5'6.5 female looking to lose 50 pounds!! Anyone else with me?

Options

Replies

• Rain203
    Rain203 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ljdw99 wrote: »
    Rain203 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a question... I have my thing set as sedentary and looking to lose 1lb a week. Current weight 192lbs 5"6.5. I'm allowed 1470 calories a day. How many are you allowed?

Per previous post- I'm 5'11" started @ 258# (the most I've ever weighed...how did it happen ??) set my plan for 1.5#s/wk which gives me 1365 cal/day...activity sedentary because of my knee...goal 175 which is the high end of the BMI/Weight chart for my height but I'm very large boned :) ! I lost 10#s in a month because I don't usually get to 1365 and with a lot of weight to lose pounds usually come off faster in the beginning. I did start out for a few weeks @1#/wk just to get my body acclimated to fewer calories & my mind wrapped around & embracing the process. It has worked well for me & im so mindful now of protein, fat, sodium & vitamins. I've added a multivitamin & fiber gummies. My weigh in today I'm down 23#s. 7 wks until Mothers Day...my goal is to lose 10#s which I think is doable. I'm eating lots of veggie soups & poached eggs w/Pepperidge Farm Light 100% Wheat bread toasted, Fage Greek yogurt & I'm starting to really enjoy raw veggies & hummus.

Thanks you for your reply! Hmm so you're taller and take in less calories, I totally think once I'm used to calorie counting I too can switch to two poinds a week. My hubby is also on myfitnespal and he's allowed like 2,000+ calories. It isn't fair! Lol

• healthynewme67
    healthynewme67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi.!! I'm about 5'6" and my goal is to lose about 65 lbs. I've been on for a little over 2 months. I've taken it pretty slow. I spent a lot of time just getting used to portion sizes and logging things. I'm to the point where I want to add in exercise but I don't know where to start at the gym. Skinny, fit people intimidate me. lol. I'm going to send you a friend request. It would be great to have another friend on this journey, especially one who's journey is so closely aligned.
  • Rain203
    Options
    vransom287 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am in the same boat. This is my first weight loss journey. Just had my first child and want to lose 50 lbs. Add me.

Added!
  • Rain203
    Options
    misvic88 wrote: »
    hi everyone.. just starting and heading in a good direction.. my husband is having gastric sleeve and i need to lose but don't want to do that so here i am... i did this before and have had success.... looks like a great group!!!

Thank you! Yes I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that, good for you for trying this first! I believe you will be successful and we are all here to help motivate one another.
  • Rain203
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I want to lose 40 pounds! Started about 2 weeks ago and lost 4 already yaay! :)

Nice work!
  • Rain203
    Options
    Hi.!! I'm about 5'6" and my goal is to lose about 65 lbs. I've been on for a little over 2 months. I've taken it pretty slow. I spent a lot of time just getting used to portion sizes and logging things. I'm to the point where I want to add in exercise but I don't know where to start at the gym. Skinny, fit people intimidate me. lol. I'm going to send you a friend request. It would be great to have another friend on this journey, especially one who's journey is so closely aligned.

I was taking it pretty slow in the beginning too. As this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change! Forming new healthier habits take time.

I know what you mean about the gym. Have you ever considered working out at home? I used Jillian Michaels videos in the past and had success. I also use YouTube fitness blender videos which are awesome! All you really need is room to workout and some weights. The gym gives me anxiety. Maybe when i am fitter I'll go too, but right now I'd rather stay home or get outdoors for exercise.

I'll add you :)

• hopefuldreamfairy
    hopefuldreamfairy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! I need fitness friends too!
  • margueritepape
    margueritepape Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm looking to lose 30lbs. I never used this app before and am strugging to do this alone. I'm not sure how to add people but I am looking for support/ideas for meals and workouts
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Decided today to have a dish of peanut butter chocolate ice cream (freshly made at a nearby creamery) for lunch! Celebrating 3 mons on MFP & losing 23#s...more than my 1.5/wk goal. More importantly I've been sick w/cold, cough for almost 2 wks (now on Augmentin for sinus infection) and I thought it would feel good on my throat...it did but I couldn't taste it...darn! I checked calories first & I'll stay under that goal but will be over on fat. The big thing is I made a conscious decision; a few months ago I would have just indulged with no real thought...progress! It's a cold, sunny day here in New England with snow on the way tonight & even though I feel crumby I'm celebrating :)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Spuffz
    Spuffz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was 236lbs at Christmas 2015 now March 2016 I'm 189lbs with a goal weight of 150lbs (hopefully by summer 2016) I'm 36 and a mum of 2 boys (now almost 21 and 18) and I've nearly really got back to goal weight since having them! (Bad girl) I'm on daily, plus my profile is honest and open with daily struggles, goals etc etc lol/ Add me if you like.....
  • inickinichole
    inickinichole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 40 year old mom of 4 with my youngest being only 8 weeks old!!
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Right with ya girl! I'm 5'6 and 181.2. I'd love to lose about 45lbs, but starting with a goal of 30. I'm small framed so I tend to look a lot skinnier at a heavy weight (I know it's really odd)
  • JamGonnaRockIt
    JamGonnaRockIt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 50lb to lose, would be great to help each other along the way! Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Rain203
    Options
    I have 50lb to lose, would be great to help each other along the way! Anyone can feel free to add me :)

Added!
  • Rain203
    edited March 2016
    Options
    TnR4life wrote: »
    Right with ya girl! I'm 5'6 and 181.2. I'd love to lose about 45lbs, but starting with a goal of 30. I'm small framed so I tend to look a lot skinnier at a heavy weight (I know it's really odd)

better than looking larger! Lol

Also, that sound like an awesome mini goal!! When are u hoping to achieve it by?
  • Rain203
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 40 year old mom of 4 with my youngest being only 8 weeks old!!

Hello! Congrats on your newest addition! You've come to the right place to get back to where you wanna be :)
  • Rain203
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Spuffz wrote: »
    Hey, I was 236lbs at Christmas 2015 now March 2016 I'm 189lbs with a goal weight of 150lbs (hopefully by summer 2016) I'm 36 and a mum of 2 boys (now almost 21 and 18) and I've nearly really got back to goal weight since having them! (Bad girl) I'm on daily, plus my profile is honest and open with daily struggles, goals etc etc lol/ Add me if you like.....

Awe yes honesty is the best policy! My diary is open and honest too :) it helps seeing my mess ups, because I try not to make them too often. Plus it keeps us accountable for our actions. Unless my day is a complete write off... Then I may or may not log it lol....however, I try and avoid those days like the plague.

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting my daily protein requirement...not always meeting potassium & iron either! I guess I'm going to have to do some google research. I don't really want to use protein powder. Anybody else in this predicament?
  • eileenholmes487
    eileenholmes487 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose about 50 pounds,