StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    <untagging>
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    I will no longer be replying or commenting on this post. It's getting a little silly now. Off for a hiit workout lol. Peace out ✌

That's a pity as if you did stick around you would have discovered why your HIIT sessions are probably doing very little for you from a fitness perspective and weight loss perspective and why longer intervals may be your friend.

I tried HIIT with weight lifting because "I hate cardio". I found I did much better in regards to weight loss by dropping those workouts and instead incorporation lower intensity intervals on the elliptical (about an hour).

The originator has the advantage of being on the edge of Hyde Park, which is about 10km around, and really rather nice. The slope on the eastern edge of the park is quite a good one for hill repeats as it's moderately steep, the southern boundary where the Cavalry exercise their horses is a long, steady grind so quite good for the mental aspect of training.

I would say that it's generally pretty busy, although generally I've been there in the evenings when it's people training, rather than mothers and children, which is mroe during the day.

IF nothing else it's quite a nice place to go for a pleasant walk, as well as running. It's a bit more limited for cycling.

Yeah, I live within walking distance of a park, although not nearly as nice as Hyde Park sounds. I love getting out of a walk on the weekends, and it ends up being about a 6 mile walk there and back. I consider that my rest day, but I'm not pushing a stroller, and I'm not particularly hoofing it either.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    PS: your TDEE estimate is really the place that needs attention...

Nah, she good bro. She didn't actually have any questions. She's got it all figured out. Just wanted to show us how amazing she is and how hardcore her walking workouts are.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    I will no longer be replying or commenting on this post. It's getting a little silly now. Off for a hiit workout lol. Peace out ✌

That's a pity as if you did stick around you would have discovered why your HIIT sessions are probably doing very little for you from a fitness perspective and weight loss perspective and why longer intervals may be your friend.

Debateable

I agree. It's very debatable if she would have discovered anything
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    @MeanderingMammal It's an unfortunate feature of MFP that they use "wards" for address areas (I'm here and don't know half these places!), but OP is in Leeds, not London.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Nah, she good bro. She didn't actually have any questions. She's got it all figured out. Just wanted to show us how amazing she is and how hardcore her walking workouts are.

Oh, so this was one of those rhetorical thread type things then?

I'm out.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Truth. I'm a 5'9, 150ish pound female and my TDEE during intense marathon training is 2700. So those walks must be EXTREME.

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Honestly this seems pretty reasonable to me. You aren't doing intense cardio or weight training 7 days a week. The walks are mild and can sort of be looked at as "rest days". I think you're pretty balanced on a beginner level here. Keep it up. :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    @MeanderingMammal It's an unfortunate feature of MFP that they use "wards" for address areas (I'm here and don't know half these places!), but OP is in Leeds, not London.

Ah, so she could have clarified when I first mentioned it, instead of throwing a hissy fit :)

Notwithstanding that, there are some really nice places in London to train. Round the three parks is a good couple of hours, or I fairly frequently go from South Bank down to Wandsworth, it's more difficult from Blackfriars towards the East as the Thames path isn't particularly distinct for a while, but out to Greenwich is also a very pleasant evening.

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Saaarf of the river doesn't count ::laughing::
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Another thread where the OP didn't hear what they wanted to hear I see? So they decided to pout and leave...

Walking HIIT? That's new...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Another thread where the OP didn't hear what they wanted to hear I see? So they decided to pout and leave...

Walking HIIT? That's new...

Um, can you just post some more so that I can spend more time looking at your avi?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Truth. I'm a 5'9, 150ish pound female and my TDEE during intense marathon training is 2700. So those walks must be EXTREME.

I'm wondering if her fitbit is just set up wrong.

Yesterday, I ran a 10k, walked another 16 km and only burned 3700 cals. That's a measly 700 more than her reported 3000 cals for 9 miles. And I weigh 210ish pounds...
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Dav is right about leg training. I've been an avid runner now for about 7 years and I run 5-6 days a week no less than 10k every run and sometimes longer runs. Going for a run is not considered a leg training day. You need to do leg training separately to get stronger and be a faster runner if that's what you do. I've just recently added a boxing/crosstraining routine to my running and it has made a huge difference in my running. 45 minutes a workout, 4 days a week doing squats, lunges. box jumps, step ups, and split jumps. HUGE difference and I recommend anyone who wants to get stronger or faster running to add in some type of leg workout other than just running.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Actually, after the further input by the OP, I think that the 3000 TDEE is reasonable for her activity and fitness levels. Years of working out, kettlebell workouts weights that seem more in line with what a lot of more fit women and/or lesser fit guys use, very active recovery days, and really no lazing around in full rest day mode.

All that, combined with an estimated intake of 2500 calories and losing weight in line with that deficit as compared to the estimated TDEE tells me that she is at least close in her TDEE estimate. As well as informed enough to be using the feedback loop, and stating she plans on eating more, not less. That tells me that if a weight loss goal is still a consideration, then the current loss rate is going to be adjusted to slow down.

As for the HIIT, it's semantics. The link by @CollieFit gave an example of workouts considered HIIT that aren't crazy high intensity, and that is from a fitness organization. But regardless of what the details are of the semantics of HIIT vs not, it appears to me that the OP is putting in some fairly hard work on a regular basis. I don't think the numbers stated are crazy high in regards to TDEE. I know people that size with similar TDEE's.

For that reason, I don't think it's my place to question how hard anyone else is working out, or how much effort they are putting in. I'm glad there are examples like the OP and others that show with greater commitment and dedication many of us could raise our TDEE with both activity level and more structured workouts. And though I don't think I've hit that TDEE if viewed by a pound per pound basis, I've come close during periods when I put in more effort than I am currently. I'm glad someone else is still finding time and making it happen. Even if that proves I could be working harder.

@halimaiqbal00 Just in case you are still peeking in, my original reply stands. With a high level of work, switching that kettlebell and HIIT day might help. But with the added info, it sounds like you are fueling and working out smart and hard, so it might not be any need for you. As for the colds, I've never experienced that myself, even with a more strict and hard workout schedule. But combined with a deficit, and weather, exposure to others, etc.... maybe easing off a little to see if the cold recovers quicker might be in order.

I'm glad you are staying so active and killing it on your workouts. Pound per pound I have no doubt you are ahead of me in TDEE. And I'm glad there are people like you proving it can be done.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »

Debateable

I'm willing to debate it.

What you got?

Well that's easy. The best exercise is the one you can commit to, and actually do on a regular basis
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the replies that aren't d!ck meausuring, sorry, can't think of a more accurate term for what seems to be going on here with most replies. I'll have one day off as complete rest day if I can manage it and continue with what I'm doing and try to increase my calories a little and get more sleep. Thanks again to the helpful replies!

Have to say, the increase calories comment has me a bit confused
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Thanks to all the replies that aren't d!ck meausuring, sorry, can't think of a more accurate term for what seems to be going on here with most replies. I'll have one day off as complete rest day if I can manage it and continue with what I'm doing and try to increase my calories a little and get more sleep. Thanks again to the helpful replies!

Have to say, the increase calories comment has me a bit confused

I think it was for the OP to increase intake, as she was losing weight. Which leads me to think her TDEE was at least a fairly good estimate.