Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is it good to have homemade wine ?

Options
janejamie0009
janejamie0009 Posts: 15 Member
edited January 2022 in Debate Club
I love Red wine. Is it advisable to drink wine while you are on a weight loss plan? If yes, how much is okay?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    One 5 ounce serving
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you count the calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging the calories and it's not crowding out any nutrients that you need, I think red wine (or any alcohol) is fine for people losing weight. I know when I was losing weight, I often would have some wine with dinner. It made a low calorie plan feel more sustainable and pleasant for me and kept me on track.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Wine is good, so it is good to have it. As with all things of this world, consume it in moderation.
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As long as you log the calories you should be fine, especially if it keeps you enjoying life while keeping your calorie deficit.
  • janejamie0009
    Options

Thank you all. I love making wine and tasting too. Guess having wine in moderation won't do any harm :) Thanks again.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm in for wine. and Beer. Unless you plan to cut it out all together it's important to figure out how to fit it in your daily calorie allotment. Go get you some wine.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No. Not unless you want to halt fat burning for 48-72 hours each time. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I had wine nearly every day while I was losing weight because I drank wine for years when I was at a healthy weight so I knew I could include it and still lose the chub.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    @janejamie009 I love home made wine, but only have a glass once a week or 2. I went to a brew master course awhile ago
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    I love Red wine. Is it advisable to drink wine while you are on a weight loss plan? If yes, how much is okay?

Interesting question, but it really isn't a debate topic. This would have fit better in Food & Nutrition or General Diet and Weight Loss Help
  • janejamie0009
    edited March 2016
    Options

Interesting question, but it really isn't a debate topic. This would have fit better in Food & Nutrition or General Diet and Weight Loss Help

Thanks for your suggestion..I m new here ..☺
This discussion has been closed.