takes over!
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I take semi sweet chocolate chips and stick them in raspberries, it helps
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Just want to say, I feel your pain... I ate half a cake over the weekend, so I'm of no help...
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since your body does extra work during a period, I up my calories by 100 everyday; once I start retaining water.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Try this! Light piña colada cake. I cut it into 9 squares. 120 calories each. 2 tablespoons of tru-whip, 30 calories,150 calories total. Even if you ate the whole cake, 1080 calories, it's still only about the same as a slice of regular cake. I don't know if the link will work yet, sometimes they take 72 hours and I put it in there somi could share it.

http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/pi-coloada-cake/

xopvyf29vqd1.jpg
    nf5pm216ylwm.jpg
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the 100cal chips ahoy snack packs?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    HeyMissNya wrote: »
    All. I. Freakin. Want. Is. Desert.
    Here you go....

skull.jpg?w=640

P.S. If you want dessert then have some. Just hit your calorie goals.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Have you tried the 100cal chips ahoy snack packs?

Those are handy, but not if you end up having 3-4 of them. *ahem* There's a reason I don't get those anymore! XD

OP: do you live near a gas station? As in, near enough to walk to? Keeping trigger foods out of the house is a good idea, but if you really REALLY want something, walk to the nearest gas station and get a small pack of what you're craving, walk home with it, and eat it at home. You add a little bit of exercise and still get to eat something you really want without going overboard. That's what I do with chips. Granted, the small bag is more like 2 servings, but it's a lot better than opening up a big bag and finishing over 12 servings!!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Lol, I get these cravings and usually stuff myself by eating things like two juicy oranges in a row or a ton of berries. I don't necessarily want chocolate any less, but I'm pretty full and don't really feel like eating afterwards. The fruit binge damage is usually 150-200 calories and I can definitely work that into my calories.

My husband thinks that it's hilarious to see me desperately shoveling blueberries into my mouth, but its safer than trying to portion out a single serving of hazelnut chocolate chip gelato.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudgsicle & creamsickle pops & Dark chocolate. You could also allow yourself a sliver of cheesecake then work it off at the gym.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking you could also try incorporating cravings into your meal plan & then maybe youd be less likely to want to snack in between. Like oatmeal banana chocolate chip pancakes. Spinach strawberry, blueberry, salad with a chocolate balsamic vinegar & then go to a Mexican restaurant for dinner & get the chicken mole. Aw man I freaking love mole!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Tea is good. Also jello and sugar-free apple cider (40 calories and 15 calories, respectively). I don't get the mega-chocolate munchies, though, just the sweet cravings. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    What kind of dessert? Seriously, in my experience, eat exactly what you crave, otherwise you'll end up eating it anyway and you'll have 'wasted' calories on non satisfying things while trying to get rid of your craving (and no, it usually doesn't work).

Like I may have eaten a chocolate chip nut bar today when I REALLY wanted chocolate, and ended up eating the nut bar, plus chocolate, and a few chocolate Oreos. At least it got rid of the craving though... Funny I guess because it's the first time in years that I'm actually craving chocolate on my period! But yeah... for me I'll always end up eating more calories if I try to ignore a craving than if I just gave in in the first place - guaranteed.

So always ask yourself 'what do I really want now?' (that works when you don't have your period too).
  • nutritionK
    nutritionK Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    craving? we have all been there, you don't need to worry about it too much cause there are options that wont make you sabotage your diet. besides one piece of chocolate wont ruin your whole week that's very different if you eat the whole bar.
    As a nutritionist but also a women I recommend skipping processed carbs and choose whole grains, that way you will keep you sugar blood levels steady, in your breakfast add a little bit more protein that way you will feel more satisfied and will help you avoid your cravings for a while (eggs, yogurt, low fat dairy, low fat cheese), avoid canned foods and fast food they are high-sodium foods and will make you gain water weight.
    At last if you are craving ice-cream have some natural yogurt with fruit, if you are craving chips have instead 2 cups of popcorn, if you are craving chocolate choose dark chocolate and some almonds (no more than 6).

[Edited by MFP Mods]